Windows 10: PC Login Password not recognized on 1st attempt

Discus and support PC Login Password not recognized on 1st attempt in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When login in to my laptop with Windows 10 Home ver 1709 the 1st attempt often fails for an unrecognized password. But when reentering the same... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BruceHatton1, Apr 26, 2020.

1. PC Login Password not recognized on 1st attempt

When login in to my laptop with Windows 10 Home ver 1709 the 1st attempt often fails for an unrecognized password. But when reentering the same password it accepts it. Is this a Windows bug or someone trying to steal my password?

:)

BruceHatton1, Apr 26, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Password not recognized after shutdown

Hi Shrec,

• Will it give same error message when you use new password on login screen?
    When you try to reset the password, ensure to enter the same Email address what you see on the login screen for your account. Sometimes, the issue might occur due to the incorrect characters entered into the password field. This happens
    when the input keyboard language changes to some other. Suggest you to login using an On-Screen Keyboard at login screen and see if it helps. To do so,

• When you reach login screen, press Windows + U
      and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access
      list or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with
      On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol
      (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.
    Do check this issue by logging through Safe Mode with Networking, to see if it allows you to login without any issue. This troubleshooting step will help you to eliminate any problem with the third party software (I.e. including Antivirus or Internet
    security software) or services, if in case they are forcing this behavior at login screen, before you reach the desktop screen. To
    Boot your system in Safe Mode,

• Restart your PC. When you reach the
      sign-in screen, hold the Shift key and select the
      Power button, and then select Restart.

• After your PC restarts, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.

• Once it reaches login screen, check if it allows you login. You can also use
      On-Screen Keyboard here for typing password, as suggested.
    Note: Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start
    Windows are installed. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you're using.

If you still unable to login, please let us know, we're glad to assist you.

SujataMoktan, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Sp1d3r Win User

PC Login Password not recognized on 1st attempt

Strange login attempt on pc

I have quite a strange situation.

A few days ago I came home to my computer being on (when it shouldn't, I did not turn it on)
    Being as paranoid as I am I tried figuring out what turned on my pc and why.

Not being unfamiliar with pc's I immediately took steps to make sure it would stop.
    One of the steps I took was using event viewer to try and find any clues. What I noticed was my pc seemed to be on more than I want. With strange 'logon events' at very weird times, when I was either away or sleeping in the same room as where the pc is (this for me rules out a family member not respecting my privacy)

Below are screenshot of some of the extreme cases of what seem to be logon attempts, which made me even more paranoid.

Steps I took in the meantime:
    - change my windows login code
    - ran malwarebytes scan -> found nothing
    - ran my nod32 antivirus full system scan -> found nothing
    - ran Kaspersky antivirus -> found nothing
    - ran Kaspersky rootkit removal tool -> found nothing
    - checked powercfg /waketimers, there were none
    - manually unplugged internet cable when computer was not in use

Does anyone know if this could be a virus or a hacker login into my pc when I'm not using it, or could it be something I'm overlooking?
    More importantly I'm looking for ways I can prevent this.

For the record, I only noticed this when my pc was on last time when I turned it off before, I did not notice anything else like changed files, login attempts on any of my other account, I have 2 factor Auth for most of them.

PC Login Password not recognized on 1st attempt Pw7pu.png

Sp1d3r, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

PC Login Password not recognized on 1st attempt

1. PC Login Password not recognized on 1st attempt - Similar Threads - Login Password recognized

2. Computer does not recognize windows login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer does not recognize windows login password: I know my windows account password but when I enter it I get a message that the password is. Not correct. I know it’s correct because I can login using it on another computer. Can’t use a windows recovery because no disk was created. Any way to get this computer to accept the...
  3. unusual pc login attempts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unusual pc login attempts: Hi. I am running Windows 10 Pro 19044 on an Intel NUC 7th Gen i7The pc consists of two Windows accts and one local acct. The Windows accts use PINs to login, there is no password on the local acct.For the past few mornings, when I boot up and click on my name to login instead...
  4. unusual pc login attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unusual pc login attempts: Hi. I am running Windows 10 Pro 19044 on an Intel NUC 7th Gen i7The pc consists of two Windows accts and one local acct. The Windows accts use PINs to login, there is no password on the local acct.For the past few mornings, when I boot up and click on my name to login instead...
  5. unusual pc login attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PC will not recognize Password or reset Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not recognize Password or reset Password: After running "Microsoft Defender Offline Scan", I attempted to enter known password but it was not recognized. Did suggested "reset" via another PC with a different address/ID, and although a "successful" reset, the main PC would not recognize the new password. Attempted...
  7. Wrong Password when attempt to login

Wrong Password when attempt to login: i cant sign in on my computer. i can sign into to out look and everything but when i try to sign into my account on my computer it says when password is wrong even when i reset it 2 minutes earlier. what is the issue [Original Title: account]...
  8. windows 10 login pin and password not recognized

windows 10 login pin and password not recognized: windows 10 64 bit 2004. System rebooted after/during update. Neither Pin or PW work. I can login to MS on line account and change PW from another Workstation but first PC will not use it. Safe mode and diagnostics need PW. Trying to boot from restore disk at this point....
  9. Windows does not recognize login password

Windows does not recognize login password: I have a desktop PC Dell running Windows10. It is relatively new. I cannot get it to recognize an MS account to log in to windows Hello. It is messing up my updates, access to MS Store etc. I can't get anything. I have created new accounts, reset password multiple times,...
  10. PC doesn't boot into Windows on 1st attempt

in Windows 10 Support
    PC doesn't boot into Windows on 1st attempt: Hi all, I'm new to this forum and have the problem of only booting into Windows at the 2nd attempt. My system is home built, the boot drive being a Samsung 850 EVO series m.2 SSD. Win 10 was installed via USB, the ssd being the only installed drive. Installation was very...