Windows 10: PC malfunction after update

Discus and support PC malfunction after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just a few days ago when I updated my Windows a minor update after the 20H2 update my pc stopped functioning properly, some of my apps wouldn't open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Noah Young3, Dec 15, 2020.

1. PC malfunction after update

Just a few days ago when I updated my Windows a minor update after the 20H2 update my pc stopped functioning properly, some of my apps wouldn't open and when I tried reinstalling, the installer wouldn't run or after opening it would show loading or it just wouldn't respond, then sometimes my start menu wouldn't open up or groove music or video player and I'd have to restart my pc. My microsoft store apps also stopped working properly. I tried to reset my pc by downloading the media creation tool and creating iso file and resetting my pc but the installation freezes at 48% and I'd force shut down my pc and Windows would set everything back to the way it was before, this issue is really bad, please advice what to do.

Thanks.

:)

Noah Young3, Dec 15, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 15, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC malfunction after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 15, 2020
  4. PC malfunction after update

Lenovo Erazer X315 desktop PC running WIN 10 Home will reboot on its own

Hi Manny,

This is a common concern when
    a PC is overheating, infected by a malware,
    installing Windows updates,
    conflict in system the files, hardware malfunction and such. For us to determine what's causing this concern, please provide information on the following:

• Your Windows 10 Version and OS build. (Start > Settings > System > About).
    • Is the reboot happening intermittently?
    • Tell us any troubleshooting steps that you've done for us to avoid repeating the steps.

For now, we suggest updating your drivers from your manufacturer's website and check if your system is tested with Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

All the best.

Roberto Ven, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

PC malfunction after update

1. PC malfunction after update - Similar Threads - malfunction update

2. Why did Win Update cause Alexa app for PC to malfunction?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Win Update cause Alexa app for PC to malfunction?: I was using the Amazon Alexa app on my PC for over a year without any issues.I was first using it on windows 10 and then I 'upgraded' joke!! to windows 11 and it still worked fine for months.Then, suddenly, in early December, a windows 11 update occurred and now I cannot...
  3. Why did Win Update cause Alexa app for PC to malfunction?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Win Update cause Alexa app for PC to malfunction?: I was using the Amazon Alexa app on my PC for over a year without any issues.I was first using it on windows 10 and then I 'upgraded' joke!! to windows 11 and it still worked fine for months.Then, suddenly, in early December, a windows 11 update occurred and now I cannot...
  4. How to fix windows malfunctioning after a windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix windows malfunctioning after a windows update?: I have now been struggling for weeks with an issue that occurred to my pc after a windows update. I can still open the settings but i can no longer use most of its features and when i try to, the whole settings app closes up, same thing with my windows search bar, it closes...
  5. How to fix windows malfunctioning after a windows update?

How to fix windows malfunctioning after a windows update?: I have now been struggling for weeks with an issue that occurred to my pc after a windows update. I can still open the settings but i can no longer use most of its features and when i try to, the whole settings app closes up, same thing with my windows search bar, it closes...
  6. How to fix windows malfunctioning after a windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 11 update malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update malfunctioned: I recently update my machine, after it took ~1h, it frozen at a blank screen so I had to perform a hard restart. Since then it stucks at the black screen of Undoing changes made to your computer, and I could not go to recovery mode cause whenever it says entering recovery...
  8. Windows 11 update malfunctioned

Windows 11 update malfunctioned: I recently update my machine, after it took ~1h, it frozen at a blank screen so I had to perform a hard restart. Since then it stucks at the black screen of Undoing changes made to your computer, and I could not go to recovery mode cause whenever it says entering recovery...
  9. Wireless keyboard malfunction driver problem after latest win10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless keyboard malfunction driver problem after latest win10 update: Hello,On Win 10 after latest update my wireless small keyboard sbox, link https://sbox.biz/keyboards/bluetooth-keyboard-sbox-bt-05 is having malfunctions, meaning 99% of keys working as they should, but spacebar being weird first additional zero with every space, then insert...
  10. Wireless keyboard malfunction driver problem after latest win10 update

Wireless keyboard malfunction driver problem after latest win10 update: Hello,On Win 10 after latest update my wireless small keyboard sbox, link https://sbox.biz/keyboards/bluetooth-keyboard-sbox-bt-05 is having malfunctions, meaning 99% of keys working as they should, but spacebar being weird first additional zero with every space, then insert...