Windows 10: Pc no signal after enabling HDR

Discus and support Pc no signal after enabling HDR in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was playing around with the setting menu and i enabled HDR under settings. Right after my monitor shows no signal detected even after i tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bobbybopbap, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Pc no signal after enabling HDR

I was playing around with the setting menu and i enabled HDR under settings. Right after my monitor shows no signal detected even after i tried to reboot. I am able to assess to the BIOS though.

submitted by /u/bobbybopbap
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bobbybopbap, Feb 24, 2021
  2. TimCarl Win User

Cannot Enable HDR

The HDR option does not appear in 'Display' settings.

I am using:

Intel UHD 630 Integrated Graphics

Cardas HDMI cable

LG 27UK650 Monitor

The LG monitor's HDR works with a Playstation 4 Pro and Cardas HDMI cable.

The LG monitor has no manual HDR setting. It only enters HDR mode when it receives proper signal, first.

Windows 10 only offers HDR setting when it receives proper signal from the display, first.

How can HDR be force-enabled on Windows 10?

TimCarl, Feb 24, 2021
  3. zonto1983 Win User
    HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled

Hello,

I recently purchased an HDR/4K-compatible graphics card (a GeForce 1080ti). I have a 4K HDR display (LG C7 65" OLED). When I first installed the card and drivers, the HDR option was turned on by default, and I was getting an HDR signal to the display. However,
    the resolution was set to 1920x1080. When I changed the resolution to 4K, HDR turned off. Since then, I have been unable to get HDR enabled again. When I try to enable HDR, the setting just turns itself off again, like so:

Recordit: Record screencasts fast & free! with GIF Support!

This is not an issue with my display or receiver, as I'm able to get HDR out of my PS4 just fine, and I don't believe it to be an issue with my HDMI cable either, since I was getting HDR out of the PC when I first installed the card.

I'm not sure what other steps to take. I ran dxdiag, and it appears that it's not detecting the full color range:

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709 (as per this article: HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10).

From that same article, it appears to be detecting the display as HDR compatible:

Monitor Advanced Color Capabilities: BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported AdvancedColorSupported

Thanks for looking, any help would be greatly appreciated.

zonto1983, Feb 24, 2021
  4. CulleyXIV Win User

Pc no signal after enabling HDR

HDR won't enable!

This sounds like the exact same problem I am having, just different hardware. TV is a Sony XBR65X930C. When set to 3840x2160 I see the option to turn on HDR in the display settings but attempting to turn it on results in my TV flickering and the option going
    back to unchecked. If I set the output resolution to 1920x1080, I can finally enable HDR and it stays enabled but it appears applications are still having trouble properly enabling HDR (need to test more).

All drivers and TV firmware are up to date. I can confirm I can get 4K HDR to work on that TV using other devices like a PS4 as well so the capability is there. Just not sure how to get it to work correctly on my PC.

CulleyXIV, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Pc no signal after enabling HDR

1. Pc no signal after enabling HDR - Similar Threads - signal enabling HDR

2. monitor doesnt detect any signal from pc after turning on hdr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor doesnt detect any signal from pc after turning on hdr: I’m using windows 11 and when i proceded to go to settings and turn on hdr my monitor went black and didnt turn back on, I tried turning my pc on and off, using different monitors, but nothing’s working…...
  3. monitor doesnt detect any signal from pc after turning on hdr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor doesnt detect any signal from pc after turning on hdr: I’m using windows 11 and when i proceded to go to settings and turn on hdr my monitor went black and didnt turn back on, I tried turning my pc on and off, using different monitors, but nothing’s working…...
  4. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable HDR: Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of...
  5. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to enable HDR: Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of...
  6. Turned on HDR by accident, no signal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turned on HDR by accident, no signal: So I was snooping around my display settings and turned on the HDR mode. I'm now getting no signal so have no idea how to turn it off. Tried restarting and replugging my HDMI. Help! submitted by /u/erxci [link] [comments]...
  7. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  8. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  9. How to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable HDR: I recently purchased a windows 10 computer with intel intergrated graphics card UHD 620. I have the kaby lake R and upgraded to Win10 1909 version. I go to the video settings and I have no options to enable or turn on HDR. It just says 8 bit no HDR. How do I get or enable...
  10. Cant enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant enable HDR: Right so I have a TV which is HDR capable TV Specs : https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/6f4ad6a hooked up to my PC via an HDMI which I believe should be at least 2.0 link to the cable:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu loses signal when hdr

2. no pc signal after enabling hdr

3. windows turned on hdr and now no signal