Windows 10: PC made weird noise when creating 'image' of SSD and HDD

Discus and support PC made weird noise when creating 'image' of SSD and HDD in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; EDIT: When the 2nd image backup was trying to 'cancel' (which it was not for some reason) I just unplugged the backup HD. I plugged it back in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by C0zzie, Aug 28, 2017.

1. C0zzie Win User

PC made weird noise when creating 'image' of SSD and HDD

EDIT: When the 2nd image backup was trying to 'cancel' (which it was not for some reason) I just unplugged the backup HD. I plugged it back in and performed the full image again. It worked this time, but what happend with the noiuse was still worrying. Maybe it was the external backup HD that was trying to store the image?

I installed my new SSD along with installing Windows 10 on it. I created an 'image' of that as a 'fresh image'.
    I re-connected my HD today, wiped it clean, formatted it and am now using it as storage.

I wanted to create another 'fresh/clean' image of the new HDD along with the SSD. I have them both ticked. I create full image but then PC makes this weird scary beep noise when its creating the image. Its like 3 beeps as it starts creating the image and its happend twice now

First time, the image failed (along with the beeping noise). So I tried it again and I try to close macrium but its still somehow 'creating the image' even though I cancelled it.

:)

C0zzie, Aug 28, 2017

2. Move Windows 10 from installed hdd to installed ssd

Hi i made my own pc i have a hdd and a ssd when i installed windows for the first time it got installed on the hdd instead of the ssd and i have no idea of how to reinstall windows on my ssd instead of the hdd my pc is empty only windows on it so i dont
    mind how its done i just need a way that works !!

Prakticaljoke, Aug 28, 2017
  3. slance310 Win User
    HDD / SSD Installations by OEMs

Hi,

For the most part, they just copy an image onto the SSD\HDD...

They basically do a HDD for one machine of a certain model or models, and create an image...

slance310, Aug 28, 2017
  4. PC made weird noise when creating 'image' of SSD and HDD

Hi C0zzie.

Have you run chkdsk /r against your HDD.

Maybe even CrystalDiskInfo to see how it reports on the health of your disk.

You could also try SeaTools by Seagate.

http://www.seagate.com/ca/en/support...ls-win-master/

As to killing the Macrium process you could try the task manager.

Myself I don't think I would be using that HDD regardless.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 28, 2017
  5. C0zzie Win User
    Hi Caledon Ken

I have HD tune and it says its all fine, both SSD and HDD
    I right clicked my HD and scanned it but no errors found

I ran a chdsk for D: (hd) and C: (SSD) and it found no errors

Might have been the external HD or some macrium confusion that made the noise. I think the sound came from the external HD. What I can do, is later on try another macrium image backup and see if it happens again (hopefully not, and then report back

C0zzie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PC made weird noise when creating 'image' of SSD and HDD

1. PC made weird noise when creating 'image' of SSD and HDD - Similar Threads - made weird noise

2. restore windows 7 image to an SSD when it was made on a Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore windows 7 image to an SSD when it was made on a Hard Drive: Can I restore a Win7 image made from a hard drive to an SSD same as I would to a hard drive? The hard drive is 1tb the SSD is 1tb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-windows-7-image-to-an-ssd-when-it-was-made/6c2a4ff6-7479-4b5e-96f6-911b705c60ef
  3. restore windows 7 image to an SSD when it was made on a Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore windows 7 image to an SSD when it was made on a Hard Drive: Can I restore a Win7 image made from a hard drive to an SSD same as I would to a hard drive? The hard drive is 1tb the SSD is 1tb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-windows-7-image-to-an-ssd-when-it-was-made/6c2a4ff6-7479-4b5e-96f6-911b705c60ef
  4. Weird noises from pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird noises from pc: Hello everyone.So... this problem I have is really weird.Randomly when playing, or just scrolling through web, there is a noise.It sounds like static noise, but I only hear it when I do something like scroll, hover on something and so on.Its hard to explain... its like when...
  5. Weird noises from pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird noises from pc: Hello everyone.So... this problem I have is really weird.Randomly when playing, or just scrolling through web, there is a noise.It sounds like static noise, but I only hear it when I do something like scroll, hover on something and so on.Its hard to explain... its like when...
  6. Weird noises from pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Weird noises.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird noises.: When i hold down SHIFT and press E, F or T. It makes a werid noise. Just really annoying when im trying to play games and you gotta press things like that often. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-noises/dbac6220-e6a8-41b0-880c-b8257b4399ca
  8. Weird Noise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Noise: I keep hearing a weird noise playing on my laptop. It sounds like a waterdrop noise. I am not sure where it is coming from, and I want to stop it. I have tried muting notifications and it still plays....
  9. Restoring HDD image to SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring HDD image to SSD: I am having dual boot PC, XP and Win 10, both on different HDD. I just bought a 250 GB SSD for restoring my Win 10 OS and System Reserved macrium image on this new SSD. I made three volumes 2 GB for System Reserved, 130 for OS and rest free. When I look in Disk Management,...
  10. Trouble Creating Image of my PC Using External HDD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Trouble Creating Image of my PC Using External HDD: I'm trying to create an image, for backup purposes, of my Toshiba laptop, W10 OS, using the built in backup utility. I'm using a 1 TB external hard drive. When I try to create the image onto the external drive the 'proceed' button in the dialogue box is greyed out and...