Windows 10: PC making windows noise after connecting a second monitor

Discus and support PC making windows noise after connecting a second monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi, i have recently set my pc up with a second monitor using HDMI. for some reason my computer now randomly makes a windows noise. its not the usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yungorla, Sep 4, 2020.

1. yungorla Win User

PC making windows noise after connecting a second monitor

hi, i have recently set my pc up with a second monitor using HDMI. for some reason my computer now randomly makes a windows noise. its not the usb connecting/disconnecting noise its like a chime for a few seconds. i have no clue how to fix this, any help is greatly appreciated

:)

yungorla, Sep 4, 2020

2. windows Can't detect my second monitor

Hi Max,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

I will certainly help you to resolve the issue.

• What happens when you try to connect the second monitor?

• Do you receive any error code/message?

• Have you tried to connect the second monitor on a different port?
    I suggest you to connect second display using a different port available on your PC and check if the second display works. If second display works in other port, then the possible cause for this issue may be discrete video card driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Update the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the video driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Also, see:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 4, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Sep 4, 2020
  4. PC making windows noise after connecting a second monitor

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

PC making windows noise after connecting a second monitor

1. PC making windows noise after connecting a second monitor - Similar Threads - making noise connecting

2. Pc makes Connect and disconnect noise Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc makes Connect and disconnect noise Windows 11: Hi i have a laptop and i have attendes to Microsoft support but that didnt fix it later i reset the pc the issue is still happenong can someone help me...
  3. Pc makes Connect and disconnect noise Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc makes Connect and disconnect noise Windows 11: Hi i have a laptop and i have attendes to Microsoft support but that didnt fix it later i reset the pc the issue is still happenong can someone help me...
  4. PC makes beeping noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC makes beeping noise: pc making periodic beeping noise for no apparent reason. Two tones, one higher than other, followed shortly after by same two tones in reverse order, lower then higher. Does this consistently, with a minute or so before tones are repeated. Never did this before. Using HP...
  5. PC makes beeping noise

PC makes beeping noise: pc making periodic beeping noise for no apparent reason. Two tones, one higher than other, followed shortly after by same two tones in reverse order, lower then higher. Does this consistently, with a minute or so before tones are repeated. Never did this before. Using HP...
  6. My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC: My updates are not updating for windows and this is causing my 2nd monitor to not connect to my PC. Ive tried to get a hold of an agent and no reply and nothing has worked....
  7. My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC

My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC: My updates are not updating for windows and this is causing my 2nd monitor to not connect to my PC. Ive tried to get a hold of an agent and no reply and nothing has worked....
  8. My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. PC making a noise as if something trying to connect and disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC making a noise as if something trying to connect and disconnect: This has been an ongoing problem for over a month. Ive tried going into device manager and event viewer to try and fix the problem and nothing works. I don't know what's causing this issue. The noise happens intermittently if its in sleep mode or awake but doesn't happen when...
  10. Connect second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect second monitor: Dear Admin, I can't connect my second monitor on windows 10. could you please help me? thank you Best Regards, Giovanni https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/connect-second-monitor/0991fb4a-7a2c-496b-ac11-7b06a587f170