Windows 10: PC - not accepting multicast

Discus and support PC - not accepting multicast in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I've noticed my PC has stopped receiving multicast traffic. If I boot into safe mode with networking then my application does get multicast..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomT, Feb 23, 2016.

1. TomT Win User

PC - not accepting multicast

Hi.
    I've noticed my PC has stopped receiving multicast traffic.
    If I boot into safe mode with networking then my application does get multicast..

I've disabled ZoneAlarm and Avast and neither of these have made a difference..

Any ideas what to try next ?

Thanks

:)

2. henry2011 Win User

Windows Hotspot very slow

I got the same problem with both Windows 8 and 10. The multicast upload is pretty fast like 10 times faster than the multicast download.

Henry

henry2011, Feb 23, 2016
  3. mike39sm Win User
    MDT Multicast

Hello Everyone,

I am new to MDT multicast and was hoping someone can answer my question, I set my MDT server up for multicast and it goes all the way to 99% and I watch it in the WDS console under my deployment share, I can see three clients and when they reach 99% and
    I hit refresh the clients disappear which i think means it reached 100% but then on the client side its rolls back to installing operating system and starts the percent count again. Is multicast on MDT work different, does it first download the image to one
    computer and once downloaded it distributes that one image to all others . I found an article below that explains how it should work but I am not sure if I am understanding it correctly.

Here is the overall process:

• ClientA starts a multicast session to download Win7SP1x86.wim from the MDT/WDS Server.
    • When the broadcast session of Win7SP1x86.wim reaches 25%, ClientB joins the session in progress. ClientB knows that it missed the first ¼ of the Win7SP1x86.wim file, so it starts writing 25% into its local copy of Win7SP1x86.wim.
    • When the multicast session reaches 100% of Win7SP1x86.wim, ClientA is done and drops off. However, ClientB is still missing the first ¼ of the file, and stays on the multicast chanel as it restarts (rolls back) to zero.
    • Eventually the multicast session of Win7SP1x86.wim reaches the 25% mark where ClientB first joined. ClientB now has 100% of the file and drops off. No clients are connected, and the server stops broadcasting.

mike39sm, Feb 23, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Feb 23, 2016
  5. TomT Win User
    Thanks for the reply.
    I removed ZA and Avast and still had the issue, so I put them both back, rebooted and now it's working !

No idea why but its fine again..

TomT, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PC - not accepting multicast - Similar Threads - accepting multicast

2. Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers.": I installed a 2 TB Seagate backup device for primarily photos and files. Using a Microsoft 11; an HP laptop 2022 and attempting to copy from iCloud photos/videos or once moved to Microsoft Photos, use a copy/paste - or drag/drop; and this error comes up no matter what.All the...
  3. Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message "Please update your device settings to accept media transfers.": I installed a 2 TB Seagate backup device for primarily photos and files. Using a Microsoft 11; an HP laptop 2022 and attempting to copy from iCloud photos/videos or once moved to Microsoft Photos, use a copy/paste - or drag/drop; and this error comes up no matter what.All the...
  4. My windows 10 PC wont accept my password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 PC wont accept my password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is my windows account email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-pc-wont-accept-my-password/b269ec90-9011-44a9-b1e7-b77bbccdf04d
  5. My windows 10 PC wont accept my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 PC wont accept my password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is my windows account email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-pc-wont-accept-my-password/b269ec90-9011-44a9-b1e7-b77bbccdf04d
  6. My windows 10 PC wont accept my password

7. Which non-alphabetic and non numeric characters are accepted in a filename?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which non-alphabetic and non numeric characters are accepted in a filename?: Hi, I am looking into a migration of folders from one old server to another one. We asked someone to create a report to help remove no-longer needed files but we discovered that thare are a few possibly more than 100 of them files that have illegal characters in the filename...
  8. Which non-alphabetic and non numeric characters are accepted in a filename?

Which non-alphabetic and non numeric characters are accepted in a filename?: Hi, I am looking into a migration of folders from one old server to another one. We asked someone to create a report to help remove no-longer needed files but we discovered that thare are a few possibly more than 100 of them files that have illegal characters in the filename...
  9. Which non-alphabetic and non numeric characters are accepted in a filename?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend displays- Can't accept changes: Hopefully an easy fix.New laptop, plugged into monitor and it duplicates displays.When I select extend displays, the pop up says keep changes or in 10seconds will revert changes.However the pop up is greyed out so cannot accept changes.Thanks in advance!...