Windows 10: PC love/hate relationship with WIFI connection

Discus and support PC love/hate relationship with WIFI connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; TLDR: PC has nasty disconnecty wireless network adapter connection issue. Tried everything google suggested. Hello!, I'd be very grateful if any of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasonPotter1, May 5, 2019.

1. PC love/hate relationship with WIFI connection

TLDR: PC has nasty disconnecty wireless network adapter connection issue. Tried everything google suggested.

Hello!,

I'd be very grateful if any of you would have any ideas to fix my problem. I'll try to write it out and explore what I've found as best I can. I'd say about 50% of the time my internet is good (able to use Netflix, software, games) however the rest of the time it feels like I'm doing surgery to keep it going (with the methods listed below). Sometimes it cuts out semi-regularly for a few hours and othertimes it is just plain unusable.

Devices:

Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless Lan 802.11n PCI-E NIC - (issue persisted with alternate TP Link Wireless adapter)

I5 Quad core

Radeon RX 470

Windows 10

Router:

BT Smart Hub 4 - (issue persisted albeit slight differently with older BT routers. Differently in the sense that the internet was more likely to work, however when it didn't it was often done for the night.)

5+ other computer/devices are connected wirelessly.

Issues (regular messages):

"No Internet, Secured"

Wifi fluctuates between 4 bars and being unable to find it

"Unable to connect to this network"

Troubleshooter: - "Problem with wereless adapter or access

Troubleshooter: - "The default Gateway is not available"

Troubleshooter: - "Wifi does not have a valid IP configuration"

Internet is sometimes just really really slow.

Sometimes the internet is fine from the settings but isn't working anyhow.

Solutions tried (and success rate):

Resetting PC (20%)

Ipconfig /release /renew (20%) - sometimes renew fails because "the operation is canceled by the user" without me doing anything.

Troubleshooter (10%/75% when it 'resets the network adapter')

disconnecting/reconnecting (5%, sometimes it "forgets the password" and then remembers it after a few minutes when I try to connect again.)

Netsh Winsock (I think this is the same as reseting the adapter?)

Changing WLAN services to manual/automated and restarting (no effect)

Changing adapter power management does nothing. Unticking the box to "Allow PC to turn off this device" actually weirdly seems to make things worse".

Updating/redownloading device driver does nothing (and some of the guides I have read didn't make it clear that the driver install should be installed somewhere before uninstalling it from the system which is a hilarious/horrible troll)

Leaving PC for about 30mins and coming back (50%)

ethernet cable works as normal - however I can't currently do this PC love/hate relationship with WIFI connection :(

Meddling with TCP v4/v6 connections (25%) - I've had this problem for a while and I've definately done this and can't remember exactly what I've changed at each point. I've had some success removing v6

Points of interest:

Some software 'cuts the internet'. Not all the time, but features such as the Magic ARENA game's program's Home and Shop screen somehow cause the internet to crash for a few minutes. Actually playing the game is fine. I have also noticed the internet dropping when I load up the game Apex Legends - this may all be a seperate issue?

I've used pingplotter to analyse my performance - it rotates between looking fine and then like a bar code, with the issue being at my end.

I really don't think there is a time of day/usage factor involved as I have tested at many different times. I will say however that there are good weeks and bad weeks in general. I have talked to my internet provider and it is not at their end. Again, other devices are working fine.

Some Ideas:

What boxes sould be ticked in the the "wifi properties" in the network connections?

could there be a TCP issue?

can I do something with this 'default gateway'?

I'm super grateful for any comments - I'll keep checking this post (if the internet will let me).

Thanks for reading!

:)

JasonPotter1, May 5, 2019
  2. dubai514 Win User

N95 What a headache .. A love-hate Relationship

i have been always reluctant to but a new [roduct .. just off the launch .. but i have to admit i was sold on all the Damn adds .. I hate the marketing department .. they are doing such a good job ..

