Windows 10: PC monitors go blank after system restore.

Discus and support PC monitors go blank after system restore. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the recent windows 10 update, I was getting an error whenever I tried to log into my PC. "sihost.exe: A hard error has occurred." or something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JessV4, May 14, 2021.

1. JessV4 Win User

PC monitors go blank after system restore.

After the recent windows 10 update, I was getting an error whenever I tried to log into my PC. "sihost.exe: A hard error has occurred." or something along those lines. I was able to boot my PC in safe mode and attempted to do a system restore to before the windows update. After the system restore process my computer just won't turn on. I press the power button and the keyboard/mouse lights up, everything in the PC case lights up, but the monitors don't connect to the PC. They're securely plugged in and they turn on individually. I haven't had any real issues with them in the past. The PC also

:)

JessV4, May 14, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 14, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    System restore.

Hi John

You can only restore a Windows system to a date and time that a restore point was created, those will be listed in that utility, there is no facility to restore to some date of your choosing, if there was no restore point created on that date . .

When you open System Restore are you provided with a list of previously created restore points, or is that blank?

DaveM121, May 14, 2021
  4. PC monitors go blank after system restore.

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, May 14, 2021
Thema:

PC monitors go blank after system restore.

1. PC monitors go blank after system restore. - Similar Threads - monitors blank system

2. System restarts after monitors go to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restarts after monitors go to sleep: Hi there.I have recently been having issues with my system restarting on its own. Usually it is when I am not at the computer. Also sometimes when I go to resume operation and the monitors have turned off they don't come back on and I have to restart computer for it to get...
  3. System restarts after monitors go to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restarts after monitors go to sleep: Hi there.I have recently been having issues with my system restarting on its own. Usually it is when I am not at the computer. Also sometimes when I go to resume operation and the monitors have turned off they don't come back on and I have to restart computer for it to get...
  4. System restore is going wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore is going wrong: I just did a system restore and it looked done to me but I couldnt open any apps or restart my PC so I pulled out the plug to restart it that way, when opening the PC again i got a notification that the restoring failed because i pulled out the plug. It gave me an option to...
  5. System restore is going wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore is going wrong: I just did a system restore and it looked done to me but I couldnt open any apps or restart my PC so I pulled out the plug to restart it that way, when opening the PC again i got a notification that the restoring failed because i pulled out the plug. It gave me an option to...
  6. PC system restoration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC system restoration: So my issue is kind of all over the place. It started when my games were randomly getting tabbed out. I was going through various troubleshooting methods, one of which was updating Windows 10. Upon updating and restarting, I got a message saying that there was a problem with...
  7. PC system restoration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC system restoration: So my issue is kind of all over the place. It started when my games were randomly getting tabbed out. I was going through various troubleshooting methods, one of which was updating Windows 10. Upon updating and restarting, I got a message saying that there was a problem with...
  8. Monitors are blank after wakeup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors are blank after wakeup: When I wake up the system from sleep, the monitors are blank. The keyboard does not show activity - its LED indicators, such as Caps Lock or Num Lock, do not light up when pressing the respective keys. If I soft reset the system, the same thing happens. I have to forcefully...
  9. Monitor going blank while PC running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor going blank while PC running: I have been encountering issues where my monitor suddenly goes blank while I am playing a game or on boot up from Hibernate. I have disabled fast boot and ran check disk and scannow to correct the errors. But the issues still persist with this error log below. Any help will...
  10. Reliability Monitor not working after system image restoration

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reliability Monitor not working after system image restoration: My master boot record was no longer viable so I had to, of necessity, use a system image to restore everything (Windows 10 Pro now at 10586.494) two weeks ago. Since then, the Reliability Monitor has behaved strangely, either showing the blue graph line taking dips and...