Windows 10: PC name changed after palmrest was replaced, is that normal?

Discus and support PC name changed after palmrest was replaced, is that normal? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, basically, I had to take my laptop in to get it repaired after the hinge broke on it. Then it turned out the parts keeping the backing connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlainaPS, Nov 30, 2021.

1. AlainaPS Win User

PC name changed after palmrest was replaced, is that normal?

So, basically, I had to take my laptop in to get it repaired after the hinge broke on it. Then it turned out the parts keeping the backing connected to the rest of it were busted into like a million pieces and basically the whole bottom part i.e. keyboard, palm rest, mouse pad, everything had to be replaced. I just got it back today and I had to set up a mobile hotspot for it on my phone, and I'm used to the name I gave this PC Red showing up but it showed something completely different this time laptop-016689. Im not sure if that is normal, and now I'm super worried that they messed wit

:)

AlainaPS, Nov 30, 2021

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Nov 30, 2021
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Nov 30, 2021
  4. PC name changed after palmrest was replaced, is that normal?

change pc name

Hi,

To change the computer name, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button.
    • Type View advanced system
      settings
      and press Enter.
    • Go to Computer Name tab.
    • Click Change.
    • Enter the new name.
    • Click OK to save the changes.
    • Restart your computer.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

PC name changed after palmrest was replaced, is that normal?

1. PC name changed after palmrest was replaced, is that normal? - Similar Threads - name changed palmrest

2. Change in RDP - computer names replaced by UUID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change in RDP - computer names replaced by UUID?: Hello,today i wondered as on my computers some / all entries in the dropdown list from RDP were replaced by UUID numbers?Any idea why this happened? I was able to see this on a second computer with WIN 11 also.Seemed to happen after the last update KB5009566 or KB5008880.Thx...
  3. Change in RDP - computer names replaced by UUID?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change in RDP - computer names replaced by UUID?: Hello,today i wondered as on my computers some / all entries in the dropdown list from RDP were replaced by UUID numbers?Any idea why this happened? I was able to see this on a second computer with WIN 11 also.Seemed to happen after the last update KB5009566 or KB5008880.Thx...
  4. PC name changed after palmrest was replaced, is that normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC name changed after palmrest was replaced, is that normal?: So, basically, I had to take my laptop in to get it repaired after the hinge broke on it. Then it turned out the parts keeping the backing connected to the rest of it were busted into like a million pieces and basically the whole bottom part i.e. keyboard, palm rest, mouse...
  5. PC name changed after palmrest was replaced, is that normal?

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC name changed after palmrest was replaced, is that normal?: So, basically, I had to take my laptop in to get it repaired after the hinge broke on it. Then it turned out the parts keeping the backing connected to the rest of it were busted into like a million pieces and basically the whole bottom part i.e. keyboard, palm rest, mouse...
  6. Network visibility after PC name change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network visibility after PC name change: Hello : I recently decided to rename my PC so I have less trouble finding it when multiple computers are connected to the network. What then happened is that I could not find that computer at the navigation pane of the explorer anymore. Even if I looked at the network...
  7. PC Name Changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC Name Changed: Hi Everyone, I decided to finally change my pc name and now I have two user accounts on login. I've tried everything available on google to delete the second account but to no avail. This is what I tried: delete any other account on "users accounts" but there was nothing...
  8. pc name change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc name change: i'm moving stuff from my pc to another pc to become mine, how do i change the name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-name-change/4e31259e-94b1-4731-899d-6f37a9f4b074
  9. Changing PC Name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing PC Name: I have several PC's that need to have the names changed. These PC's are part of our network, will there be any adverse effects to the network access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-pc-name/da223a76-b3a7-4944-bc3f-36e7b2990fd0
  10. Change PC name on MS account after changing locally

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change PC name on MS account after changing locally: Hi I bought a new surface and set it up. It doesnt ask for PC name during setup, only after you are in. So now in MS account devices online, the pc name is something like desktop-767shdjs I cant recognize that, so I want to change it for the name I have just given it, a...