Windows 10: PC mods

Discus and support PC mods in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I know modding on console gets you banned but what about on PC? If I get a game like fallout 3 from the Microsoft store on PC would I be allowed to mod... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tachuckle, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Tachuckle Win User

PC mods

I know modding on console gets you banned but what about on PC? If I get a game like fallout 3 from the Microsoft store on PC would I be allowed to mod it the same as if I bought it on steam.

:)

Tachuckle, Oct 17, 2019

2. X800 GTO² to X850 XT BIOS Mod

powercolor x800gto

Is it possible to do the modding from the article here step by step with this card and have it work?
    It's not sapphire and it isn't named gto2.

Any suggestions?

I surely hope so because I just ordered the Powercolor x800gto !

cheers
    Michael

Unregistered, Oct 17, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 17, 2019
  4. James_573 Win User

PC mods

Problem with .mod files on Windows 10

The article you suggest states that .MOD will work with various versions of Windows OS, but Windows 10 is not one of them. All other posts I can find has Microsoft suggesting I go find a third party (unverified) to download CODEC files to try and play my
    home videos with warnings and disclaimers that it may break my system or make it unstable.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Attempt to play a .MOD video file in Windows 10

2. Using Windows Live Movie Maker or Windows Media Player (does not seem to matter what version)

3. Immediate message that the 'program has stopped working and windows will notify me if a solution is found'.

If windows cannot fix this, then please suggest your top competitor that can.

Regretfully,

James

James_573, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

PC mods

1. PC mods - Similar Threads - mods

2. modded minecraft keeps crashing and i want to know what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    modded minecraft keeps crashing and i want to know what to do: here's the crash report:https://drive.google.com/file/d/12wlgWo8UdXvloKbs8OfUXzl1vhTmxrtV/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modded-minecraft-keeps-crashing-and-i-want-to-know/2f99393c-9e25-4114-adc5-61c30d9de996
  3. modded minecraft keeps crashing and i want to know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    modded minecraft keeps crashing and i want to know what to do: here's the crash report:https://drive.google.com/file/d/12wlgWo8UdXvloKbs8OfUXzl1vhTmxrtV/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modded-minecraft-keeps-crashing-and-i-want-to-know/2f99393c-9e25-4114-adc5-61c30d9de996
  4. Snipping Tool - Great mods now & soon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool - Great mods now & soon: Personally, I am so anxious for these items to be in Win11 'Public'. 1. Take a new photo with a Mobile Device and it will show a notification of it on the PC. I have tried this and very cool.Click on this and it puts it in Snipping Tool... to do whatever one wants to it or...
  5. Snipping Tool - Great mods now & soon

Snipping Tool - Great mods now & soon: Personally, I am so anxious for these items to be in Win11 'Public'. 1. Take a new photo with a Mobile Device and it will show a notification of it on the PC. I have tried this and very cool.Click on this and it puts it in Snipping Tool... to do whatever one wants to it or...
  6. Modded minecraft not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modded minecraft not working.: Minecraft was working fine, fps was good even with shaders. There was no issues until today. I tried to launch the game but it would be stuck on the minecraft loading screen and everytime the loading bar would finish, it will come back to 90% completion and it never ends even...
  7. Modded minecraft not working.

Modded minecraft not working.: Minecraft was working fine, fps was good even with shaders. There was no issues until today. I tried to launch the game but it would be stuck on the minecraft loading screen and everytime the loading bar would finish, it will come back to 90% completion and it never ends even...
  8. Need to contact @Alexandr_Smirnoff mod from the forum, dont know any other ways

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to contact @Alexandr_Smirnoff mod from the forum, dont know any other ways: Senserely appologise for this offtopic thread, but its related about my main account staying here because of that guy, since there is literally no other contact details unless im missing something, i have no idea what else can i do, but to make this thread.Я могу запустить...
  9. Need to contact @Alexandr_Smirnoff mod from the forum, dont know any other ways

Need to contact @Alexandr_Smirnoff mod from the forum, dont know any other ways: Senserely appologise for this offtopic thread, but its related about my main account staying here because of that guy, since there is literally no other contact details unless im missing something, i have no idea what else can i do, but to make this thread.Я могу запустить...
  10. wont allow me to download creeper overhaul mod pack into minecraft java. it crashes...

wont allow me to download creeper overhaul mod pack into minecraft java. it crashes...: # # Afatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xc0000005 at pc=0x00007ffe02063ca0, pid=15828, tid=11324 # # JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment Microsoft-8035246 17.0.8+7 build 17.0.8+7-LTS # Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit...