Windows 10: PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into Windows

Discus and support PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into Windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, My PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into windows. When it's turned on the first time, it just displays the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Atharva Satpute, Jul 31, 2020.

1. PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into Windows

Hello Everyone,

My PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into windows. When it's turned on the first time, it just displays the windows logo and does nothing, but when it's turned on the second time, it boots normally. I've seen other people having the same problem, and they fixed it by going into the windows power options and disabling fast startup, which is the setting that windows recommends. This did in fact, work for me, as after disabling that option, my PC booted perfectly fine upon the first startup. However, it takes my laptop much longer to boot when this option is disabled almost 4X longer.

So my question is, is there any way to fix this issue with fast startup enabled? Because although my PC doesn't need to be turned on twice in order to boot after that option is disabled, it takes much longer for it to boot into windows. On the other hand, with fast startup enabled, the pc needs to be turned on twice, but It'll boot much faster upon starting it up the second time.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in Advance.

:)

Atharva Satpute, Jul 31, 2020

2. twice turn on pc on win 10 pro 10240

hi,

I have to turn on pc twice in order to boot os windows 10

it is problem with win 10 or my pc !?

lp,

DavorDrcec, Jul 31, 2020
  3. need to select sleep buttton or menu twice

Hi,

This might be caused by services or programs that could be interfering or causing the changes in the system.

We suggest that your start your PC in safe mode to start your PC with minimal drivers. While in safe mode, try to replicate the issue and check if the issue persists. We also suggest that you perform a clean boot to verify that there are no startup programs
    or services that could be causing the issue.

Refer to the following support articles for steps on how to start your PC in safe mode, and how to perform a clean boot:

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into Windows

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Hello Bruce, and welcome to Ten Forums. PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into Windows :)

If you use OPTION ONE or step 2 in OPTION TWO, it won't be listed twice, but it won't include the sort order fix.

If you use step 3 in OPTION TWO, it will be listed twice, but will include the sort order fix.

Brink, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into Windows

1. PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into Windows - Similar Threads - needs turned twice

2. help i need to boot twice to get to the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help i need to boot twice to get to the windows: i did my research, do the fast startup off or on, but not solving my problem.before this happaned i installed nvme ssd couple days ago and whenever i try to boot, i need to power twice. at the first power, the monitor not responding when i press power button, the cpu is...
  3. help i need to boot twice to get to the windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help i need to boot twice to get to the windows: i did my research, do the fast startup off or on, but not solving my problem.before this happaned i installed nvme ssd couple days ago and whenever i try to boot, i need to power twice. at the first power, the monitor not responding when i press power button, the cpu is...
  4. help i need to boot twice to get to the windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Accidentally ordered Windows twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally ordered Windows twice: I accidentally ordered Windows 10/11 Pro twice.When looking in the order history - https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders?refd=account.microsoft.comThere is no option available to cancel or refund the order....
  6. Accidentally ordered Windows twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally ordered Windows twice: I accidentally ordered Windows 10/11 Pro twice.When looking in the order history - https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders?refd=account.microsoft.comThere is no option available to cancel or refund the order....
  7. Accidentally ordered Windows twice

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly: I own a Dell XPS13 with windows 10, and whenever I try to boot it up, I just get the black screen with the dell logo.I have to hold down the power button to shut off, then turn it on again. When I do this, I get the same black screen, but with a loading circle below it. Then...
  9. I have to turn my pc on twice for it to boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have to turn my pc on twice for it to boot.: When I turn my pc on it turns on, the lights on my keyboard turn on but I get no picture on my monitor. I have to hold the power button to turn the pc off and then back on and it works straight away. Sometimes when I turn it off it turns off instantly and other times I have...
  10. Somehow I need to boot my machines twice in a particular order in order to share folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Somehow I need to boot my machines twice in a particular order in order to share folder: I have multi-computers at home all running with windows 10, 1903. In the past, they were all installed with windows 10, 18xx (can not remember what xx is now), I set up one computer with share folder to allow other computers to access to. This configuration worked fine for a...