Windows 10: PC Monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly

Discus and support PC Monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If your PC monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly, you can follow these solutions to get rid of this problem. There could be various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 10, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

PC Monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly

PC Monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly pc-monitor-turns-off-after-few-minutes.jpg
    If your PC monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly, you can follow these solutions to get rid of this problem. There could be various reasons why your computer monitor turns off automatically after a few minutes. Here we have explained some of the common causes and solutions so that you can troubleshoot the […]

This article PC Monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 10, 2022

2. Monitor randomly turning on

I've only had this issue since installing Win10, did not have this issue with 7 or 8. I have the monitor set to turn off either after 10 minutes of idle, or 1 minute after locking the computer. With 7 and 8, it stayed off until I woke it with the keyboard or mouse. With 10, it's randomly turning on on its own (for about 1 minute, then turns off again).

Powercfg -lastwake shows nothing. I checked event viewer, nothing in either system or application. HOWEVER, if I go to security, there are "Microsoft Windows security aduditing" entries that match EXACTLY the times that the monitor turned on. Is there anything I can do about this? Last night it pissed me off so much that I just yanked the power cord out of the computer.

Akaihiryuu, May 10, 2022
  3. Dual Monitors randomly turning off then on

So i have a user using a Dell Optiplex 7040 on Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit OS. The user complained of her 2 monitors turning off then off randomly while she was working. When the monitors would come back up, all her icons would be rearranged either all
    on one monitor or the other. The 2 monitors she had were rather old and were both using a display port to VGA adapter. I decided to just replace both monitors with 2 brand new Dell P2217H monitors. These monitors had a display port so there was no need for
    adapters any more. I went to check on the user to make sure everything was good and she said it was better. She said that while the monitors still turn off briefly from time to time, her icons no longer are rearranged. I got on her PC and made sure that both
    video drivers are updated, which they were. Basically the same issue is happening, on 2 totally different monitors, so this tells me its the PC, but what? Drivers are updated, the cables are new, and the problem intermittently. Sometimes just the right monitor
    will turn off and the left will stay on, and other times the left monitors turns off and the right stays on. Never together. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

VernonButler, May 10, 2022
  4. PC Monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly

PC Monitor turns off randomly?

Yep - hence the suggestion earlier to try a different monitor to rule that possibility out. That said, most monitors sold in recent years (even budget monitors) use LED backlighting - which are much more reliable than CCFL/inverter backlighting.

Bill_Bright, May 10, 2022
Thema:

PC Monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly

1. PC Monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly - Similar Threads - Monitor turns off

2. Internet turning on and off every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet turning on and off every few minutes: Hi.I have this annoying problem that's been going on for the past 2 weeks. The internet on my laptop keeps turning on and off every few minutes, it's weird because the internet works perfectly fine on my other devices that are connected with the same router. What should I do...
  3. Internet turning on and off every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet turning on and off every few minutes: Hi.I have this annoying problem that's been going on for the past 2 weeks. The internet on my laptop keeps turning on and off every few minutes, it's weird because the internet works perfectly fine on my other devices that are connected with the same router. What should I do...
  4. Internet turning on and off every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Monitor turning on and off randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turning on and off randomly: Ive got 2 monitors, and a gpu thats about a year old, but every so often, the right monitor goes blank and comes back on. This is mostly shown during games, but sometimes during normal use aswell. Sometimes the monitor just completely goes off, but still is registered as I...
  6. Monitor turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off randomly: My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries. Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?! Thank you in advance...
  7. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

in Windows 10 Support
    monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  8. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  9. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...
  10. Computer turns off after only a few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns off after only a few minutes: Ok, i can't for the life of me figure out the problem. I have my settings set to where my PC is not support to go to sleep. All the settings are set to NEVER. Yet, when i'm gone for 5-6 minutes, the computer just shuts down or something. I press buttons on my keyboard and it...