Windows 10: PC not automatically booting up after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

Discus and support PC not automatically booting up after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had my PC set up through the BIOS settings to automatically boot up at certain times and days while running Windows 7. After the upgrade to 10, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hhag12, Aug 1, 2016.

1. hhag12 Win User

PC not automatically booting up after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

I had my PC set up through the BIOS settings to automatically boot up at certain times and days while running Windows 7. After the upgrade to 10, the PC doesn't boot up like before. I checked the BIOS settings, and they're still set up the same way so I'm not sure why the PC doesn't boot up. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.

Tags: boot, automatically, bios, windows, 10,

:)

hhag12, Aug 1, 2016

2. PC crashes

PC crashes during or soon after boot up continuously. Using upgraded Windows 10 Pro 32 bit... upgraded automatically by MS from Windows 7.

Have to perform hard stop and reboot... only for it to crash again during or soon after boot up. How do I start it in Safe Mode and Will this help? Thank you.

RobertFreedman, Aug 1, 2016
  3. PC not booting after upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 1511

Hi,

It is unfortunate that the PC does not boot. I will be happy to answer your query. Let me ask you;

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How did you perform the upgrade?
    • Was the upgrade successful?
    • Have you been able to boot the PC to desktop after the upgrade or it will just not boot?
    I would suggest you to run Startup repair from Advance boot option. It may ask you to insert the Installation DVD/USB while doing startup repair. You have to create an installation media for that. You may download an ISO from the below link:

Download Windows 10

To run Startup repair from Advance boot option, follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and click on Restart
      in Power icon.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced Options.
    • Now click on Startup Repair.
    • Follow the further instructions.
    Now check for the issue. If it still persists Copy and burn the ISO image of operating system on to a DVD or USB using Windows 7 DVD/USB tool software:

Windows USB/DVD Download Tool - Microsoft Store

Now check for the issue. Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 1, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Check the tutorials. I do believe the fix is in there. Search with "Windows 10 reboots".

bro67, Aug 1, 2016
Thema:

1. PC not automatically booting up after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - automatically booting upgrade

2. pc not booting up after windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc not booting up after windows 11 upgrade: i just downloaded windows 11 upgrade and let it install but when i got back my monitor was showing nothing and it sayed lookking for signal. i tried restarting and looking in the bios and at the end i could get into the safe mode and see the place where i need to enter my pin...
  3. pc not booting up after windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc not booting up after windows 11 upgrade: i just downloaded windows 11 upgrade and let it install but when i got back my monitor was showing nothing and it sayed lookking for signal. i tried restarting and looking in the bios and at the end i could get into the safe mode and see the place where i need to enter my pin...
  4. PC started up to this after upgrade from windows 7 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC started up to this after upgrade from windows 7 pro: I don't know why this is happening [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-started-up-to-this-after-upgrade-from-windows-7/a0f4044f-1698-42f8-bf6c-cd5d4be305e0
  5. Boot drive changed after upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot drive changed after upgrading from windows 7: I updated my daughter's Toshiba Satellite c655-s5125 Windows 7 computer to Windows 10. Now it won't boot. I am able to get to a Command prompt though. [img] [img] From what I've been able to tell it wants to boot to an X drive, but I ran diskpart , here's a pic attached. I...
  6. Automatic Mouse Movement after Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Mouse Movement after Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I am duel booting between Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro. While in Windows 10, some games such as Smite and Fortress-Forever(FF), my mouse will move perfectly vertically or horizontally for about a half a second. This does not happen while moving mouse around in a browser...
  7. BSOD on boot after upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on boot after upgrade from Windows 7: After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro i get various BSOD on boot. usually i need 2-4 attempts to boot into login mask. very rarely i have a BSOD some seconds after login. power on after sleep or hibernate works well, so this problem occurs after windows updates. within windows 7...
  8. BSOD after upgrade from Windows 7. Cannot Boot.

BSOD after upgrade from Windows 7. Cannot Boot.: I cannot start Windows my laptop. I can get into safe mode. I've tried to system restore and clean boot. I have tried verifier which gives the error iastor.sys Attached are the zip files. Please help. Thanks. Attachment 36303 21625
  9. BSODs on boot up after upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

BSODs on boot up after upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Have installed Windows 10 Pro today, after rebooting I encountered a BSOD, the PC then rebooted itself and another BSOD occurred. This happened two more times and then I booted in safe mode. I have attached the mini dump files, I have not included the MEMORY.DMP file at...
  10. PC will not boot up after upgrading to Win 10 & going back to 7

in Windows 10 Support
    PC will not boot up after upgrading to Win 10 & going back to 7: Hey guys I've been having this problem for a few days now and have no idea how to fix it T_T. Anyways a couple of days ago my computer updated to Windows 10, I didn't like it and used the recovery option to go back to Windows 7. However it never made it as now it does not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer not automatically booting to windows