Windows 10: PC name incorrect in ADUC after beign renamed

Discus and support PC name incorrect in ADUC after beign renamed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of our newer workstations was installed with 1903 version because 1809 just didn't turn out well. I had to rename it later on and somehow on ADUC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PumpkinheadGirl, Oct 13, 2019.

1. PC name incorrect in ADUC after beign renamed

One of our newer workstations was installed with 1903 version because 1809 just didn't turn out well. I had to rename it later on and somehow on ADUC it still shows as the old name on the computer list. The properties section shows the new name for DHS and computer name, but the old name is the one shows on the top (which can't be changed).

Remoting to it only works if I connect to the new name. PDQ also shows the new name.

Has anyone had the same problem? Or can anyone suggest a solution?

Thank you in advance.

:)

PumpkinheadGirl, Oct 13, 2019

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Oct 13, 2019
  3. ADUC Missing BitLocker Recovery Tab in 1809

Hi Tom,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to get your BitLocker key after enabling ADUC. We checked on this issue and we would like you to refer the below Article and Post if that helps you to get the BitLocker key.

Article: BitLocker
    Active Directory Recovery Password Viewer Overview

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/9ef55790-f919-4f7b-9c2f-174b3f170a5a/bitlocker-recovery-tab-is-missing-within-aduc-in-rsat

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to post your query in TechNet forums, where
    we have expertise and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Windows BitLocker & ADUC to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

PC name incorrect in ADUC after beign renamed

I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

PC name incorrect in ADUC after beign renamed

1. PC name incorrect in ADUC after beign renamed - Similar Threads - name incorrect ADUC

2. Tried to rename PC, now it has two names and can't be renamed again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tried to rename PC, now it has two names and can't be renamed again: Hey, so since there are some people on my work network that I didn't want to see my pc, I tried to change it's name so they wouldn't know its me. I clicked on rename this PC in the About section of the normal windows 10 settings, and then I shut it down just to restart it...
  3. "Rename this PC" greyed out and two device names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Rename this PC" greyed out and two device names: HiI recently renamed my PC which caused one of my software licenses to stop working. I then changed it back to the original name, but now Windows is showing two device names and the rename button is greyed out as shown below. Does anyone know why this happened and how I can...
  4. Incorrect User Names

Incorrect User Names: When I transferred my system to a new computer, the user names are incorrect for my microsoft acct and I am unable some of my documents. How can I fix this?There is also an unknown account manager....
  5. Incorrect Program Names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect Program Names: Hi! I have a problem with my programs not displaying their correct name or the correct filename of the file it opens. As shown on the top left area of the photo that I have attached below. This happens to programs like VLC, IDM, Acrobat Reader, Premier Pro, etc. What should I...
  6. Incorrect Program Names

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incorrect Program Names: Hi! I have a problem with my programs not displaying their correct name or the correct filename of the file it opens. As shown on the top left area of the photo that I have attached below. What should I do? I hope somebody can help me with this. Thank you in advance....
  7. Incorrect Member Name

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Incorrect Member Name: The Microsoft Community has my wrong name in their records. My member name should be listed as: Mary Lindberg, If you have any questions, please contact me. Thank you very much....
  8. Network name incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network name incorrect: I had a Linksys router E1200 with LAN ports and WiFi 2.4 G that worked fine for years. A few months ago I needed to improve it to give more more features and chose a Linksys WRT3200ACM MU-MIMO that also includes 5GHz WiFi. Setup using the Linksys online method was more...
  9. Profile name incorrect

Profile name incorrect: My name registered with Microsoft is "." and the sirname is Miller. i have registered an email "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***", xname substituting my name ofc and that is the only place that name is tied to my microsoft account. my desktop profile after setting...
  10. Incorrect User Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect User Name: I am the sole user of my PC and so I set it up to by-pass the password entry screen and boot straight into the start screen. Two weeks ago I started to receive an error message on start up. The message tells me that the username or password is incorrect, try again. When...