Windows 10: Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot

Discus and support Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, my pcs (one is a huawei laptop and the other is surface pro 3 both are upto date on windows 10) are fine when connected to home wifi but once i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RongHuang1, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot

Hi, my pcs (one is a huawei laptop and the other is surface pro 3 both are upto date on windows 10) are fine when connected to home wifi but once i started a vpn or connects to a mobile hotspot the wifi icon would indicate no internet connection, please help, thx.

:)

RongHuang1, Aug 4, 2019

2. Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot

Hi, my pcs (one is a huawei laptop and the other is surface pro 3 both are upto date on windows 10) are fine when connected to home wifi but once i started a vpn or connects to a mobile hotspot the wifi icon would indicate no internet connection, please
    help, thx.

RongHuang1, Oct 1, 2019
  3. No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection

=================================

What is the IP address that is assigned to your device when connected to the Hotspot VPN?

=================================

How can I check that? I am using Android device to connect Windows VPN hotspot.

Resetting connections you mean this way? Open Settings app, click Network & Internet > Status > Network reset link.

If so, I did that but my PPTP and L2TP VPN's connection didn't work again and I had to reinstall them from device manager again (but I didn't follow your next steps in command or PowerShell, only did a simple reset link)

aminvalipour, Oct 1, 2019
  4. slblack Win User

Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot

Using PC as a WiFi hotspot with VPN

I am trying to use my Windows 10 PC as a WiFi hotspot with a VPN.

I turn on my VPN, and I set my PC a WiFi hotspot. The WiFi works and other devices can connect to it with no problems.

However, when my PC becomes the WiFi hotspot, devices connected to it are showing the original IP address instead of the VPN address.

How can I make the WiFi connection go through the VPN so all devices connected to it will be on the VPN IP.

Basically my problem is, my PC web browsing will be on USA IP because I am using VPN. But all other devices connected to my PC hotspot display the non VPN IP. Is it possible for the WiFi hotspot to have the VPN IP instead of the original IP?

Thank you.

slblack, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot

1. Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot - Similar Threads - losses connection internet

2. Windows 10 : PC loss internet connection after using Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 : PC loss internet connection after using Mobile Hotspot: Himy Windows 10 PC lost its internet connection after a mobile get connected to it using Mobile Hotspot. the mobile has internet but the PC is not having, the moment I disconnect the mobile the connection work fine on the PC.I noticed this happened after Windows 10 update, I...
  3. Windows 10 : PC loss internet connection after using Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 : PC loss internet connection after using Mobile Hotspot: Himy Windows 10 PC lost its internet connection after a mobile get connected to it using Mobile Hotspot. the mobile has internet but the PC is not having, the moment I disconnect the mobile the connection work fine on the PC.I noticed this happened after Windows 10 update, I...
  4. Windows 10 : PC loss internet connection after using Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Creating Vpn hotspot through an L2TP/IPSEC connection

Creating Vpn hotspot through an L2TP/IPSEC connection: Hello, I don’t know who or if anyone is able to assist me with this question but what I am essentially trying to do is share my L2 TP VPN connection through the mobile hotspot on my windows 10 pc, I have tried to do this via linking my created network of the L2TP adapter VPN...
  6. Cannot connect to Server 2019 VPN through Verizon hotspot.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot connect to Server 2019 VPN through Verizon hotspot.: Hi. I have a new Server2019 server which I have installed Remote Access / VPN on. Everything works correctly through my home network CBTS and through other services Spectrum, etc. But I have clients that need to connect to the VPN through their Verizon hotspots. When I...
  7. No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection

No Internet access after sharing HotSpot VPN connection: Hi, I have an strange problem. I can connect HotSpot VPN connection successfully but there is no any Internet on mobile device from my laptop. I have Windows 10 Home (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134). It was working few days ago, but suddenly it has stopped working without...
  8. Windows10 not connecting vpn through the mobile hotspot

Windows10 not connecting vpn through the mobile hotspot: Hi Team, we've done all the troubleshoots to fix the issues but it was not helping at all. We would like to know is there any solution to connect the VPN by connecting to mobile hot spot....
  9. Connecting with VPN in Windows 10 through the Internet

Connecting with VPN in Windows 10 through the Internet: I get this error in System error log. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. I have ports 1701, 1723 and 3389 on my router and...
  10. Partial loss of internet connectivity through wired Ethernet...

Partial loss of internet connectivity through wired Ethernet...: For reasons unknown, I have suddenly lost internet connectivity for most applications in Windows 10. Firefox gives me the "Server not found" message and Edge gives me "Hmm, we can't reach this page" for every website. If I run Windows Update, it states, "We couldn't...