Windows 10: PC Login, don't know password

Discus and support PC Login, don't know password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was troubleshooting some false positive flags with my antivirus provider. They had me download and run a removal program. I ran said program and my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by newmanchris, May 16, 2019 at 1:17 PM.

1. PC Login, don't know password

I was troubleshooting some false positive flags with my antivirus provider. They had me download and run a removal program. I ran said program and my PC restarted instantly, during the restart it stated unable to save changes, please do not turn off your pc (or something to that effect).

Once it had rebooted, the login screen was asking for a password and not a PIN. I have never used a password to login, and I have tried every password that I can think of for the last decade. I have also tried my Microsoft password, didn't work, reset my password via my phone, tried the new password, and nothing.

What can I do?

:)

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, May 16, 2019 at 1:18 PM
  3. I can't get text messages. & Also don`t change my account password

Dear Sir,

I can't get text messages for a verification code & also don`t know about recovery code. & Also don`t Change my account password please guide us.

Thanking & Regards

m.Sameem

muhammadsameem, May 16, 2019 at 1:18 PM
  4. Rose Cal Win User

PC Login, don't know password

PC login password on Windows 10

Hi,

The password is used for you to be able to login to a specific account. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried using your current password?

Meanwhile, you may not able to recover your local account if you forgot your password. We suggest that you follow the steps in this article: Reset
    your Windows 10 local account password
    to reset your computer. After you reset your computer, you may create a new local account by clicking on this

link

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thema:

PC Login, don't know password

1. PC Login, don't know password - Similar Threads - Login don't password

2. Need 2 factory reset,Don't know administrator password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need 2 factory reset,Don't know administrator password: Hello I've been having some issues with logging in for weeks because I don't know the password To My laptop,It's a Republic of gamers gl753ve laptop,I've tried going into safe mode by pressing shift and restart and tried doing a command prompt "rstrui.exe" but that doesn't do...
  3. can't log as admin - don't know the password for admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't log as admin - don't know the password for admin: Hi, how would i be able to log as administrator in windows 10? I think i am an standard user and when i tried to change my account type it says that i need to log the user name and password of admin to make changes on the device. I don't know where to log and I don't know...
  4. how do i remove a password from a standard account if i don't know the password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do i remove a password from a standard account if i don't know the password: how do i remove a password from a standard user account if i don't know the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-password-from-a-standard-account/c8f4bea3-bec2-4176-9906-3c16a1f88752"
  5. i don't know how to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i don't know how to reset my pc: How do I go about resetting my PC? I have a virus on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-reset-my-pc/0949c461-8a9b-45f5-82f6-3b47df87e1e3
  6. i don't know how to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i don't know how to reset my pc: How do I go about resetting my PC? I have a virus on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-dont-know-how-to-reset-my-pc/0949c461-8a9b-45f5-82f6-3b47df87e1e3
  7. How can i change the administrator password if i don't know it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i change the administrator password if i don't know it.: I have inherited my step fathers computer with windows 10 and it has an administrator password and he has no idea what it could possibly be. I also do not have the restoration cd for windows 10. is there any way to reset it remove it?...
  8. Left Homegroup, Don't Know Password to Rejoin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Left Homegroup, Don't Know Password to Rejoin: I did something pretty dumb. I left a Homegroup on the PC I created it on. I can't rejoin it because I can't remember the password (the dumb thing is that I can't find a record of the password). Do I need to delete the existing Homegroup, and how is that accomplished? Can...
  9. Needing help don't know if problem is with browsers or PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Needing help don't know if problem is with browsers or PC?: I have a Emachine windows 10 pro updated PC. I'm having trouble with the firefox and Google Chrome. Here's whats going on! 1. When I play games on facebook on firefox it will load sometimes or just freeze the whole browser all together. But when I download something it...
  10. Sorry, but I don't know

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorry, but I don't know: A while back, I crashed my computer, still an unknown reason, but now that I've been using this one for a while, I decided to link my Microsoft account to it. I'm afraid maybe I had a virus, but I'm confused, now that I've linked my account, do the files come back, or just...