Windows 10: PC: MP3s will automatically become quieter as the audio signal continues. How to deactivate?

Discus and support PC: MP3s will automatically become quieter as the audio signal continues. How to deactivate? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! As soon as another audio signal is output, e.g. YouTube, Winamp (but also other players) automatically becomes audibly quieter and only gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FengBo, Aug 1, 2020.

1. FengBo Win User

PC: MP3s will automatically become quieter as the audio signal continues. How to deactivate?

Hello!

As soon as another audio signal is output, e.g. YouTube, Winamp (but also other players) automatically becomes audibly quieter and only gets louder again when the other signal is muted. In the volume mixer, there is no visible reduction, neither the control nor the level drops.

The "Detection of communication activities" is already deactivated. With two browser videos running in parallel (as a test), the effect did apparently not occur.

Thanks for your help! VG

(Windows 10 Version 1903 (Build 18362.720)

:)

FengBo, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

MP3 editing - raising volume

looking for a free/easy way to edit some MP3's and boost the volume, since there's some files i have that are far quieter than the rest of my collection.

Suggestions?

Mussels, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Eclipse MP3 Registering As An Unknown Source

Hello Shawn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. How are you connecting the MP3 player?
    2. Have you tried connecting the MP3 player to a different PC?
    3. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?

If you are using a USB cable to connect the MP3 player, then I suggest you to use a different USB port and check if the MP3 player is getting detected by the PC.

However, you can try updating the chipset drivers to fix the issue.

Follow the steps mentioned below to update the drivers.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit enter.
    3. Go to ‘Universal Serial Bus controller’ and expand it.
    4. Right click on the ‘USB root hub’ and click on update drivers.
    5. Click on ‘Search automatically for updated driver software.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 1, 2020
  4. PC: MP3s will automatically become quieter as the audio signal continues. How to deactivate?

Cannot convert MP3 to wav to burn audio CD

I have made a mp3 recording using Perfect recorder app on Windows 8 Phone Lumia 635. I have transfered this 2 mp3 files to a Windows 10 PC. I can play this files without any problem in Windows media player or the new metro style player.

But when I try to burn it as audio CD with the media player it throws an error (there is a red cross indicating some unspecified problem). When I try to convert it with the VLC media player, it produces a playable but a very noisy poor quality wav file.

Other mp3 to wav cobnverters, like Freac or Free online mp3 to wav converter, fail completely producing almost empty file. There is probably some problem with file headers, I have tried a software that should fix mp3 but no success.

Is there any other way how to convert or burn audio cd from playable but somehow corrupted mp3?

Vojtěch Dohnal, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

PC: MP3s will automatically become quieter as the audio signal continues. How to deactivate?

1. PC: MP3s will automatically become quieter as the audio signal continues. How to deactivate? - Similar Threads - MP3s automatically become

2. Headphone audio suddenly much quieter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone audio suddenly much quieter: Recently the audio in my headphones has become much quieter to the point where I need to have the volume set within the 80-85 range to hear things at normal volume. I switched to another USB port on my computer which worked and had the correct volume, however it has recently...
  3. Headphone audio suddenly much quieter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone audio suddenly much quieter: Recently the audio in my headphones has become much quieter to the point where I need to have the volume set within the 80-85 range to hear things at normal volume. I switched to another USB port on my computer which worked and had the correct volume, however it has recently...
  4. randon loss of signal while gaming sometimes with continued audio pc stays on but...

randon loss of signal while gaming sometimes with continued audio pc stays on but...: While gaming sometime 30s sometimes 10m in i will loose singal to monitor pc will still run keyboard and mouse will not disconnect, audio can still be heard,forced to turn off psu and restart to fix, been happening for a while, happens with apex legends, cod any first person...
  5. randon loss of signal while gaming sometimes with continued audio pc stays on but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    randon loss of signal while gaming sometimes with continued audio pc stays on but...: While gaming sometime 30s sometimes 10m in i will loose singal to monitor pc will still run keyboard and mouse will not disconnect, audio can still be heard,forced to turn off psu and restart to fix, been happening for a while, happens with apex legends, cod any first person...
  6. How to make Windows microphone audio playback quieter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows microphone audio playback quieter?: Hello,I recently purchased a decent XLR microphone and want to be able to hear myself when I speak, but my headphones don't have an Aux port to connect an Aux to XLR cable to my audio interface.So to save money/time, I tried using Window 10's built in "Listen to This Device"...
  7. How to make Windows microphone audio playback quieter?

How to make Windows microphone audio playback quieter?: Hello,I recently purchased a decent XLR microphone and want to be able to hear myself when I speak, but my headphones don't have an Aux port to connect an Aux to XLR cable to my audio interface.So to save money/time, I tried using Window 10's built in "Listen to This Device"...
  8. How to make Windows microphone audio playback quieter?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Audio is a lot quieter than usual

Audio is a lot quieter than usual: I normally use some wired earbuds using the headphone jack on the front of my computer, and they work well.I haven't used my computer for almost a month, but when I got back to it, the same wired headphones suddenly were a lot quieter. Before they sounded loud at about a...
  10. Audio volume getting quieter and quieter on some applications/programs, but not others,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio volume getting quieter and quieter on some applications/programs, but not others,...: This is an absolutely bizzare one for me. Im getting per application volume dropping. or even per web page. it started with some web page video players playing their audio very quiet namely Crunchyroll my first thought was its a crunchyroll specific Issue, so I turn on...