Windows 10: PC Loses Ability to Find WiFis

Discus and support PC Loses Ability to Find WiFis in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; With no warning, my PC will become unable to detect any WiFi Networks. Usually, the build-up to this issue ocurring goes as follows: 1. Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by T.J.T, Jul 2, 2020.

1. T.J.T Win User

PC Loses Ability to Find WiFis

With no warning, my PC will become unable to detect any WiFi Networks. Usually, the build-up to this issue ocurring goes as follows:

1. Internet connection to my current WiFi Network 1 will be lost. Other WiFis Network 2 and Network 3 will still show on the list.

2. My PC will freeze for a short period of time before Network 2 and Network 3 disappear from the WiFi list. Network 1 will still be present, yet my PC will say it has no connection.

3. After disconnecting from Network 1, it will stay on the WiFi list.

4. After reconnecting, however, my PC will say it failed to connect to the network, and after closing that message, Network 1 will disappear from the list as well.

As far as temporary solutions go, I have tried the following:

1. Disable my Network Adapter, restart WLAN AutoConfig, re-enable my Network Adapter.

2. Restarting my PC

The first solution IS faster, yet only works half of the times I try it. The second solution is MUCH slower as my PC has a Blue Screen of Death driver power state failure each time I restart, yet is my only choice if the first solution fails to work.

As far as attempted permanent solutions, I have tried:

1. Going to Device Manager, expanding Network Adapters, going to the properties of my Adapter, going to the Power Management section, and unchecking “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.”

2. Going to Device Manager, expanding Network Adapters, uninstalling my Network Adapter, and restarting reinstalling the adapter

3. Opening Command Prompt as an Admin and running “netsh winsock reset”, then “netsh int ip reset”, then “ipconfig /release” and then restarting my PC and other solutions found https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues

4. Going to Network Connections in Control Panel, going to the properties of my adapter, going to the properties of Internet Protocol Version 4 TCP/IPv4, clicking “Use the following DNS server addresses” and using the addresses 1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1 solution found https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-dns-settings-on-windows-10/

5. Factory resetting my PC.

None of which have worked. Some have provided TEMPORARY fixes, yet none permanent. Please help, it’s getting to be a large inconvenience.

:)

T.J.T, Jul 2, 2020

2. I have lost my wifi ability. My device manager has no network adapter listed.

I have lost my wifi ability.

My device manager has no network adapter listed.

It seems I am not alone in this predicament (thanks Windows 10!).

Any suggestions gratefully received

jeffery_939, Jul 2, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Is that ipv4 pool for DHCP? I usually set fixed IP addresses outside dynamic pool (so above .64 in your case)

Other solutions: like Superfly suggested, new wifi adapter (USB solutions in your case), and found one old HP thread... uninstalling HP hotkeys worked for someone - looks like app was messing with physical key...)

AndreTen, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

1. PC Loses Ability to Find WiFis - Similar Threads - Loses Ability Find

2. Gaming PC no longer has ability to connect to wireless WiFi??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming PC no longer has ability to connect to wireless WiFi??: Hi there! About 2-3 weeks ago I spent a lot of money on a new gaming pc! It’s been working really well up until tonight. Now I’m PRETTY sure it’s Windows 10 I have, but I could be mistaken so I apologise in advance. I leave for a few minutes and when I come back it’s not...
  3. Gaming PC no longer has ability to connect to wireless WiFi??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming PC no longer has ability to connect to wireless WiFi??: Hi there! About 2-3 weeks ago I spent a lot of money on a new gaming pc! It’s been working really well up until tonight. Now I’m PRETTY sure it’s Windows 10 I have, but I could be mistaken so I apologise in advance. I leave for a few minutes and when I come back it’s not...
  4. Gaming PC no longer has ability to connect to wireless WiFi??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My laptop loses the ability to connect to wifi completely when downloading large files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop loses the ability to connect to wifi completely when downloading large files.: As the title says, when i try to download large files such as Steam/Epic/Genshin/..... games or even after using for a few hours (2-3 hour), my computer either loses connection to my home wifi completely and refuses to reconnect or it loses the wifi and mobile hotspot option....
  6. Losing TouchScreen abilities on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Losing TouchScreen abilities on my laptop: I have this laptop that came with touchscreen capabilities, I reset the whole pc and reinstalled Windows using a USB, and now the touchscreen no longer works plus the audio drivers aren't found The computer name is Iota The model number is iOTA 2210 2GB RAM 1.44Ghz...
  7. Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi: I have a desktop computer with windows 10 that intermittently loses the ability to connect any wifi network. This is independent of the wifi hardware being used, as I have had the same issue with a usb N300 wifi adapter, a cheap generic usb wifi adapter and the current PCI-E...
  8. Lose ability to connect to wifi when I download Cysco Anyconnect with Windows 10

Lose ability to connect to wifi when I download Cysco Anyconnect with Windows 10: I desperately need Cysco Anyconnect for my VPN access to data from a remote location. I have Windows 10. After downloading Cysco Anyconnect I lost the ability to connect to my Wifi network. If I uninstall it the internet works again. Can anyone help?...
  9. Losing WiFi

Losing WiFi: I think I know my way around a computer but I am stumped. I decided to take my laptop outside today and as soon as I did I lost connectivity. I could not reconnect, it would try to connect to my network but tell me it was unable to connect. First thought was the WiFi driver...
  10. Losing WIFI

Losing WIFI: Still losing wifi sporadically for no apparent reason. Other devices still working on same wifi router, so signal is not a problem. It drops off at least once a day. Tried all the recommended fixes including updated drivers, down-shifting to 802.11b. Only "solution" is...