Windows 10: PC no longer sleeps - freezes part way through instead.

Discus and support PC no longer sleeps - freezes part way through instead. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, My desktop pc (specs and OS info as per 'My Computers' System One) is not going to sleep when button pressed. It was doing so until the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ArthurDent, May 14, 2021.

1. PC no longer sleeps - freezes part way through instead.

Hi All, My desktop pc (specs and OS info as per 'My Computers' System One) is not going to sleep when button pressed. It was doing so until the last couple of days which prompted me to run sfc/ scannow. Sfc found some file corruptions and repaired them. This didn't fix the issue however. Same if 'sleep' is selected from Start Button > Power. It briefly worked this afternoon (once) now it is back to freezing (no drive activity but the fan and power light are on, the monitor is turned off). I have a DVD with 20H2 on it so can do a repair if necessary. First I thought I'd ask the community to see if there was a less aggressive solution. Thanks in advance, Art

:)

ArthurDent, May 14, 2021
  2. TaxmanBOL Win User

Windows 10 freezes up instead of auto sleeping

I had just noticed how my machine was functioning so perfectly with regard to auto sleeping and waking when I got the latest update this week. I think it is build 15063 (the windows update page no longer lists the current build). Now my computer will not
    auto sleep. It simply freezes up with the screen dark and will not respond. My only option is a hard boot. I have updated various drivers but still no change.

I am on a HP Envy with Windows 10 Pro.

I would appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

TaxmanBOL, May 14, 2021
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, May 14, 2021
  4. PC no longer sleeps - freezes part way through instead.

Windows 10 laptop cannot sleep, restart instead.

Hi,

My system restart instead of sleep, can anyone support for this problem?

Regards,

Syed Muhammad Faraz_86, May 14, 2021
Thema:

PC no longer sleeps - freezes part way through instead.

1. PC no longer sleeps - freezes part way through instead. - Similar Threads - longer sleeps freezes

2. Windows 10 freeze & power off instead of sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 freeze & power off instead of sleep: When I put the computer to sleep mode, often but not always the system freezes for a couple of minutes with a black screen and then power off instead of sleep. Note: it does not reboot, the computer has to be turned on manually. So far I can't see any significant pattern in...
  3. PC randomly freezes (but just partly)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC randomly freezes (but just partly): Hey there! I'm new here and not much of a tech savvy, so apologies for any mistakes or unclear infos in advance. (Windows Version: 20H2 (Built: 19042.867)) About a week ago my laptop started randomly freezing. This only occured maybe 2 or 3 times until today, where it...
  4. PC Shutting Down Instead of Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Shutting Down Instead of Sleep: Lately I've been noticing that most of the time when my PC goes to sleep, it ends up shutting down. Windows and my Nvidia drivers are up to date if that makes a difference, 20H2 and 457.09. Has anyone else started experiencing this or know any way to fix it? Thanks!...
  5. Failure Part Way Through Clean Install to New HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failure Part Way Through Clean Install to New HDD: Hi, part of the way through a clean install of Windows 10 Home to a new HDD the install fails and my PC emits three long beeps. It did similar yesterday when all I was trying to do was boot from the installation media a USB Drive that I had created with the Media Creation...
  6. Microsoft Defender freezes half way through

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender freezes half way through: Eek. Twice now I have initiated a custom scan and it "froze" about half way through on the C: drive; the "files scanned" number got stuck so it was not ticking over even though I left it for a few minutes nothing else was running. An offline scan detected nothing, however...
  7. PC shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shutting down instead of sleeping: Hi, I recently changed the SSD on my ASUS UX430UN and upgraded it to a Crucial 1Tb SSD. I have GRUB to handle dual boot Windows and Linux. When using Windows, often the pc will shut down after going to sleep requiring to hold the power button to hard restart it, or it will...
  8. Black screen part way through booting - Power Key needed to recover

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen part way through booting - Power Key needed to recover: I've recently updated an HP EliteBook 8560p from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Once booted (see below) the display looks good and everything runs fine. However, booting requires the following steps: 1) Press the Power Button. The system seems to start up with the Windows...
  9. Update 1809 fails part way through

Update 1809 fails part way through: I'm running 1803 and trying to install 1809. It gets past the reboot and then fails. The error code is 0xC1900101-0x30018, which means a driver error. That's pretty useless information, since there doesn't seem to be any way to inject a driver into the update process. Based...
  10. How to restart the win 10 installer part way through?

How to restart the win 10 installer part way through?: Alternatively, how do you escape the 'create new account' page without creating an account? There's no damn back button, and the email is attached to an account (my dad wasn't sure if he had a Microsoft account). So I'd happily sort his login, or create a local account,...