Windows 10: PC not accepting my PIN password this morning, can't get into my PC

Discus and support PC not accepting my PIN password this morning, can't get into my PC in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I normally log in to my desktop PC with windows 10 using a PIN. This morning, I tried to log in with the PIN and it doesn't accept it. I just get the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CurtisWoodworth, Dec 4, 2020.

1. PC not accepting my PIN password this morning, can't get into my PC

I normally log in to my desktop PC with windows 10 using a PIN. This morning, I tried to log in with the PIN and it doesn't accept it. I just get the message "The password is incorrect. Try again". I tried using my microsoft password and going to microsoft on line and changing the password and trying with the new password but still can't log in and getting the same message. Help!

:)

CurtisWoodworth, Dec 4, 2020
  2. xendistar Win User

PC forgets my password

I am running Windows 10 Pro although the PC is not on a domain, most of the time the PC runs 24\7. The problem is when I have to reboot the PC, it does not like accepting my password to log back in. If I reboot the PC and wait for it to finish loading and then log back in it can take as many as 6 attempts to login before my password is accepted. If I reboot my PC over night and leave it until the morning to login, it will simply refuse to accept any password and I will have to reboot the PC again. My Password is short and simple and I have had it for years, I am the only user of my PC and there is only the one account on the PC and yes it is the admin account (ok none of that is good for security I know but there you go).

Anybody suggest what the resolution to the reluctant password issue is please?

xendistar, Dec 4, 2020
  3. WN4PGV Win User
    I am locked out of my second PC. It will not accept my pin or password.

I had a problem with my old PC. I updated the drivers and now I cannot login with my PIN or my Password.

I have updated the password on my working PC. I see both PCs in my Microsoft account but cannot log into old PC. It gives me

the PIN login screen but will not accept my PIN and tells me to use password. It rejects my password even though I just reset it.

WN4PGV, Dec 4, 2020
  4. PC not accepting my PIN password this morning, can't get into my PC

Stuck in diagnostic mode, PIN # not accepted, please help

I had no issues with my computer prior. I simply was following some online suggestions for ways to reduce lag in an online game we like to play. The suggestion was to turn diagnostic mode on, which I did. I shut my computer off and when I turned it back on and entered my PIN # it said it was incorrect, yet, it is indeed correct. This started a week worth of nonstop research on how to undo this mess. I can hold the shift key down while restarting my computer and I get a blue screen where I have several options. I have tried restarting my computer to previous version, does not work. I have gone to troubleshooting, advance, options and I get to the point that I can see a list of options like safe mode and etc. but cannot click on any options in the list, instead it says restart computer to get me to those options which when I restart takes me right back to the Windows login screen. I tried to pull up command prompt and it asks for my PIN # which it will not accept. I click on forgot password and it restarts PC and takes me right back to the windows login screen where my PIN is still not accepted. I try to get to safe mode, it asks for the user account and then the PIN # that again, it will not accept. I have turned the PC on and off 3 times to start the auto repair and it just takes me to the same screen as holding down the shift key when restarting. I don't know what else to do, I cannot get to safe mode because it requires a PIN # that it does not accept, I cannot get into command prompt because it requires a PIN # that again says is incorrect, I cannot get anywhere with any of the online options or directions I see that works for many people. WHAT DO I DO? Any help or suggestions??

thytaysmom, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

PC not accepting my PIN password this morning, can't get into my PC

1. PC not accepting my PIN password this morning, can't get into my PC - Similar Threads - accepting PIN password

2. New PC won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC won't accept password: I am just starting up a new PC for the first time, and am entering my Microsoft account info to login. It won't accept my password even though I KNOW it is correct, as I just used it to login to other devices to test it....
  3. New PC won't accept password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC won't accept password: I am just starting up a new PC for the first time, and am entering my Microsoft account info to login. It won't accept my password even though I KNOW it is correct, as I just used it to login to other devices to test it....
  4. New PC won't accept password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to get on my pc with no password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get on my pc with no password?: This is completely my fault. I logged out of my old admin Microsoft account on my pc and when I went to login under a new account, the UI that should pop up to check my credentials flashed but then auto closed a second later. I also noticed if I tried to use my Taskbar at the...
  6. How to get on my pc with no password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get on my pc with no password?: This is completely my fault. I logged out of my old admin Microsoft account on my pc and when I went to login under a new account, the UI that should pop up to check my credentials flashed but then auto closed a second later. I also noticed if I tried to use my Taskbar at the...
  7. How to get on my pc with no password?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. PC not accepting my Windows password even though correct.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC not accepting my Windows password even though correct.: How do I get around the issue of my PC not accepting my Windows password? The password works whenever I turn on my computer and sign in, or try to unlock the screen after locking it, or after it times out. But it doesn't work when I try to use it in the box that requires it...
  9. PC not Accepting correct password

PC not Accepting correct password: I have just bought a new pc, and it is telling me to sign in to my Microsoft account. i did enter all the details correctly, but its still showing an incorrect password. Please help...
  10. PC Will Not Accept PIN if Not Connected to Internet

PC Will Not Accept PIN if Not Connected to Internet: I just bought a new Acer PC. It will not accept my PIN number if it is not connected to the internet. There are occasions that I need to work and do not have access to the internet. I have never had this issue with a laptop before. Has anyone else had this issue? And...