Windows 10: PC needs to be started twice every time.

Discus and support PC needs to be started twice every time. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello!I have a problem since a windows update in December. Somehow when I try to start my PC, it only shows a black screen with an underscore in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Marvin Fachtner, Mar 24, 2023.

1. PC needs to be started twice every time.

Hello!I have a problem since a windows update in December. Somehow when I try to start my PC, it only shows a black screen with an underscore in the top left corner. I need to press the power button of my PC sp that i shuts down. When I start it up then, it will start up properly.I already tried to uninstall the windows update. The problem is that I am not sure which one caused it. So I uninstalled all updates that where approximately in the matching timeframe. The other problem here is, that some just can't be uninstalled. And uninstalling the ones that were possible to be uninstalled solved

:)

Marvin Fachtner, Mar 24, 2023

2. Windows 10 - Login twice every time

Hello,

User profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are being asked to sign in twice on your computer. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest creating a new user account and see if the same issue will occur on a different user profile. To do this,
    simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 24, 2023
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 24, 2023
  4. DrNJ37 Win User

PC needs to be started twice every time.

Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice

Hello,

I am seeking an advice on a possible issue with my desktop PC.

When I start it from having been shut down by pressing the power button, it starts twice. It comes on very briefly, switches off for approximetely five seconds, and then starts again without any problems. The start procedure is very fast, but I have never
    had a computer before which 'starts twice' in this manner.

I bought it only a few weeks ago and, so far as I can recall, it has done this from the start. Could this be attributable to Windows fast start up? Alternatively, is it something else related to Windows/the system? I thought I'd check this first, as if
    it's not any of this, my guess is that it's a question from the manufacturer, rather than Microsoft, but one step at a time.

Basic Specifications:

Lenovo Legion T730-281CO

Core i7-9700@3.60Ghz

16MB RAM

Windows 10 Home version 1803

I can provide more specifications as needed, but I don't know what you need to know to help answer my question, so I thought that I would just start with the basics.

Thank you in advance.

DrNJ37, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

PC needs to be started twice every time.

1. PC needs to be started twice every time. - Similar Threads - needs started twice

2. PC needs to be started twice every time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC needs to be started twice every time.: Hello!I have a problem since a windows update in December. Somehow when I try to start my PC, it only shows a black screen with an underscore in the top left corner. I need to press the power button of my PC sp that i shuts down. When I start it up then, it will start up...
  3. PC needs to be started twice every time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC needs to be started twice every time.: Hello!I have a problem since a windows update in December. Somehow when I try to start my PC, it only shows a black screen with an underscore in the top left corner. I need to press the power button of my PC sp that i shuts down. When I start it up then, it will start up...
  4. Windows 10 needs to startup twice each time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 needs to startup twice each time: Hi,I'm facing an issue with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 64bit. Each time I try to turn on my PC after it has been turned off, It starts / reaches windows startup screen with the loading circle /but doesn't show the loading circle / screen goes black /restarts, then starts up.So each...
  5. Windows 10 needs to startup twice each time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 needs to startup twice each time: Hi,I'm facing an issue with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 64bit. Each time I try to turn on my PC after it has been turned off, It starts / reaches windows startup screen with the loading circle /but doesn't show the loading circle / screen goes black /restarts, then starts up.So each...
  6. Windows 10 needs to startup twice each time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC restarts every time after shutdown. Need help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC restarts every time after shutdown. Need help.: Hello. I've been having this issue for quite a while now. Basically, the pc starts itself every time immediately after shutdown and I'm forced to turn it off with holding the power button for a couple of seconds. Every setting for waking the pc is disabled, power options, I...
  8. Windows10 needs to boot twice every time to properly load the USB drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 needs to boot twice every time to properly load the USB drivers.: This started following the upgrade from Windows 7 64 Pro to Windows 10 64 Pro. I have updatedevery USB driver and I have reinstalled every controller. It is very consistent; Cold boot -->problem, followed by restart --> fixed. I will try two consecutive cold boots. If they...
  9. Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice: Hello, I am seeking an advice on a possible issue with my desktop PC. When I start it from having been shut down by pressing the power button, it starts twice. It comes on very briefly, switches off for approximetely five seconds, and then starts again without any...
  10. pin log in makes me do it twice every time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    pin log in makes me do it twice every time: when logging in i have to enter the pin number twice the first time says to restart the comp the second time takes all help greatly appreciated 66166