Ran a Mobile Store ( PArtner ) for 4 years .. I know that a new product has lots of hiccups so what do i do when i c the N95 .. Like a mooch i go and pay full Monty for it ..

Always waited .. this time i didnt

So far i have seen

1. it gps works and kills the battery

2. the media player is great but kills the battery

3. 3G network supported phone sucks the hell of the battry

4. The camera is grrrrrrrrat no issues w/the battery there

5. Wifi is great but the few minutes u actually manage to keep a signal the battery dies ..

Solution .. We need a new BAttery

I love the phone .. I want to hear an official response to the battery .. Updated the Software .. SEt the power usage on the wifi to a lower level .. I am using only GSM ..

I hate that i have to say this but i wish i had waited and i will never buy a product on launch again from Nokia .. I thought they were different from Motorola .. but NO

Some one tell me why i love to hate and hate that i love it

dubai514, May 5, 2019
  3. BunnyJ Win User
    old man who has love hate relationship with computers

Hi and welcome to the forums.
    Can you expand a bit on the help that you need? I'm sure we can help you navigate 10.

Jeff
    PC love/hate relationship with WIFI connection [​IMG]

BunnyJ, May 5, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

PC love/hate relationship with WIFI connection

Dear Microsoft (A love/hate relationship)

Loving you, is killing me

When you know it should be thrilling me

Loving you, is choking me slowly

When I'm with you I still feel real lowly

Loving you, is busting me

You don't ever put your trust in me

Loving you, should mean that I'm your king

You don't make me feel like anything

-Aloe Blacc (what a performer!)

BulldogXX, May 5, 2019
Thema:

PC love/hate relationship with WIFI connection

1. PC love/hate relationship with WIFI connection - Similar Threads - love hate relationship

2. Love

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Love: Peace and whales https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/love/a63725f0-c7ff-4aa3-a88e-fa935a50f53b
  3. Windows 11 - I love, Microsoft Store I hate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - I love, Microsoft Store I hate: So I got a new pc over around 15 days ago and I really like W11. However MS Store is a different matter, wow updates are really really slow.. I got a free 1 month Xbox pass but I can't use it cause: Xbox needs to be updatedXbox Game Bar needs to be updated. Gaming Services...
  4. Windows 11 - I love, Microsoft Store I hate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - I love, Microsoft Store I hate: So I got a new pc over around 15 days ago and I really like W11. However MS Store is a different matter, wow updates are really really slow.. I got a free 1 month Xbox pass but I can't use it cause: Xbox needs to be updatedXbox Game Bar needs to be updated. Gaming Services...
  5. Connecting PC to the wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting PC to the wifi: I have had Uverse tv with AT&T internet for about 12 years. Up until 5 years ago, I have always been able to connect my PC wirelessly. A few years back, AT&T replaced the router but was unable to get my PC to discover the wifi network so they installed an ethernet. I am...
  6. Connecting PC to the wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting PC to the wifi: I have had Uverse tv with AT&T internet for about 12 years. Up until 5 years ago, I have always been able to connect my PC wirelessly. A few years back, AT&T replaced the router but was unable to get my PC to discover the wifi network so they installed an ethernet. I am...
  7. Connecting PC to the wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Trust Relationship

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trust Relationship: I have an HP computer running Windows 10 2004 and it is in a domain environment. The server is a 2003- yes I am aware that it is old and outdated- this computer has a trust relationship issue. When a teacher tries to login using their own account they will choose OTHER...
  9. PC not connecting to wifi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not connecting to wifi?: I upgraded my PC to windows 10 and the wifi isn't working and shows nothing when I go on the wifi settings. Could anyone help? submitted by /u/Depression126 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmsx5m/pc_not_connecting_to_wifi/
  10. old man who has love hate relationship with computers

in Windows 10 Support
    old man who has love hate relationship with computers: who i say who wants to help an old man i could get around in 7 but 10 but kills me 64552