Windows 10: PC makes USB connect/disconnect sound and monitor flashes on and off.

Discus and support PC makes USB connect/disconnect sound and monitor flashes on and off. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently connected a Samsung TV to use as a separate monitor (NU6900 model) other then my dell monitor (S2716DGR model) and now every now and then my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Codds2, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Codds2 Win User

PC makes USB connect/disconnect sound and monitor flashes on and off.

I recently connected a Samsung TV to use as a separate monitor (NU6900 model) other then my dell monitor (S2716DGR model) and now every now and then my PC will make the USB connect/disconnect noise and flicker off and on again. I have tried removing devices in device manager and I checked all the cords to make sure none are weak. I cant find any help for this anywhere can someone help me?

:)

Codds2, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

connect/disconnect sounds

Hi,

The issue with connect/disconnect sounds could be due to the following:

• USB hub problem.
    • Loose mouse, keyboard, monitor or USB connector
    • Outdated software drivers
    • Sound settings

We would like to know more information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you checked if your devices are plugged/connected properly to your computer?
    • Is the issue happening when playing an specific game only?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 28, 2019
  3. USB CONNECT/DISCONNECT SOUND

Hello guys, i use an hp i5 pro book laptop, model G450.

Problem is, it makes a usb connect/disconnect sound every time it gets a slight shake or call it disturbance from its position and as the sound plays, the screen blinks too.

I searched for online solutions and did the following but still the problem has persisted

• I updated all the drivers
    • I checked the sound settings "event programs" and its only the "device connect" and "device disconnect" which are assigned to this sound.
    • I tried monitoring the device manager and nothing is displayed as this annoying sound plays
    Some one told me that it could be a VGA port issue but i don't know what i can really do if it's the actual problem.

Please help me, my laptop is not even 5 months old.

Nicholas-mukaaya, Aug 28, 2019
  4. TheCROW Win User

USB Connect/Disconnect Sound

Hello All,
    I just built a new system last week and everything is working correctly with the recent drivers and all.
    I'm having a problem with the USB Connect/Disconnect sound, it's not coming up when I connect or disconnect a USB flash Drive or HDD. Everything else is working correctly including sound in all apps and games.
    Worth to mention that in the first couple of days after the build, the connect/disconnect sound was working as it should.
    I've had this issue with my previous system as well.
    My Windows 10 version is 1709 (16299.371) I guess some update messed with the USB sound.
    Any way to resolve this?
    Thank you kindly.

TheCROW, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. PC makes USB connect/disconnect sound and monitor flashes on and off. - Similar Threads - makes USB connect

2. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  3. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  4. my pc thinks i have 2 monitors and it keeps making usb connect/disconnect sound

my pc thinks i have 2 monitors and it keeps making usb connect/disconnect sound: hello, i got this message:DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1a8Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  5. my pc thinks i have 2 monitors and it keeps making usb connect/disconnect sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc thinks i have 2 monitors and it keeps making usb connect/disconnect sound: hello, i got this message:DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1a8Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  6. my pc makes think i have 2 monitors and makes usb disconnect sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc makes think i have 2 monitors and makes usb disconnect sound: it's just happened yesterday, my pc think i have 2 monitors and sometimes 1 monitor with usb disconnect sound. When i boot the pc it's working just fine, but after a while my pc freeze for a sec and my mouse cursor gone with a sound of usb connecting. When i check the display...
  7. my pc makes think i have 2 monitors and makes usb disconnect sound

my pc makes think i have 2 monitors and makes usb disconnect sound: it's just happened yesterday, my pc think i have 2 monitors and sometimes 1 monitor with usb disconnect sound. When i boot the pc it's working just fine, but after a while my pc freeze for a sec and my mouse cursor gone with a sound of usb connecting. When i check the display...
  8. my pc makes think i have 2 monitors and makes usb disconnect sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...
  10. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 device connected sound and monitor blinking

2. windows display flickering and disconnecting noise

3. pc usb disconnect noise then wont boot