Windows 10: PC merged & replicated? user folders. Am I in trouble?

Discus and support PC merged & replicated? user folders. Am I in trouble? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I was trying to send my User profile's documents, videos etc.. to another drive to free up space through the "Locations" tab under properties.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ElephantRock, Sep 11, 2021.

1. PC merged & replicated? user folders. Am I in trouble?

Hello. I was trying to send my User profile's documents, videos etc.. to another drive to free up space through the "Locations" tab under properties. Something has still gone wrong. I now have two F drives each with the same contents, and by the picture it seems my videos folder has been linked somehow. There was no warning that this would be the result so I’m not sure why this happened. Is it possible for me to fix this? If not, it’s not the end of the world for me to have this glitch, but has the computer been corrupted or damaged?Here is what the F drives look like-

:)

ElephantRock, Sep 11, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Users folder merged with pictures

Hi Fafa

Rather than your Pictures folder becoming merged with your User folder, it seems your user folder is corrupted . . .

Restart (not shut down) your PC 4 times, each time let your PC get to the Desktop before the next restart, this will fix this issue a lot of the time . . .

DaveM121, Sep 11, 2021
  3. Desktop and user folder merging

Hi,

There are different ways for you to recover the previous folder settings on your computer. One of these is by following the steps below to organize and relocate your desktop or user folder.

• Press Windows key + E to launch File Explorer.
    • Right-click on the special folder that you want to restore (Desktop).
    • Then select Properties.
    • Navigate to the Location tab.
    • Click Restore Default.
    • Then click Apply to save the changes.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Sep 11, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

PC merged & replicated? user folders. Am I in trouble?

Merge Document Folders

Perhaps they 'relocated' the user folders to the E:\ drive so that the main drive would then be clear for reinstalling the OS.

I'll be ready for your questions about the additional steps in post #11 and your backup planning.

Denis

Thema:

PC merged & replicated? user folders. Am I in trouble?

1. PC merged & replicated? user folders. Am I in trouble? - Similar Threads - merged replicated user

2. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder: hello, I was moving my user folder from my SSD to my HDD, I first started with the desktop folder but decided to move it back, I ended up merging my user and desktop file.i Have tried to follow the answer to this question, but it didn't work:...
  3. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder: hello, I was moving my user folder from my SSD to my HDD, I first started with the desktop folder but decided to move it back, I ended up merging my user and desktop file.i Have tried to follow the answer to this question, but it didn't work:...
  4. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Merged User folder and Download folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merged User folder and Download folder: What I did is i merged my download folder with my hp folderI decided to move my download folder from c to d drive so i did that later i decided to move it back to its orignal place but i accidently merged them. After seeing from many web site and youtube they said me that in...
  6. PC merged & replicated? important data folders, need help fixing..

PC merged & replicated? important data folders, need help fixing..: Hello. I was trying to send my User profile's documents, videos etc.. to another drive to free up space through the "Locations" tab under properties. Something has still gone wrong. I now have two F drives each with the same contents, and by the picture it seems my videos...
  7. Users folder merged with pictures

Users folder merged with pictures: Hello, so the other day I was trying to move some folders from my SSD to my HDD, and in the process I somehow merged the users folder with my Pictures folder, I was wondering if there is any way I can get this fixed by myself or will I have to hire someone with experience to...
  8. Merged Downloads Folder with Users Folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merged Downloads Folder with Users Folder.: So I accidentally merged the Downloads folder with my Users folder. I've tried the registry fix to no avail. I don't really want to do a fresh install but it appears I may have to. Any help? Thanks submitted by /u/IrishDejent [link] [comments]...
  9. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder: Hello. I'm reposting this because last time I posted this, I got a reply, but no complete answer. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder...
  10. I accidentally merged my Users folder with Desktop Folder

I accidentally merged my Users folder with Desktop Folder: Hello! I recently got a new computer and I was moving most of my Users files from my SSD to my HDD but I wanted my Desktop file to be on my SSD. So I proceeded to moving it back to the SSD Users file, but I forgot to create a subfolder for my desktop, so I ended up merging my...