Windows 10: PC move - take your hard disk with you?

Discus and support PC move - take your hard disk with you? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, everybody! I will move to a new PC soon. I am moving from a multimedia laptop to a desktop PC. In my laptop there is an expandable SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Benschlegl33Fun, Aug 9, 2020.

1. PC move - take your hard disk with you?

Hello, everybody!

I will move to a new PC soon. I am moving from a multimedia laptop to a desktop PC.

In my laptop there is an expandable SSD and HDD inside, on the SSD Windows, on the HDD games etc.

That the net here with us would not allow to install everything again within 5 days, I would like to let the games etc. immediately with moving. Best of all:

Connect the hard drives and the fun begins. Without reinstalling...

So my question is: How can I move without any new installations and data loss?

LG ☺️ Stay healthy!

:)

Benschlegl33Fun, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Moving the 'My Documents' folder (and others) to a different hard disk

Art,

I think he is suggesting keeping a list of non-standard aspects of your setup so that you can 'quickly' whizz through the list if you ever have to set it all up from scratch again.

I do the same. My setup procedure is in a spreadsheet with one major topic for each sheet.

PC move - take your hard disk with you? [​IMG]

Denis

Try3, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User
    Moving the 'My Documents' folder (and others) to a different hard disk

Precisely! You can even do it in Word or Notepad.

Thanks, Denis.

*Biggrin

Compumind, Aug 9, 2020
  4. PC move - take your hard disk with you?

External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

PC move - take your hard disk with you?

1. PC move - take your hard disk with you? - Similar Threads - move hard disk

2. taking you to your organization's sign-in page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taking you to your organization's sign-in page: I having a lot of problem trying to login into a account when I enter the email address it sending me to a page that saying taking you to your organization's sign-in page need some help to resolve this matter....
  3. taking you to your organization's sign-in page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taking you to your organization's sign-in page: I having a lot of problem trying to login into a account when I enter the email address it sending me to a page that saying taking you to your organization's sign-in page need some help to resolve this matter....
  4. taking you to your organization's sign-in page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  6. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  7. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. You can't move Fortnite from external hard disk to pc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You can't move Fortnite from external hard disk to pc?: Good evening, I rebuilt my pc 1-2 days ago and wanted to play Fortnite (please don't hate play it because of my girlfriend :D) install. Had to drag it from my laptop to an external hard drive so I don't have to download everything to my pc. Now I did it like I did...
  9. Hard disk drive taking forever to optimise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard disk drive taking forever to optimise: I’m defragmenting the hard drive and at the last update of 3, the process reads ‘consolidating’. It’s taking up to 15 minutes to cover 1%, is this normal for it to take so long?? Just wondering so I know :) submitted by /u/michaelbosley_ [link] [comments]...
  10. Take care of my new hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Take care of my new hard disk: Hi Ten forums Team. Merry Christmast and Happy New year. Maybe you remember me. I send you a disk report and it aparently in perfect state i perform your test and the bios test. But that disk previously hits on the ground and that "health" was aparetnly now that disk have 4...