Windows 10: PC Name - Windows 10

Discus and support PC Name - Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys. I have noticed my PC NAME changes itself. What causes this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SiphokaziM, May 19, 2020.

1. PC Name - Windows 10

Hi guys.

I have noticed my PC NAME changes itself.

What causes this?

:)

SiphokaziM, May 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 19, 2020
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 19, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

PC Name - Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 19, 2020
Thema:

PC Name - Windows 10

1. PC Name - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Name

2. Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...: My name is Shraddha, I will be attending Microsoft certification exam soon, As last name is mandatory I have entered my father's name though in official ID his name is not present, will this effect me during my exam process. I tried entering _,"." , "-" and "_" in the last...
  3. Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...: My name is Shraddha, I will be attending Microsoft certification exam soon, As last name is mandatory I have entered my father's name though in official ID his name is not present, will this effect me during my exam process. I tried entering _,"." , "-" and "_" in the last...
  4. W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account: Hello,My Windows 11 Settings randomly started to think that my Account is Darrin DeYoung. When I go to Accounts, it shows the correct name. I read online that Darrin DeYoung is a retail demo account and that I should reinstall windows. But it worked fine for 1 Year without...
  5. W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account

W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account: Hello,My Windows 11 Settings randomly started to think that my Account is Darrin DeYoung. When I go to Accounts, it shows the correct name. I read online that Darrin DeYoung is a retail demo account and that I should reinstall windows. But it worked fine for 1 Year without...
  6. Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC: When I open the Remote Desktop window on my computer, I enter the computer name I want to connect to, as well as my domain name and username Domain\Username. After pressing connect, the UAC window from Windows Security appears to enter my password. At this point, the username...
  7. Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC

Remote desktop connection does not carry the domain name into the UAC: When I open the Remote Desktop window on my computer, I enter the computer name I want to connect to, as well as my domain name and username Domain\Username. After pressing connect, the UAC window from Windows Security appears to enter my password. At this point, the username...
  8. Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com using my name as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com using my name as...: Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com and stating it's from me, Tony Bartolotti. The e-mail states its Pictures. Please check into this matter, so I can stop getting calls from my contacts wanting to know what's going on....
  9. Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com using my name as...

Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com using my name as...: Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com and stating it's from me, Tony Bartolotti. The e-mail states its Pictures. Please check into this matter, so I can stop getting calls from my contacts wanting to know what's going on....
  10. Strange user folder names Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange user folder names Windows 11: Hi all.I have just bought a new laptop with Win 11. I am not real familiar with Win 11.MS set my user name as the first 5 letters of my email address, so I changed the user name to Steve.I now notice there are folders under users named "steph" and two folders named...