Windows 10: PC Motherboard and CPU upgrade. My motherboard isn't recognising windows on my SSD as a...

Discus and support PC Motherboard and CPU upgrade. My motherboard isn't recognising windows on my SSD as a... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I tried to upgrade my motherboard and CPU. It was able to turn on but it didn't recognize my SSD as a boot option. I tried downloading windows on a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Adam4312, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Adam4312 Win User

PC Motherboard and CPU upgrade. My motherboard isn't recognising windows on my SSD as a...

I tried to upgrade my motherboard and CPU. It was able to turn on but it didn't recognize my SSD as a boot option. I tried downloading windows on a USB from another computer and install another copy of windows using my windows license key but it said it couldn't because there is already a copy of windows.

Is there a way to transfer my windows license key to the new motherboard? if so will it recognize my files and documents on my SSD.

Thank you for the help

:)

Adam4312, Feb 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Haegely Win User
    Upgrading Motherboard and CPU

I bought a default Lenovo K450 a few years back that came with Windows 8 preinstalled. Well over the past few months I've upgraded the PSU, GPU, and moved too an SSD without much of a hassle since I was using the same motherboard and CPU. Well, I'm moving
    too a whole new upgrade and changing the case, motherboard, CPU, and adding a network card. My question is, once I've changed out all of the parts, will I need to reinstall Windows 8, or can I just install Windows 10 again like normal and follow the steps
    with customer support to establish the legitimacy of my previous Windows OS? I have the OEM and Product Key.

Haegely, Feb 9, 2021
  4. PC Motherboard and CPU upgrade. My motherboard isn't recognising windows on my SSD as a...

Upgrading CPU and Motherboard but with SSD with the free windows 10 upgrade from window 8.1

I want to upgrade my CPU and Motherboard but i scared that if i do that i will have to buy a new copy of Windows 10 and i am upgrading important hardware. My current PC has the free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from my Window 8.1 Pro. So its on my SSD but if
    i use the same SSD with a new CPU and Motherboard, can i not just re-activate or does the free upgrade not carry over?

Can someone please help and tell me if i will have to buy a new copy or if it will still work with new hardware.

KeeranHowell, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

PC Motherboard and CPU upgrade. My motherboard isn't recognising windows on my SSD as a...

1. PC Motherboard and CPU upgrade. My motherboard isn't recognising windows on my SSD as a... - Similar Threads - Motherboard CPU upgrade

2. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  3. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  4. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. upgrading both my motherboard and CPU,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrading both my motherboard and CPU,: I going to be upgrading my motherboard and cpu in the next week or so. with that being said I purchased this pc through a rental company and was not provided with a windows disk or product key. will I still be able to boot into windows with it being saved to my SSD/hard...
  6. upgrading both my motherboard and CPU,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrading both my motherboard and CPU,: I going to be upgrading my motherboard and cpu in the next week or so. with that being said I purchased this pc through a rental company and was not provided with a windows disk or product key. will I still be able to boot into windows with it being saved to my SSD/hard...
  7. I've upgraded my Motherboard and CPU

I've upgraded my Motherboard and CPU: Windows is currently telling me windows is not activating as it cant find my activation key within my PC, Storage is all the same like i said i've only upgraded my CPU and Motherboard and now I'm still running Windows 10 Pro but have this annoying activation thing...My...
  8. Upgrading my CPU and Motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading my CPU and Motherboard: Hello, I am upgrading my CPU and motherboard. I use my computer for content creation and have a DAW digital audio workstation and Adobe creative cloud. Will I have to reinstall these programs and my plugins after the upgrade? This is my first upgrade that I am carrying out...
  9. upgrading motherboard and cpu

upgrading motherboard and cpu: Hi, I have a question regarding upgrading my motherboard and cpu. I currently have an off the shelf gaming PC purchased a few years ago. I am looking to replace my asrock B-360M andi5-9400F with newly purchased Asus Prime Z390-A and I9 9900k. My question is in regard to the...
  10. Cpu and motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cpu and motherboard upgrade: Hi im going to upgrade my system can i format the ssd in my pc without doing a fresh install just deleting the data and put my new cpu and motherboard ? submitted by /u/f9mh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k68v9e/cpu_and_motherboard_upgrade/