Windows 10: PC never wakes after going to sleep mode

Discus and support PC never wakes after going to sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; HI , I am using HP CC 129Tx with win 10 1809 Issue 1 : if i leave my PC for like 10 min the screen gets blacked ( turned off ). then I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Shubham_g1509, Mar 30, 2019.

1. PC never wakes after going to sleep mode

HI ,

I am using HP CC 129Tx with win 10 1809

Issue

1 : if i leave my PC for like 10 min the screen gets blacked ( turned off ). then I have to force shut down it to use it again as striking the keys and moving the cursor is not helping me . it's like unresponsive .

2 : if i put my PC on the sleep mode it never wakes even after pressing the power key .

i have updated all the drivers and other software

:)

Shubham_g1509, Mar 30, 2019

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 30, 2019
  4. WaytGibbs Win User

PC never wakes after going to sleep mode

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

PC never wakes after going to sleep mode

1. PC never wakes after going to sleep mode - Similar Threads - never wakes going

2. PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once: Hello, my PC won’t go to sleep after I wake it up from sleep once. Seems to have started after I updated my bios version. Tried flashing it back to stock, but haven’t had any luck.Specs:Windows 11 22h232gb Corsair ddr5 5200mhz ram, running at stockRyzen 7700xA few m.2 nvme...
  3. PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once: Hello, my PC won’t go to sleep after I wake it up from sleep once. Seems to have started after I updated my bios version. Tried flashing it back to stock, but haven’t had any luck.Specs:Windows 11 22h232gb Corsair ddr5 5200mhz ram, running at stockRyzen 7700xA few m.2 nvme...
  4. BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.: I've had this issue that whenever I open up my PCfrom sleep mode usually after a minute or two I'd have a BSOD with the code: PFN_LIST-CORRUPT. I've tried updating all my drivers and my BIOS too but this issue still occurs. Any fixes?Here's the minidump file for...
  5. BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.: I've had this issue that whenever I open up my PCfrom sleep mode usually after a minute or two I'd have a BSOD with the code: PFN_LIST-CORRUPT. I've tried updating all my drivers and my BIOS too but this issue still occurs. Any fixes?Here's the minidump file for...
  6. PC not going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not going into sleep mode: For some reason over the past couple of days my pc won't go into sleep mode despite the fact that I have set the screen and the pc to go off after 10 minutes. It isn't working either when I click on 'Shut Down or Sign Out' and then choose 'Sleep'. When I do that it...
  7. !! Help !! URGENT !! PC doesn't wake after going to Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    !! Help !! URGENT !! PC doesn't wake after going to Sleep Mode: Hello, I applied these settings before the problem - Pressing the power button pc will go to sleep. And - pressing the sleep button pc will go to sleep. And I have the wireless keyboard and mouse connected with the PC So the problem is PC running properly I...
  8. PC going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC going to sleep mode: From time to time, I have a YouTube video playing (via Google Chrome), and walk away from my PC. The videos are usually 8-10 hours long. I have noticed that the PC will still go to sleep mode. Any idea why? Thanks submitted by /u/circatee [link] [comments]...
  9. PC never wakes after going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC never wakes after going to sleep mode: HI , I am using HP CC 129Tx with win 10 1909 Issue 1 : if i leave my PC for like 10 min the screen gets blacked turned off . then I have to force shut down it to use it again as striking the keys and moving the cursor is not helping me . it's like unresponsive . 2 : if...
  10. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc never wakes from sleep