Windows 10: pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor

Discus and support pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; new pc, monitor speakers will not make sound. Test runs for specific notification sounds show spike in volume in settings >sound, media player with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by willFC, Aug 15, 2020.

1. willFC Win User

pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor

new pc, monitor speakers will not make sound. Test runs for specific notification sounds show spike in volume in settings >sound, media player with audio cd will not sound, all troubleshooting processes didn't fix problem. HDMI cable from tower to monitor ok. Speakers present in Acer monitor. No mute engaged. Cant figure out why nothing will sound through speakers. No third device/output engaged. Default sound property configuration changed btw 24 bit and 16 bit CD, nothing. I'm obviously stupid, and the problem is only bc I have no prior experience w pc/monitor install or use.

If you think in the most simplistic terms, I'm sure that'll be the answer. It must be bc I've gone thru troubleshooting programs, all choices under control panel options, all configurations of defaults/properties. But, still the sound will not come out of the speakers.

Please embarrass me by telling me to press the 'on' button !

:)

willFC, Aug 15, 2020

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 15, 2020
  3. New problem with Acer monitor and desktop.

For the past 2 days, my mom's Acer desktop that is listed in my specs is having issues with the monitor not waking up and the tower not entering into sleep mode. It's almost like it's getting stuck. I hope someone can help. Thanks!

Jesse Williams, Aug 15, 2020
  4. pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor

How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC

I have a notebook DELL Inspiron 5567 and the second monitor Acer AL2216W connected to the notebook through VGA cable and VGA-HDMI adapter . Before yesterday, I used both monitors simultaneously. After yesterday's windows update 1709, I can use only one
    monitor: either built-in monitor of my notebook or Acer monitor; options extend or duplicate are not working - on Acer monitor I have a message "input not supported". I have another stand-alone Dell monitor and I connect it to the notebook instead of Acer
    monitor to check if the cable and adapter. That Dell monitor is working properly, however I prefer the Acer monitor since the last one is bigger. I thought that transmission of sound signal through VGA cable VGA-HDMI adapter to the Acer monitor could be a
    problem (sound used to disappear earlier when I attached VGA-cable-VGA-HDMI adapter to the Acer monitor, and I found out in Sound Control Panel that Acer monitor is considered in the panel as a sound device ) and I disabled Acer monitor in Sound Control Panel.
    I checked all drivers in DeviceManager, checked corresponding web sites,

let a Dell representative to connect to my computer for checking settings - all in vain...

At the same time, Lenovo B575 notebook works with Acer AL2216W monitor properly after windows update 1709.

YegorIsakov, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor

1. pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor - Similar Threads - monitor sound working

2. Pc Acer Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Acer Monitor: Hi, My name is Tobi Castro and i am need of a help My Pc Monitor Acer has been running some difficulties with the screen because its been causing a black screen too so i need your help if you would please? Can you tell me how do i fix the Pc monitor Acer i really need help...
  3. Pc Acer Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Acer Monitor: Hi, My name is Tobi Castro and i am need of a help My Pc Monitor Acer has been running some difficulties with the screen because its been causing a black screen too so i need your help if you would please? Can you tell me how do i fix the Pc monitor Acer i really need help...
  4. ACER monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACER monitors: are ACER monitors compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-monitors/dcbc8f71-185a-49b7-9435-d029ea9b7879
  5. ACER monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACER monitors: are ACER monitors compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-monitors/dcbc8f71-185a-49b7-9435-d029ea9b7879
  6. Acer Monitor works on linux but not on Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer Monitor works on linux but not on Windows: I have a similar problem to the one here but my monitor is Acer 120 Hz 27" display.It is a weird problem:I have a dual boot system on my HP laptop, linux ubuntu 20.04 and windows 10I use my laptop screen and an Acer external monitor and everything was fine until couple of...
  7. monitor sound is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor sound is not working: Hi, I have Surface Pro 7 and I have monitor with speakers, I have connected the monitor to Surface Doc 2 via USB-C to HDMI cable and the sound on the monitor is not working, I try to connect directly to Surface Pro 7 without the docking station but still no sound, I try...
  8. Acer monitor with no sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Acer monitor with no sound: Hi, say my last desktop died and the monitor speaker were working well even the volume app had monitor # KG221Q on it to read. Now, all I get with the new desktop is realtek or digital .Checked HDMI cable, Good. So how am I to get my AMD sound back with KG221Q on lower right...
  9. Monitor Sound Not Working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Sound Not Working?: monitor sound. I wont be installing GTX 1060 until later today but I have install my new ASUS 28 inch PB287Q monitor. I wanted to try out the built in speakers and control panel/sound shows software 'ready' when I defaulted it but no sound through speakers, even on 'test'....
  10. Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly: My grandmother's Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop PC is not coming out of sleep mode correctly. It's either the monitor is going bad, or the tower and monitor aren't wanting to communicate with each other. Please help, ASAP! Thanks! *Smile 95365