Windows 10: PC might think it's a laptop

Discus and support PC might think it's a laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently built a new PC, and decided to reuse a hard drive from my dad's old dell laptop. When I installed windows (To a different drive) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XXX-Big-PP-Man-XXX, May 26, 2020.

1. PC might think it's a laptop

So I recently built a new PC, and decided to reuse a hard drive from my dad's old dell laptop. When I installed windows (To a different drive) I noticed there were a lot of weird Dell partitions along with the drives I had installed. I formatted the reused drive, and deleted the partitions. So far I haven't seen any Dell things pop up, so I think I'm good in that department. But in my windows power settings, it has options meant to save laptop's battery, like the power slider. There isn't a battery icon in the toolbar, I don't see a battery in device manager, and my PC correctly labeled itself as a desktop. Can this negatively impact my PC? Can you give me any advice on what to do or how to fix it? Thanks

submitted by /u/XXX-Big-PP-Man-XXX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XXX-Big-PP-Man-XXX, May 26, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 26, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 26, 2020
  4. YOU
    You Win User

PC might think it's a laptop

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • PC might think it's a laptop [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

PC might think it's a laptop

1. PC might think it's a laptop - Similar Threads - might laptop

2. My apps on laptop doesn't display on our tv screen. It might possible it got locked by our...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My apps on laptop doesn't display on our tv screen. It might possible it got locked by our...: My apps on laptop doesn't display on our tv screen. It might possible it got locked by our niece. May I know the keys/command again to use to display the apps on tv?...
  3. My apps on laptop doesn't display on our tv screen. It might possible it got locked by our...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My apps on laptop doesn't display on our tv screen. It might possible it got locked by our...: My apps on laptop doesn't display on our tv screen. It might possible it got locked by our niece. May I know the keys/command again to use to display the apps on tv?...
  4. My apps on laptop doesn't display on our tv screen. It might possible it got locked by our...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is this a windows bug or it might be my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a windows bug or it might be my laptop?: Sorry if this is a stupid question, but idk where to ask I got two new laptops today for me and my sister and i had the option to pick if i want the window installed or not. I’m not really the most tech savvy person so I obviously picked yes and they decided to install...
  6. Hello I might have made a grave error by deciding to attempt to reset my HP laptop can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I might have made a grave error by deciding to attempt to reset my HP laptop can't...: So I decided to reset this laptop by doing power and shift, going to troubleshoot to do this, and apparently it did somehow do a reset from when I saw the usual screen when you boot it up, but when I checked the log in screen it shown the account, said set up pin, then that...
  7. Hello I might have made a grave error by deciding to attempt to reset my HP laptop can't...

Hello I might have made a grave error by deciding to attempt to reset my HP laptop can't...: So I decided to reset this laptop by doing power and shift, going to troubleshoot to do this, and apparently it did somehow do a reset but when I checked the log in screen it shown the account, said set up pin, then that the user profile can not be loaded, any way I can fix...
  8. I think I might have fraud on my windows laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I might have fraud on my windows laptop: My coworker's laptop locked. It has a suspicious phone number and message. We don't believe it is Micorsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-might-have-fraud-on-my-windows-laptop/193285cc-1ded-4a1b-8ef9-45a4cb46d84c
  9. I think I might have fraud on my windows laptop

I think I might have fraud on my windows laptop: My coworker's laptop locked. It has a suspicious phone number and message. We don't believe it is Micorsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-might-have-fraud-on-my-windows-laptop/193285cc-1ded-4a1b-8ef9-45a4cb46d84c
  10. do you know why wacom intuos 3 tablet might work on an hp pavilion 15 but not hp laptop 17...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    do you know why wacom intuos 3 tablet might work on an hp pavilion 15 but not hp laptop 17...: i got in touch with wacom, and they said it might not be compatible. the fact is that upon setting up the hp laptop 17, the latest driver did not first show it was installed. then i uninstalled every trace, then reinstalled it. it started working for a few days, then it...