Windows 10: PC not allowing headset to be used

Discus and support PC not allowing headset to be used in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have come into a few annoying issues with my PC as of late but I have worked around them. But in the last month a new issue began where my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TFGVal, Apr 2, 2021.

1. TFGVal Win User

PC not allowing headset to be used

Hi there, I have come into a few annoying issues with my PC as of late but I have worked around them. But in the last month a new issue began where my computer does not allow any usb headset to work properly. It came out of nowhere, one day I just plugged in my headset and in the Sound tab in my taskbar, my headset was blinking in and out of existence in the menu and my CPU% went from like 8% to 27% and over. I unplugged it, and tried it again, same thing. I fully shutdown my computer and tried it again when it came back on, same issue. I tried using an old PS4 headset, same issue. I then tried both headset on my PS4, and they both worked perfectly fine. I have been using the USB slots for charging my phone or attaching a USB hub and they work fine for those. So then I tried to look it up to the best of my ability because I do not have a solid grasp on what I should be looking up, and I reinstalled the audio driver for my mobo, still nothing. I tried to use the Troubleshoot option and it didn't work either.

I'm thrown through a loop honestly. I don't recall any software changes I've changed or anything of that sort, so I really cannot put a finger on where I went wrong/what may have changed.

:)

TFGVal, Apr 2, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue PC not allowing headset to be used :p

cadaveca, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Headset microphone not working in windows 10

Thank you for the feedback. Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps in the article, it's possible that the issue lies with the hardware or it's driver. To assist you further, please provide the following information:

• Have you tried the headset on a different Windows 10 computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different headset on your PC?

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your PC to check the headset jack for issues. Also try to reach out to the manufacturer of your headset to
    check if they have a new driver for the recent Windows 10 updates.

Keep us posted.

Jay Jap, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

1. PC not allowing headset to be used - Similar Threads - allowing headset used

2. let use allow the upgrading of windows11 on unsupported PC's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    let use allow the upgrading of windows11 on unsupported PC's: Let us allow the upgrading of windows11 on unsuppoterd PC'S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/let-use-allow-the-upgrading-of-windows11-on/2efc4fae-8186-4e76-9648-5bb7b5134dc4
  3. let use allow the upgrading of windows11 on unsupported PC's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    let use allow the upgrading of windows11 on unsupported PC's: Let us allow the upgrading of windows11 on unsuppoterd PC'S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/let-use-allow-the-upgrading-of-windows11-on/2efc4fae-8186-4e76-9648-5bb7b5134dc4
  4. Pc does'nt allow use of microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc does'nt allow use of microphone: I am unable to use neither my bluetooth headphone with an inbuilt mic, nor my wired earbuds as microphones.Here is a link to another thread where i explain how i am unable to use the "Set up Microphone" button to set up a microphone and how i took actions to resolve the...
  5. Pc does'nt allow use of microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc does'nt allow use of microphone: I am unable to use neither my bluetooth headphone with an inbuilt mic, nor my wired earbuds as microphones.Here is a link to another thread where i explain how i am unable to use the "Set up Microphone" button to set up a microphone and how i took actions to resolve the...
  6. Pc crashing using USB headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc crashing using USB headset: Hey guys, really need help. Tryed a lot of movies , but problem still there.PC specs:MB Z590A PROGPU NVIDIA RTX3090 SUPRIMCPU Intel i9-10850kRams G.SKILL 4400mhz 32GBPSU 850W MSI MPG A850GF 80PLUS GOLDMonitors 2x Samsung Odyssey g7 32inchLogitech mouse G903 LightspeedKeyboard...
  7. using pc as bluetooth headset for my phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    using pc as bluetooth headset for my phone: So basically a while ago I had my phone connected to my laptop via bluetooth ( I used the "Your phone" app) and I could listen to music I was playing on my phone via my computers headset and it was super useful. Then I had some issues and had to format it. Now I've tried a...
  8. How to set up and use a Headset on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up and use a Headset on Windows 10 PC: [ATTACH]A headset or headphone is one of the coolest devices because it gives you freedom from external noise, and deliver an immersive audio experience. While […] This article How to set up and use a Headset on Windows 10 PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Time limit on Pc or allow pc to use for certain hours.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time limit on Pc or allow pc to use for certain hours.: HI. I am not sure if similar post exist b4. So my question is I want to set time or timer that Windows log out after few hours use of PC or set time like no use of pc more than 10 PM With admin access. I know that If I make standard or Kid account may do it. But I want it in...
  10. Use this PC as headset bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use this PC as headset bluetooth: Hi, I've been trying to setup my new laptop which is Dell XPS 15 (9550, i7, FHD, Broadcom WiFi + BT) running Win 10 Home Edition, to pair my android cell phone and use the laptop Mic and Speaker act as bluetooth headset, however been searching around on google and some...