Windows 10: PC not able to start back up just after installing Windows Update

Discus and support PC not able to start back up just after installing Windows Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, after finishing my work for today, I wanted to shut down my PC as usual. This time it showed me that an update was available, so I choose that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RentiqORG, Apr 14, 2021.

1. PC not able to start back up just after installing Windows Update

Hey, after finishing my work for today, I wanted to shut down my PC as usual. This time it showed me that an update was available, so I choose that option. After that my Computer couldn’t boot back up. It shows me a Blue Screen saying that my Windows couldn’t be repaired automatically after it ran the scan. There are some advanced options I could choose but I don’t want to risk losing my files and stuff. I’m not sure what do to right now. It was all just fine a few minutes ago. Is it because of the update? I did nothing out of the ordinary so I’m even more confused who this happened. It shows me the error: “Bad system config info” After that it runs the scan but I wind up on the blue screen again.

Help!

submitted by /u/RentiqORG
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RentiqORG, Apr 14, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 14, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 14, 2021
  4. PC not able to start back up just after installing Windows Update

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

PC not able to start back up just after installing Windows Update

1. PC not able to start back up just after installing Windows Update - Similar Threads - able start installing

2. PC slow to start up after KB5032292 install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC slow to start up after KB5032292 install.: Ever since my PC updated to KB5032292 my start up has not been working. I have an SSD and have not had any issues prior to the install. Since the install, when I power on, the screen is just black, no logon logo that I usually get. There is power going through to my...
  3. PC slow to start up after KB5032292 install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC slow to start up after KB5032292 install.: Ever since my PC updated to KB5032292 my start up has not been working. I have an SSD and have not had any issues prior to the install. Since the install, when I power on, the screen is just black, no logon logo that I usually get. There is power going through to my...
  4. PC starts up slower after installed window update for Windows 10, version 22H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC starts up slower after installed window update for Windows 10, version 22H2: My pc starts up slower after installed window update of Windows 10, version 22H2.I tried to uninstall the update in Window Update -> View update history, however there is no uninstall option to choose in that page.Would anyone help?Thanks....
  5. PC starts up slower after installed window update for Windows 10, version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC starts up slower after installed window update for Windows 10, version 22H2: My pc starts up slower after installed window update of Windows 10, version 22H2.I tried to uninstall the update in Window Update -> View update history, however there is no uninstall option to choose in that page.Would anyone help?Thanks....
  6. PC starts up slower after installed window update for Windows 10, version 22H2

7. Not able to back up computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to back up computer.: I have been trying to back up my computer to an external HDD, which has more than enough room to back it up, but every time I try to back up now I get your "data has not been backed up yet". This is not the first time I have done it but the first time on this computer.The...
  8. Not able to back up computer.

Not able to back up computer.: I have been trying to back up my computer to an external HDD, which has more than enough room to back it up, but every time I try to back up now I get your "data has not been backed up yet". This is not the first time I have done it but the first time on this computer.The...
  9. Not able to back up computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Not able to start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to start up: Hi, I uninstalled some non-essential apps Nike+Connect, Bonjour, iTunes, Vuze and then restarted my computer and it wouldn't load up. I tried all the different recoveries, including reformatting but it always stalls at around 6%. The message I am getting is: "System...