Windows 10: PC Not Booting After Update

Discus and support PC Not Booting After Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI installed a windows update yesterday and my PC will not boot since.It takes me to the repair options but none of them work. I have tried auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Richie Hales, Jun 8, 2022.

1. PC Not Booting After Update

HiI installed a windows update yesterday and my PC will not boot since.It takes me to the repair options but none of them work. I have tried auto repair, uninstall last updates both options but do not work. Can't get past the repair options.Any suggestions?

:)

Richie Hales, Jun 8, 2022
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 8, 2022
  3. PC Bootlooping after June Security Update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having difficulties on the PC after installing a Windows Update.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the model number of the HP PC?
    • What is the KB number of the Security update installed prior to this issue?
    • Which update are you attempting to remove?
    • Are you able to boot the PC to the desktop?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform step 1, 2 & 3 if you are able to boot the PC to desktop and step 4 if you are unable to boot.

Step 1:
    Run the Windows Updates Troubleshooter:

Select the Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows updates > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Reset Windows Update Components

We would suggest you to refer the steps as mention in this article:
    How do I reset Windows Update components?

Step 3: Clean boot

Try booting your PC in clean boot. Refer to the article on How to perform
    a clean boot in Windows

Note: Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Also, you may not be able to use some
    programs in clean boot.

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Step 4: System Restore using WinRE use bootable media

1. Use the Bootable media to boot the PC.
    1. Boot from the media and choose “Repair your computer.”
    2. Under Advanced troubleshooting, select Troubleshoot.
    3. Under Advanced options screen, you will see
      System Restore.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 8, 2022
  4. PC Not Booting After Update

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jun 8, 2022
Thema:

PC Not Booting After Update

1. PC Not Booting After Update - Similar Threads - Booting Update

2. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  3. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  4. My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot: My laptop doing windows update and doing restart, after that the screen showing windows update, but after doing restart again, the message from update is "undoing changes made to your computer" and after that blue screen appeared. I can't access safe mode, automatic repair,...
  5. My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot

My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot: My laptop doing windows update and doing restart, after that the screen showing windows update, but after doing restart again, the message from update is "undoing changes made to your computer" and after that blue screen appeared. I can't access safe mode, automatic repair,...
  6. Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot: Hello!A user updated their Surface Laptop 4 overnight and when they came back in the following day, it would no longer boot. Upon review, I did find that it was fully unable to POST, get to BIOS, etc. This laptop is just 2 months out of support, so I can't send it to...
  7. Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot

Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot: Hello!A user updated their Surface Laptop 4 overnight and when they came back in the following day, it would no longer boot. Upon review, I did find that it was fully unable to POST, get to BIOS, etc. This laptop is just 2 months out of support, so I can't send it to...
  8. How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?: Every time I boot Windows 11 with which I am happy, it updates the boot order to put the windows UFI first time. Windows should not alter the boot order it finds in the system, and damn sure it should not do it without obtaining first confirmation from the user. This behavior...
  9. How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?

How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?: Every time I boot Windows 11 with which I am happy, it updates the boot order to put the windows UFI first time. Windows should not alter the boot order it finds in the system, and damn sure it should not do it without obtaining first confirmation from the user. This behavior...
  10. November 2023 update crashing boot driver with no fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    November 2023 update crashing boot driver with no fix: I had downloaded the November 2023 windows 11 update when it got rolled out 2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based System. Ever since that update, I have been having a lot of issues with my laptops boot driver, I will start up my laptop and it...