Windows 10: PC lost 2/3 of its speed but gets full speed in safe mode.

Discus and support PC lost 2/3 of its speed but gets full speed in safe mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I tested my speed (PC connected by Ethernet cable) and a couple of days ago i noticed it had dropped to 20 Mbps (i usually get 60+) so having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Max Headroom, Aug 4, 2019.

1. PC lost 2/3 of its speed but gets full speed in safe mode.

Hi,

I tested my speed (PC connected by Ethernet cable) and a couple of days ago i noticed it had dropped to 20 Mbps (i usually get 60+) so having searched online i found it could be a conflict, a few threads pointed to AMD quick stream so i uninstalled it and it made no difference, i then tried safe mode and could not use it as i couldn't enter my password so searched again and found your excellent guide which helped me sort that problem (anyone having the same problem see link below) in safe mode i got my usual 60+ Mbps (my modem speed is 72 Mbps) so i rebooted and ran the tests again and it was back to 20 Mbps again, i assume this rules out a fault with the network card, cable and modem.
    I also tried my laptop on the same Ethernet cable and that gave the full 60 Mbps.

I decided as the PC is a few years old i would take it back to factory settings and hope it would fix the problem which as you can see above it hasn't, has anyone any idea what can be causing this or how i can try to find a solution, thanks in advance.

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

:)

Max Headroom, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Wifi speed slow - 1/2 the speed of all other devices

Try closing the peer to peer upgrade process. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>Update & Security.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Choose How Updates are Delivered.
    • Toggle off the switch.

Also, kindly try booting your PC in safe mode and check if this allows you to utilize the full speed of your Internet connection. You can boot into safe mode by following the steps on this
    link.

Allan Mej, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Computer Speed Slow in Windows Standard Mode But Normal in Safe Mode

I have a Dell XPS 13 9350 Laptop. Running Windows it operates slowly. Checking the speed in Task Manager it shows processor usage of never more than 16% and processor speed of .38 Gigahertz and sure enough everything runs like molasses. When I boot into
    Safe Mode and check the speed in Task Manager it shows processor usage fluctuating above 16% and processor speed of 2.4 Gigahertz. Dell's online diagnostic testing doesn't show any issues with the hardware. I am a novice, but this seems to be a software issue
    rather than a hardware one.

Any suggestions are welcome.

MarianneBates, Aug 4, 2019
  4. PC lost 2/3 of its speed but gets full speed in safe mode.

How to remove PC SPEED MAXIMIZER ?

Follow the instructions here.
    Remove PC Speed Maximizer (Removal Guide)

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or cannot be removed there, skip to the next step. HitmanPro may not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

PC lost 2/3 of its speed but gets full speed in safe mode.

1. PC lost 2/3 of its speed but gets full speed in safe mode. - Similar Threads - lost speed gets

2. Slow internet speeds outside safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet speeds outside safe mode: So, we just moved my partners computer over to my place and setting up internet. His speeds are just garbage.I get 80/80 speed, he gets tops 20/0.5 No matter if we switch network cables. The speed is consistent. So it seems located to his computerIn safe mode, he gets good...
  3. Slow internet speeds outside safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow internet speeds outside safe mode: So, we just moved my partners computer over to my place and setting up internet. His speeds are just garbage.I get 80/80 speed, he gets tops 20/0.5 No matter if we switch network cables. The speed is consistent. So it seems located to his computerIn safe mode, he gets good...
  4. Slow internet speeds outside safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. fans started working on full speed in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fans started working on full speed in sleep mode: hello everyone,i usually put my laptop in sleep mode because i have to use it everyday.so as usual my laptop was in sleep mode and suddenly fans started working at full speed.when i turned lid up,LED on power button was on but there was nothing on screen.then i hold on the...
  6. NVME ssd not getting full speeds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NVME ssd not getting full speeds: I recently bought a sabrent rocket 1tb nvme ssd. After configuring it in windows, it only gets 200mbps write but on other devices raspberry pi 400, raspberry pi 3 i get 3gbps in my asus rog arion enclosure. Why is this happening and how can i fix it?...
  7. Airplane mode needs to be turned on get the full wifi speed.

Airplane mode needs to be turned on get the full wifi speed.: My problem is if I turn on wifi and connect it, I dont get the full bandwidth, which is 20mbps. I get hardly 1mbps which sufficient for nothing. Bit, if I turn both wifi and airplane mode and then connect, I get the full 20mbps. Any solution to this? I am on windows 10...
  8. How to get clock speed to full potential

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get clock speed to full potential: I have a friend who needs to host zoom meetings, but his cpu speed is only 1.6ghz, and he can't screen share video files--the cpu is bottlenecking and runs at 100%. So we need to increase the speed. Here are his cpu specs: Intel® Pentium® N3710 (1.6 GHz, up to 2.56 GHz, 2 MB...
  9. Slow speed in normal mode fast speed in safe mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow speed in normal mode fast speed in safe mode: Hi, I tested my speed (PC connected by Ethernet cable) and a couple of days ago i noticed it had dropped to 20 Mbps (i usually get 60+) so having searched online i found it could be a conflict, a few threads pointed to AMD quick stream so i uninstalled it and it made no...
  10. Full Link Speed but Half download speeds!

Full Link Speed but Half download speeds!: I have a peculiar issue with wifi on Windows 10. My computer shows a wifi link speed of 270 Mbps and i have tested the same by sending huge files over my network. Now the issue is that i strongly believe that something in Windows 10 is throttling the internet speeds...