Windows 10: PC needs to be repaired - error code 0xc0000098 - can't backup boot

Discus and support PC needs to be repaired - error code 0xc0000098 - can't backup boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. My computer ran into some issues and after running the automatic diagnostic software with an ISO Windows installation file on a USB it started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zadsar, Mar 27, 2020.

1. zadsar Win User

PC needs to be repaired - error code 0xc0000098 - can't backup boot

Hello.

My computer ran into some issues and after running the automatic diagnostic software with an ISO Windows installation file on a USB it started displaying the message:

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system.

File: \Boot\BCD

Error code: 0xc000009"

I looked up the error code and found this article:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_install/total-identified-windows-installations-0/52359f87-de4a-41dc-b0c3-cc275e1d9fbf

which told me to run this command:

"bcdedit /export c:/bcdbackup"

in the command prompt. I have done so, but the operation failed and returned this:

"The store export operation has failed.

The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid."

Any help? Thanks.

:)

zadsar, Mar 27, 2020
  2. H.Modh Win User

Need help to resolve Windows 10 Error Code: 0xc0000098 (your PC/Device needs to repaired)

I recently moved to windows 10 from windows 7.
    Once I restarted my PC, it was stuck to Operating System Not Found.

Then I used bootable USB to repair a laptop.

On the first go, I tried below steps.

1. Enabled External Boot Device in boot setting menu
    2. Completed language setting
    3. Clicked on Repair your computer which is just below Install Now option
    4. Opted for Troubleshoot option
    5. Went to Advanced options
    6. Clicked on Startup Repair

After all the above steps, it just stuck to a blue page mentioning Error Code: 0xc0000098

Now every time I try to repair a laptop using a bootable USB, it always stuck to this blue page. I have posted a video having this problem .

H.Modh, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    error code: 0xc0000098

Hi,

The the 0xc0000098 error can appear due to a corrupted BCD (Boot Configuration Data) file. This can be due to a change in the hardware. There is also a possibility that Windows files or the hard drive was damaged on some cases. In this case, we suggest to boot
    from windows 10 installation disc and kindly follow the steps provided by
    Teemo Tang
    on this
    link

Should you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Mar 27, 2020
  4. H.Modh Win User

Need help to resolve Windows 10 Error Code: 0xc0000098 (your PC/Device needs to repaired)

I recently moved to windows 10 from windows 7. Since I restarted my PC, it stuck to Operating System Not Found.

Then I used bootable USB to repair a laptop.

On the first go, I tried below steps.

• Enabled External Boot Device in boot setting menu
    • Completed language setting
    • Clicked on Repair your computer which is just below Install Now option
    • Opted for Troubleshoot option
    • Went to Advanced options
    • Clicked on Startup Repair
    After all the above steps, it just stuck to a blue page mentioning Error Code: 0xc0000098

Now every time I try to repair a laptop using a bootable USB, it always stuck to this blue page. I have posted a video having this problem .

H.Modh, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. PC needs to be repaired - error code 0xc0000098 - can't backup boot - Similar Threads - needs repaired error

2. Repairing from no boot to windows with error codes 0xc0000098 and 0xc0000001.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repairing from no boot to windows with error codes 0xc0000098 and 0xc0000001.: downloaded media installation to USB stick and made it back to command prompt. But videos of commands differ as mine has X:\sources> to start from. What should I do to start commands from sources??...
  3. Repairing from no boot to windows with error codes 0xc0000098 and 0xc0000001.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repairing from no boot to windows with error codes 0xc0000098 and 0xc0000001.: downloaded media installation to USB stick and made it back to command prompt. But videos of commands differ as mine has X:\sources> to start from. What should I do to start commands from sources??...
  4. Repairing from no boot to windows with error codes 0xc0000098 and 0xc0000001.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc0000098: Today when I turned on my Surface Go it briefly announced that it needed to do a system update, then went to a blue screen announcing the above. As I don't have a keyboard I can't see what needs to be done.. Could it possibly be flat battery..?...
  6. Error Code 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Code 0xc0000098: Hi everyone. I am having a super tough time with this stupid error code that abruptly showed up on my pc (Error: 0xc0000098). I do NOT have a disk for Windows nor does my laptop support disks. My alternate solution to this was Creation Media Tool and installing windows 10 on...
  7. Error code: 0xc0000098

Error code: 0xc0000098: The operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors. This is from a cyberpower PC install of Windows 10 Pro, we have tried a clean install. And each time we continue to get this error message. [ATTACH]...
  8. Error 0xc0000098 Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. HELP!

Error 0xc0000098 Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. HELP!: i am a PC enthusiast and i have built many PC's from scratch. so recently i built a new pc had everything but a hard drive so instead of waiting for it in the mail i took the old hard drive in my old PC (the only hard drive on it) formatted it (the long way of formatting so...
  9. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098: The laptop of my girlfriend froze when we tried to move a big chunk of pictures from a phone to the laptop. After a restart it didnt load up windows 10 anymore. The laptop only shows the "Boot Menu" and gives the option to pick between two PCI LANs. We tried repairing the...
  10. This PC/Device needs to be repaired 0xc0000098

This PC/Device needs to be repaired 0xc0000098: Hi, I just bought a brand new SSD drive for my old laptop MSI GE600, replaced it and everything looked fine in BIOS until I booted from my USB drive with Windows 10 on it. I get a message that my PC needs to be repaired with error code 0xc0000098 and information that my...
Tags: