Windows 10: PC Manager App

Discus and support PC Manager App in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way to get the PC Manager app to stop making a desktop shortcut every time it updates? This is the only app/program that does this on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Axiarus, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Axiarus Win User

PC Manager App

Is there any way to get the PC Manager app to stop making a desktop shortcut every time it updates? This is the only app/program that does this on my PC out of hundreds.

:)

Axiarus, Mar 19, 2024

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Mar 19, 2024
  3. Microsoft PC Manager

In this guide, i will take you through the steps to download Microsoft PC Manager, along with my initial impression of the app.

FreeBooter, Mar 19, 2024
  4. PC Manager App

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

PC Manager App

1. PC Manager App - Similar Threads - Manager App

2. My desktop is flickering every second, can't access any apps other than the Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My desktop is flickering every second, can't access any apps other than the Task Manager: For context: I tried to launch a game Valorant, which has the Vanguard anti-cheat system. The game did not boot correctly, so I restarted my PC.When I logged in after the restart, the desktop screen began flickering/flashing every second. It's as if I am logging back in every...
  3. App is only opening as a background process instead of an App in the task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App is only opening as a background process instead of an App in the task manager: App is only opening as a background process instead of an App in the task managerI am running into an issue where an app on my computer won't open at all. When you go to run the application, it shows up in the task manager as a background process but not an App which is not...
  4. App is only opening as a background process instead of an App in the task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App is only opening as a background process instead of an App in the task manager: App is only opening as a background process instead of an App in the task managerI am running into an issue where an app on my computer won't open at all. When you go to run the application, it shows up in the task manager as a background process but not an App which is not...
  5. Why my app setting doesn’t have the option to manage app recommendation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my app setting doesn’t have the option to manage app recommendation: Why my app setting doesn’t have the option to manage app recommendation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-app-setting-doesnt-have-the-option-to/f43d3dd1-b19c-4c38-94c2-b280df1a4419
  6. Why my app setting doesn’t have the option to manage app recommendation

Why my app setting doesn’t have the option to manage app recommendation: Why my app setting doesn’t have the option to manage app recommendation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-app-setting-doesnt-have-the-option-to/f43d3dd1-b19c-4c38-94c2-b280df1a4419
  7. How to manage apps that add themselves to the startup list and then block sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to manage apps that add themselves to the startup list and then block sleep.: I have a Windows 11 system that forgets how to sleep or restart. As i have done everything including restarting the operating system to fix this, the solution seems to be some apps that add themselves to the list of startup programs and then are difficult to unload. I had...
  8. How to manage apps that add themselves to the startup list and then block sleep.

How to manage apps that add themselves to the startup list and then block sleep.: I have a Windows 11 system that forgets how to sleep or restart. As i have done everything including restarting the operating system to fix this, the solution seems to be some apps that add themselves to the list of startup programs and then are difficult to unload. I had...
  9. For some reason I can’t open any app, task manager and setting in the window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For some reason I can’t open any app, task manager and setting in the window: I never encounter this, window won’t let me open the setting, it crashes immediately. I try to open cmd it also won’t let me, same as the task manager . Everything is broken. I tried to reset to factory setting but it won’t let me because I can’t open task manager or the...
  10. For some reason I can’t open any app, task manager and setting in the window

For some reason I can’t open any app, task manager and setting in the window: I never encounter this, window won’t let me open the setting, it crashes immediately. I try to open cmd it also won’t let me, same as the task manager . Everything is broken. I tried to reset to factory setting but it won’t let me because I can’t open task manager or the...