Windows 10: PC making a noise as if something trying to connect and disconnect

Discus and support PC making a noise as if something trying to connect and disconnect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has been an ongoing problem for over a month. Ive tried going into device manager and event viewer to try and fix the problem and nothing works. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristinaDeWitt, Oct 10, 2019.

1. PC making a noise as if something trying to connect and disconnect

This has been an ongoing problem for over a month. Ive tried going into device manager and event viewer to try and fix the problem and nothing works. I don't know what's causing this issue. The noise happens intermittently if its in sleep mode or awake but doesn't happen when I'm active on it.

:)

ChristinaDeWitt, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

connect/disconnect sounds

Thank you for the information.

If the connect/disconnect sounds is only happening when playing an specific game, It might be a game app or a driver issue. we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the problem persists. Check the steps provided below:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System on the Settings menu.
    • Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
    • Select an app you wish to uninstall.
    • Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Make sure also that your device software drivers are updated.

Post back with the result.

Remon Ont, Oct 10, 2019
  3. jhsurti Win User
    Connect and Disconnect internet

As I said before I don't have any connectivity problems at all! It is simply that I don't have the "connect" button on clicking the network icon is system tray. When I click on this icon, I get my service provider's name "YOU Broadband". No "connect" button. In Windows 8 there used to be a "connect" button with it and clicking it would connect immediately. In Windows 10, I have to click on the "YOU Broadband" option and it opens the Dial-up tab/PPPoE in Control panel and I find YOU Broadband listed there and then find the Connect button there and I have to click on that and connection is immediately made. No issue. So I don't think there is any adapter issue. To disconnect, I have to go through all these steps again!*Mad. It is frustrating. Why did Windows 10 have to make this complicated instead of simplifying it?

Or can someone suggest if I can make a shortcut with connect button which doesn't make me go through so many clicks?

jhsurti, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Codds2 Win User

PC making a noise as if something trying to connect and disconnect

PC makes USB connect/disconnect sound and monitor flashes on and off.

I recently connected a Samsung TV to use as a separate monitor (NU6900 model) other then my dell monitor (S2716DGR model) and now every now and then my PC will make the USB connect/disconnect noise and flicker off and on again. I have tried removing devices
    in device manager and I checked all the cords to make sure none are weak. I cant find any help for this anywhere can someone help me?

Codds2, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

PC making a noise as if something trying to connect and disconnect

1. PC making a noise as if something trying to connect and disconnect - Similar Threads - making noise something

2. Ion my pc I disabled something to make it faster. Now I can my connectivity is disconnected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ion my pc I disabled something to make it faster. Now I can my connectivity is disconnected.: Connectivity is disconnected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ion-my-pc-i-disabled-something-to-make-it-faster/58044054-2d84-4583-b6a9-d0db754131ff
  3. Ion my pc I disabled something to make it faster. Now I can my connectivity is disconnected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ion my pc I disabled something to make it faster. Now I can my connectivity is disconnected.: Connectivity is disconnected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ion-my-pc-i-disabled-something-to-make-it-faster/58044054-2d84-4583-b6a9-d0db754131ff
  4. Pc makes Connect and disconnect noise Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc makes Connect and disconnect noise Windows 11: Hi i have a laptop and i have attendes to Microsoft support but that didnt fix it later i reset the pc the issue is still happenong can someone help me...
  5. Pc makes Connect and disconnect noise Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc makes Connect and disconnect noise Windows 11: Hi i have a laptop and i have attendes to Microsoft support but that didnt fix it later i reset the pc the issue is still happenong can someone help me...
  6. PC makes beeping noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC makes beeping noise: pc making periodic beeping noise for no apparent reason. Two tones, one higher than other, followed shortly after by same two tones in reverse order, lower then higher. Does this consistently, with a minute or so before tones are repeated. Never did this before. Using HP...
  7. PC makes beeping noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC makes beeping noise: pc making periodic beeping noise for no apparent reason. Two tones, one higher than other, followed shortly after by same two tones in reverse order, lower then higher. Does this consistently, with a minute or so before tones are repeated. Never did this before. Using HP...
  8. PC making windows noise after connecting a second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC making windows noise after connecting a second monitor: hi, i have recently set my pc up with a second monitor using HDMI. for some reason my computer now randomly makes a windows noise. its not the usb connecting/disconnecting noise its like a chime for a few seconds. i have no clue how to fix this, any help is greatly...
  9. PC keep making annoying noise

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC keep making annoying noise: My PC beep with a single Ctrl+Shift combo and i tried everything they say on google like unboxing everything in "make keyboard easier to use" in control panel but it still makes that annoying noise....
  10. My PC is making crackling noises!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC is making crackling noises!: My PC is making crackling noises, at first I was freaked out, but I figured out a trick that will stop it for a day or 2, but that stopped working. I've had this PC for a little over a year now, I don't want to buy a new one cause my dad bought me this and he said not to ruin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. modem making a noise like its trying to connect to something