Windows 10: PC loses signal to monitor

Discus and support PC loses signal to monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; While I play a video game, FPS in game start dropping and the monitor loses signal, but the PC is still working. Today I tried the thingy with Capslock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by FMG, Jun 5, 2016.

1. FMG
    FMG Win User

PC loses signal to monitor

While I play a video game, FPS in game start dropping and the monitor loses signal, but the PC is still working. Today I tried the thingy with Capslock and after I pressed it two times, my PC stopped. After I turned it back on it booted, but a black screen appeared and not the logo and after that it rebooted itself and now it's working. I can't play video games at all anymore.

My CPU is i5-3450 3.10 and graphic card GTX 650.

I had this problem even on previous version of windows.

I can watch movies and videos on chrome fine, but when I play games the hell unleashes.

Please help me *Sad.

:)

2. windows 10 not finding second monitor

Unfortunately none of the above fixed the issue. When I boot up my computer, both monitors work, however once windows takes over, my first monitor loses the signal, and only my second monitor continues to function.

ChrisleahyCA, Jun 5, 2016
  3. FarmPath Win User
    Monitor losing signal from the laptop when laptop sleeps

I have a Lenovo laptop that I dock in order to use my two Dell monitors. When the laptop goes to sleep, the monitors lose signal from it and nothing I do brings the signal back. I had a docking station at my last job, and if I left my office for an hour
    or so all I'd have to do was hit the enter key and it would bring back up my login screen. I have to have my computer password protected so I can't change the settings such that it never sleeps, but I'm not sure how exactly I should have the settings such
    that the monitors don't lose signal. I really need the "idiots guide" for this, ie exactly what I need to set and how. Thanks

Cindy

FarmPath, Jun 5, 2016
  4. PC loses signal to monitor

Try to disable hibernation and check if there is any malware on the system.

Windows102k16, Jun 7, 2016
  5. FMG
    FMG Win User
    Already done all of that, but it seems like changing my resolution to 1600x900 may have fixed it, at least for the moment. Don't mark the post as "Solved" yet, because the problem might re-appear.

Thema:

PC loses signal to monitor

1. PC loses signal to monitor - Similar Threads - loses signal monitor

2. My computers monitor loses signal, but PC remains on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computers monitor loses signal, but PC remains on: Recently I have been having a problem where my PC will lose signal randomly after around 10-20 minutes of starting it. My monitor says it lost connection while my computer is still on. Whenever I press the power button, it does nothing, even when I hold it down. The only way...
  3. Plugging a 2nd monitor into my PC tower causes both to lose signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugging a 2nd monitor into my PC tower causes both to lose signal: I have dual monitors but my PC tower only has 1 HDMI port and no VGA port so I bought an HDMI splitter to plug both in. However, when I plug the second monitor into the splitter, both screens turn black and say that they have lost signal. Any ideas how I can use both...
  4. pc loses connection to monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    pc loses connection to monitor: so i didnt have this problem before and all the sudden yesterday my pc loses connetion with my monitor pc still on and sounding normal no overheating what so ever i can still hear music and stuff and it only happends when i play games and edit videos yesterday i lost like so...
  5. pc loses conecction to monitor

pc loses conecction to monitor: so i didnt have this problem before and all the sudden yesterday my pc loses connetion with my monitor pc still on and sounding normal no overheating what so ever i can still hear music and stuff and it only happends when i play games and edit videos yesterday i lost like so...
  6. Monitor loses signal before log-in page

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor loses signal before log-in page: Recently, I upgraded the hardware in my pc, specifically the motherboard, cpu, and ram. Ever since I’ve upgraded my pc, whenever I start it up it begins to load and I can even see all the round circles rotating including the windows logo, after all that gets done my monitor...
  7. Monitor loses signal while in idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor loses signal while in idle: Monitor keeps losing signal after idiling for awhile after I did the Windows 10 update a few days ago. I have checked for updates and keeps saying up to date. I have to turn it off and restart it twice each time to get it back up. How can I fix this?...
  8. After Windows update, monitors will lose signal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows update, monitors will lose signal: Starting back in the summer, windows 10 started updating without my asking. Every time it updates, things will be fine for about 10 minutes. Then I lose signal to my monitors. 10 to 30 seconds after that, I lose the sound. The keyboard doesn't work. The only way to get signal...
  9. Monitor losing signal during start-up

Monitor losing signal during start-up: I've been getting issues in the last week while trying to start up my computer. Either my monitor loses its signal during the blue screen with the rotating white dots or my motherboard graphics card is being used instead of the one that my monitors are plugged into. The...
  10. Monitors Lose Signal On Boot

Monitors Lose Signal On Boot: I have 3 Benq xl2720z monitors all using dp. In the morning I went to turn on my monitors to find out there was no signal in any of them. I then rebooted my computer and when I got to the spinning orb, my computers faded to black in the middle of it and lost signal. I...