Windows 10: PC lost icons when booted up this morning

Discus and support PC lost icons when booted up this morning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when I booted up my pc this morning most of the icons were gone. What happened?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertSchwindt, Feb 24, 2019.

1. PC lost icons when booted up this morning

when I booted up my pc this morning most of the icons were gone. What happened?

:)

RobertSchwindt, Feb 24, 2019
  2. GSG-9 Win User

Lost the Seagate...

The drive seems to be completely dead, my computer will not boot if I have it connected...to the windows cd or the new installation on the F1 drive (which is the boot drive now by the way)

Thanks for the above article, im booting into Vista: U 64 right now, I cant follow those steps if the drive is in, it will lock up before it gets that far or if its not a cold boot the drive does not appear on the list.

GSG-9, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 24, 2019
  4. PC lost icons when booted up this morning

Reboot loop on cold boots in the morning.

I mean possibly a bad write of the first bios. What happens in the dual bios is if the first bios fails to load, it cycles like 3-5 times trying to boot said bios chip. When it fails to load that correctly, the second chip automatically kicks in and you can boot.

I suggest trying a flash to the latest bios using a thumbdrive formated in fat32 with the bios file on it. reboot the PC and hit the Home key to get into the flash utility, then search for the bios and load it.

sneekypeet, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

PC lost icons when booted up this morning

1. PC lost icons when booted up this morning - Similar Threads - lost icons booted

2. Blue screen when the pc boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen when the pc boot up: Hi guys, I need community help to understand a blue acrren am having when the pc boot up. Anyone able to understand what the root of the crash is please? Windows dump files...
  3. Blue screen when the pc boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when the pc boot up: Hi guys, I need community help to understand a blue acrren am having when the pc boot up. Anyone able to understand what the root of the crash is please? Windows dump files...
  4. Blue screen when the pc boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. This icon just randomly appeared on my taskbar when i booted up my pc this morning. Does...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This icon just randomly appeared on my taskbar when i booted up my pc this morning. Does...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sickhead01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u6f13y/this_icon_just_randomly_appeared_on_my_taskbar/
  6. When I boot my new laptop up in the morning, the screen goes black.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I boot my new laptop up in the morning, the screen goes black.: When I boot my new laptop up in the morning, before even logging in the screen goes black. I hold the power button to restart and it works then. In addition, when I click shutdown on my pc it can take a while to do so. It may also take a while to boot apps. It is an MSI bravo...
  7. Computer with W10 will not boot after first start up in the morning

Computer with W10 will not boot after first start up in the morning: Every morning the computer just freezes in first start up, if you reboot it using the button it starts normally, then you may shut off the computer as many times as you want and it will boot up normally, but next morning it will freeze again on boot. I have read about a...
  8. Pc Goes up every morning with mistakes?

Pc Goes up every morning with mistakes?: i have set 3 days the problem when i turn on the pc every morning that it shows me an error nehmich = video memory management internal but really only in the morning it restarts after that and works as usual after that i have no idea where it could come from...
  9. Can’t login when booting up the PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t login when booting up the PC: When I boot up my PC, I type the correct password but for some reason it doesn’t register as a correct one, security questions don’t help neither. Is there any way I can bypass the login screen so I can edit the password in settings? submitted by /u/AndyToskovic [link]...
  10. Build 1709 and now Outlook 2010 starts when I boot up each morning.

in Browsers and Email
    Build 1709 and now Outlook 2010 starts when I boot up each morning.: How can I stop this. I have tried the disabled on Task Manager to no avail. This was not happening before 1709. Thanks - 99311