Windows 10: PC looses connection

Discus and support PC looses connection in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm not even sure that's an apt description. MWB worked seamlessly for a couple of weeks. Now, and I can't put my finger exactly on when, it will from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TerryGill4, Feb 27, 2020.

1. PC looses connection

I'm not even sure that's an apt description. MWB worked seamlessly for a couple of weeks. Now, and I can't put my finger exactly on when, it will from time to time quit working. I'll switch from the host to the other pc both W10 -- different versions -- and the mouse / keyboard are inoperable. I'll see the pointer, but it's inoperative. I'm having trouble with losing the connection to my network drive too. It's a USB/SSD plugged into my router. Works great for a while, then shows that there's not enough memory. I can't seem to make any connection between these two problems, but suspect it must have something to do with my wifi network. Internet connectivity stays reliable despite these other issues. Is there some setting I'm missing that allows MWB to stop working from time to time? For what it's worth it seems to happen more frequently in the evenings. I do have two wifi networks, one 2G and one 5g, but I've only caught one of the machines hopping over to 2g once. I'm assuming both would have to be on the same variant 2 or 5. Is that the case?

Love the program but need to make it more stable.

:)

TerryGill4, Feb 27, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Loosing WiFi connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding you loose you internet connection as soon as you charge your laptop.

I suggest you try the methods below and check if issue persist.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “ Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Check and see if this resolves your issue, if not perform method 2.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers

• On the search bar type “Device Manager”.
          • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
          • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall
          • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Regards

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

PC looses connection

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

PC looses connection

1. PC looses connection - Similar Threads - looses connection

2. Wifi Connection keeps on loosing and reconnecting every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Connection keeps on loosing and reconnecting every second: I have asus laptop with Windows 11. My Wifi connection keeps on loosing and reconnecting every second, and it's not some error with the Wifi as the other laptops/ computers in the house hold are not affected. I tried using the laptop with another wifi router as well, and it...
  3. Wifi Connection keeps on loosing and reconnecting every second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Connection keeps on loosing and reconnecting every second: I have asus laptop with Windows 11. My Wifi connection keeps on loosing and reconnecting every second, and it's not some error with the Wifi as the other laptops/ computers in the house hold are not affected. I tried using the laptop with another wifi router as well, and it...
  4. Surface keyboard Bluetooth keeps loosing connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface keyboard Bluetooth keeps loosing connection: Hi all,I have a windows 10 laptop, and use a separate screen/keyboard/mouse. I have the Surface keyboard connected via bluetooth. But, if my laptop goes into sleep mode after a while, the laptop wakes up with the mouse but the keyboard is not connected anymore. I have to...
  5. Surface keyboard Bluetooth keeps loosing connection

Surface keyboard Bluetooth keeps loosing connection: Hi all,I have a windows 10 laptop, and use a separate screen/keyboard/mouse. I have the Surface keyboard connected via bluetooth. But, if my laptop goes into sleep mode after a while, the laptop wakes up with the mouse but the keyboard is not connected anymore. I have to...
  6. Surface keyboard Bluetooth keeps loosing connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. When i turn my hotspot on I loose internet connection on my host computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i turn my hotspot on I loose internet connection on my host computer: When i turn my hotspot on I loose internet connection on my host computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-my-hotspot-on-i-loose-internet/7b87910a-ef7e-4e11-9e42-478c01c0b30a
  8. When i turn my hotspot on I loose internet connection on my host computer

When i turn my hotspot on I loose internet connection on my host computer: When i turn my hotspot on I loose internet connection on my host computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-my-hotspot-on-i-loose-internet/7b87910a-ef7e-4e11-9e42-478c01c0b30a
  9. When i turn my hotspot on I loose internet connection on my host computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. I Loose PC internet connection when sharing my wifi with VoIp phone

I Loose PC internet connection when sharing my wifi with VoIp phone: Hello, I have my Voip phone connected via Ethernet from my PC and to the phone and my PC is connected to wifi. I used to be able to just share the Wifi connection and have the phone and my internet work. Recently, when I share my wifi with the phone, the phone starts working,...