Windows 10: PC Not Booting - Suddenly Stops Recognising Disk...

Discus and support PC Not Booting - Suddenly Stops Recognising Disk... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Upgraded pc from a 240GB SSD to a 500GB SSD. Windows worked fine, but is now not boooting anymore. None of the startup repair operations work, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ethan Mclean, Dec 2, 2018.

1. PC Not Booting - Suddenly Stops Recognising Disk...

Upgraded pc from a 240GB SSD to a 500GB SSD. Windows worked fine, but is now not boooting anymore. None of the startup repair operations work, and instead fail after a few seconds. Also tried using repair functions via booting from an installation USB. Not sure where to go from here apart from reinstalling windows. which i really don't want to do because i have already downladed programs etc...

:)

Ethan Mclean, Dec 2, 2018
  2. eno_deve Win User

Disk stopped suddenly

Hello everyone,

I have a disk 2.5" sata of the 250GB. It's a weird comportment. It's has a 120 GB and I was transfer almost 40 gb when the disk stops and dismount (I use Linux). Ok! I formatted and try copy 180 GB from my computer to disk which connect via adapter usbToSata. Almost 120 GB the disk stopped, again! This is very weird because the disk has a little use and shows no visible damage.

Which diagnostics can I do to repair or found the problem in the disk?

eno_deve, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    PC suddenly stopped booting Win 7 [SOLVED]

Well your boot record is damaged or the drive. You need to boot to your system disk and repair.

Try F8 on start up

So this is a OEM PC?

Jetster, Dec 2, 2018
  4. PC Not Booting - Suddenly Stops Recognising Disk...

SSD Suddenly stops responding, even though no read/write disk access is occurring

Hi Ignacio,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe Mode and check if the issue persists. To boot the system in Safe Mode with Networking, follow the steps provided in the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Also, suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Method 2: Perform Disk Defragmentation by following the steps provided in the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

PC Not Booting - Suddenly Stops Recognising Disk...

1. PC Not Booting - Suddenly Stops Recognising Disk... - Similar Threads - Booting Suddenly Stops

2. USB headset suddenly not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB headset suddenly not recognised: I'm running windows 10 on an Acer predator PC from a good few years back now. I got a new Logitech headset with a wireless USB dongle to plug in. Have been using this for a while now. Suddenly last night it stopped working and I got a notification that the USB device is not...
  3. USB headset suddenly not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB headset suddenly not recognised: I'm running windows 10 on an Acer predator PC from a good few years back now. I got a new Logitech headset with a wireless USB dongle to plug in. Have been using this for a while now. Suddenly last night it stopped working and I got a notification that the USB device is not...
  4. USB headset suddenly not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 suddenly stopped booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 suddenly stopped booting: I turned on my computer today and right after the acer logo I got a blue screen saying “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The application or operating system couldn’t be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors. File \Windows\system32\winload.efi error...
  6. Windows 11 suddenly stopped booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 suddenly stopped booting: I turned on my computer today and right after the acer logo I got a blue screen saying “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The application or operating system couldn’t be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors. File \Windows\system32\winload.efi error...
  7. PC stop working suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC stop working suddenly: PC stop working and shutdown suddenly and when I review problems report I found the fowling issue raptly in same date and time: SourceWindows Biometric ServiceSummaryStopped workingDate‎7/‎9/‎2021 6:26 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  8. Recognise partition as disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recognise partition as disk: I have a partition on my OS drive, but I would like the partition to be recognised as a separate disk instead. Is this possible in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recognise-partition-as-disk/257baa9c-de9d-4c41-9111-24a9a9296479
  9. Computer Suddenly Stopped Booting up...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Suddenly Stopped Booting up...: Hi there, Recently, my computer has been very strange... I have been having unwitnessed BSODs (showing up in the reliability monitor), lots of hardware errors in the reliability monitor and multiple programs stopping working. The troubleshooting steps I took to try to...
  10. Existing disks not recognised / booting of old SDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Existing disks not recognised / booting of old SDD: My nice new SDD arrived, I installed it into the PC and disconnected the other SATA drives bar the DVD, spun up my W10 DVD and fairly quickly had a new activated install of W10. Great! So I plugged in the old SDD (it has the old C: on it) and the HDDs and it booted off...