Windows 10: PC makes click sound starts fans then clicks stops loading and repeats

Discus and support PC makes click sound starts fans then clicks stops loading and repeats in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. So every time I turn PC on it makes a single click sound, starts the fans and then clicks and PSU repeats the cycle never getting to Post? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Daniell, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Daniell Win User

PC makes click sound starts fans then clicks stops loading and repeats

Hi all.
    So every time I turn PC on it makes a single click sound, starts the fans and then clicks and PSU repeats the cycle never getting to Post?
    I tried another PSU but it did the exact same thing.
    Any ideas?
    Cheers
    Win 10
    CPU:
    Intel 3570k
    Motherboard:
    Gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h_e
    Memory:
    8 GB 1600
    Graphics Card(s):
    AMD
    Antivirus:
    Kaspersky

:)

Daniell, Jan 31, 2020
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jan 31, 2020
  3. BambOOs Win User
    XFX TS 550 - weird clicking sound under full stress.

On my video, there are two sounds: this "clicking" in PSU, and sound of fans, especially these three on GPU.

This "clicking" noise is audible even if I sit ~3 meters from PC. (there is no other sound/voice in room). Clicking is present for ~5 seconds from time to time - in this case, while OCCT power supply test, when LinPack CPU starts/stops, also in this moment there is voltage raise from 12.20 to 12.28, as I wrote before.

And don't know why, but first time when I heard that, clicking was present till test/load stop.

BambOOs, Jan 31, 2020
  4. PC makes click sound starts fans then clicks stops loading and repeats

Clicking sound in PC with Windows 10

Hi guys.

I have 2 operating systems on my PC - Win 10 and Ubuntu. When PC loads Win 10 i constantly hear a clicking sound from my PC, but no sound when Ubuntu loads.

Any suggestions?

Sergei Merchenko, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

PC makes click sound starts fans then clicks stops loading and repeats

1. PC makes click sound starts fans then clicks stops loading and repeats - Similar Threads - makes click sound

2. GPU makes clicking noise even when the fans are off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU makes clicking noise even when the fans are off: I don't know where to ask this, so maybe the Microsoft forums are the wrong place, but I have a Sapphire Pulse RX 6700xt, and ever since the first day I had it it has made a clicking noise all the time. Even when the fans are off. The clicking gets to higher intensity when I...
  3. GPU makes clicking noise even when the fans are off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU makes clicking noise even when the fans are off: I don't know where to ask this, so maybe the Microsoft forums are the wrong place, but I have a Sapphire Pulse RX 6700xt, and ever since the first day I had it it has made a clicking noise all the time. Even when the fans are off. The clicking gets to higher intensity when I...
  4. Clicking Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking Sound: I am on windows 10 hp laptop.When I adjust the screen angle, the left bottom side of the screen seems to make clicking noises that gradually turn from a not too loud sound and then stops it is. The clicking slows down when it starts to be silent. It also seems to be in the...
  5. Clicking Sound

Clicking Sound: I am on windows 10 hp laptop.When I adjust the screen angle, the left bottom side of the screen seems to make clicking noises that gradually turn from a not too loud sound and then stops it is. The clicking slows down when it starts to be silent. When this happens, the screen...
  6. Clicking Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clicking Sound: I am on windows 10 hp laptop.When I adjust the screen angle, the left bottom side of the screen seems to make clicking noises that gradually turn from a not too loud sound and then stops it is. The clicking slows down when it starts to be silent. When this happens, the screen...
  7. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly: Recently my mouse cursor started randomly teleworking to the bottom left corner. At first it just telephoned, then it started to click once in a while, now after restarting my pc it is teleworking into the corner constantly and clicking irradically. I have disconnected my...
  8. Accidentally Clicked "Not a Fan" on Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Clicked "Not a Fan" on Lockscreen: Twice now I've accidentally hit "not a fan" on the lockscreen. Is there any way to reset the lockscreen to get those images back? I know how to download them as .jpg, but I don't want them just sitting on my HDD, I want them back in rotation on the lockscreen. Is there a way...
  9. Accidentally Clicked "Not a Fan" on Lockscreen

Accidentally Clicked "Not a Fan" on Lockscreen: Twice now I've accidentally hit "not a fan" on the lockscreen. Is there any way to reset the lockscreen to get those images back? I know how to download them as .jpg, but I don't want them just sitting on my HDD, I want them back in rotation on the lockscreen. Is there a way...
  10. Accidentally Clicked "Not a Fan" on Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization