Windows 10: PC loses internet randomly - help needed to troubleshoot

Discus and support PC loses internet randomly - help needed to troubleshoot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have this setup at home: ISP Modem/Router (in bridge mode) - Asus RT-AX86U (router) - Ethernet Cable (approx 3m/10ft) - Desktop PC (Win10) During the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Damun, May 12, 2021.

1. Damun Win User

PC loses internet randomly - help needed to troubleshoot

I have this setup at home: ISP Modem/Router (in bridge mode) - Asus RT-AX86U (router) - Ethernet Cable (approx 3m/10ft) - Desktop PC (Win10) During the last couple of weeks my PC has started to lose internet connection. The problem disappears after a reboot. It has happened 6-7 times now - apparently randomly. The connection can be lost while idle or while surfing. Only my PC loses internet (only one connected to the Asus router by ethernet). WiFi still works and internet is accessible by other devices. I have tried to run the network troubleshooting utility in Win 10 the last two times it happened. First time it reported a problem with DNS. Second time (today) it reported no ethernet cable! I haven't touched the cable in at least 6 weeks. Today i decided to do a network reset in Win 10. Logs in the Asus router do not show anything at the time when internet is lost System log in windows does not show anything. But perhaps i am not looking in the right place. Is there anything i can do to narrow down the cause of this problem? Specific logs to look at?

:)

Damun, May 12, 2021

2. Randomly losing internet

I'm having this incredibly annoying problem where my desktop randomly loses internet connection. Restarting the PC doesn't fix it, resetting the router doesn't fix it, I just have to wait until it comes back. I'm currently running a virus scan just in case something sneaked in.

Anyone ever come across anything like this before?

Red_Machine, May 12, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Pro loses internet connection randomly

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue of INternet disconnects randomly. Please follow the below to fix the issue.

Fix #1:

Step 1:

Go to the search box next to the Windows icon and type Troubleshoot then click to open it.

Step 2:

Click on Troubleshoot

Step 3:

Then select Network Adapter and click Run the Troubleshooter

Step 4:

Restart PC

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, May 12, 2021
  4. PC loses internet randomly - help needed to troubleshoot

losing internet connection

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if you receive any error code or error message.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

I suggest you refer the help article below as well.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Hope this helps. Get back to us for any further queries on losing Internet connection. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, May 12, 2021
Thema:

PC loses internet randomly - help needed to troubleshoot

1. PC loses internet randomly - help needed to troubleshoot - Similar Threads - loses internet randomly

2. My pc randomly loses internet connection while watching youtube

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc randomly loses internet connection while watching youtube: My pc randomly loses internet connection while watching youtube and it usually takes 20-40 seconds to come back up again.This problem in only on my pc,other devices in the house are not affected.And the problem only happens while watching videos on youtube...searching on...
  3. Need help troubleshooting randomly occurring unresponsiveness and locking up of PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help troubleshooting randomly occurring unresponsiveness and locking up of PC: Hello community, since roughly September 2020 I am experiencing a randomly occurring issue with my PC Win 10 Pro 20H2, 19042.867, fully patched. Randomly occurring means in this case sometimes hours, sometimes days, sometimes weeks. Interestingly, this PC ran for roughly 2...
  4. Random BSOD, need help troubleshooting

Random BSOD, need help troubleshooting: Hello, I put my first computer together almost 2 months ago. In the more recent month have had 3 BSOD's. They are not close together, usually at least a week apart. If this is the wrong place to ask please let me know. My set up is as follows: OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit...
  5. Random Crashes With No BSOD Need Help Troubleshooting

Random Crashes With No BSOD Need Help Troubleshooting: Before I get into the problem, my specs are as follows: Motherboard: Asus Strix X 570 F CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 usually auto boosting to 4.2ghz. My CPU is also being cooled by a corsair AIO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2080 non-oc model and no overclock has been administered on the...
  6. Need help Pc not connecting to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help Pc not connecting to internet: I just got a pc for Christmas and just hooked it up but it won’t connect to internet no internets even show up even though my phone and l can connect fine please help. submitted by /u/dovakinalex69 [link] [comments]...
  7. I need HELP with this... Troubleshooting

I need HELP with this... Troubleshooting: [IMG][IMG][IMG]I put my, I think. 4 Cores up to 16 and when I pressed “Restart” it would your device ran into a problem BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO and all that. I haven’t gotten windows 10 key and done all that and microsoft login to it and it’s already ruined because I was told...
  8. BSOD troubleshooting Need help troubleshooting

BSOD troubleshooting Need help troubleshooting: Hi Microsoft Team, On the past 3 days, I have 3 BSOD. Attached is the minidump & MSINFO of my computer: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqAhNMuZyKrSiCyw3z3Bn0Gex3Mz?e=kVkDP1 Regards, Michael...
  9. Help needed to Troubleshoot the error

Help needed to Troubleshoot the error: Dear MS Community, We are having some network related errors OPC communication alarms related to several servers connected through DCOM configuration in Server Client fashion. When checked from Windows Event Summary, we found one of OPC Server service crashed. We would like...
  10. Random Internet Outage Diagnosis Help Needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random Internet Outage Diagnosis Help Needed: Hello All, Here is my problem, and I hope someone can help. I will gladly supply any necessary information needed to help me solve this. Long story short: For about the last 6 weeks I lose internet randomly, for a couple of minutes at a time. It happens several times a day...