Windows 10: PC not booting to os

Discus and support PC not booting to os in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my pc suddenly stopped booting and went into recovery mode and when I put recovery key it didn't fix the problem. It's now booting to bios and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ishaan Gautam, Dec 5, 2023.

1. PC not booting to os

my pc suddenly stopped booting and went into recovery mode and when I put recovery key it didn't fix the problem. It's now booting to bios and even though my drives and ssd are fine, in boot sequence in bios it does not show it and the only option is windows boot manager. PLEASE HELP I have tried most of the methods on web.

:)

Ishaan Gautam, Dec 5, 2023

2. How do I change the OS?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to check in the system configuration if the OS is detected.

Follow the steps to check.

• Type in the search bar “System configuration”.
    • Click on the boot option.

Check if the OS is detected in the boot option.

Please provide us with the above information to help you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 5, 2023
  3. RS Z28 Win User
    Dual booting OS

Dave is correct, However, If you take ownership of C:\ System (Windows) when you are booted to each OS. Then depending on why you are asking this, as in you do not want others to access the other OS, then Take ownership as mentioned. Then you MUST add your
    user name in the list with full permissions/control. Then you would remove all users in the list

EXCEPT KEEP THESE>>YOUR NEWLY ADDED USER NAME, SYSTEM, AUTHENTICATED USERS

REMOVE USERS>>>ADMINS, USERS & EVERYONE

Now for an OS you are booted to. You can add other users in the security users list for C:\ and/or C:\Users & C:\Users\Programs and Programs (x86) & C:\Windows

if there is others with user accounts on that OS. And then grant them the permissions you want to allow.

Because you have removed the user ADMINS, so they need to be granted permissions to access the OS as normal.

Look in Part 2 for detailed steps for ownership, permissions and sharing

Redirecting

RS Z28, Dec 5, 2023
  4. GNJha Win User

PC not booting to os

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

PC not booting to os

1. PC not booting to os - Similar Threads - booting

2. Proper boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proper boot device: how do i solve theReboot and select proper boot deviceInsert boot media in selected boot device and press a keyi already tried change my boot device between ASCI and my Windows boot manager it still didnt workout...
  3. Proper boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Proper boot device: how do i solve theReboot and select proper boot deviceInsert boot media in selected boot device and press a keyi already tried change my boot device between ASCI and my Windows boot manager it still didnt workout...
  4. Proper boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Reset admin password but when I try to boot to repair it won't accept admin password, games...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset admin password but when I try to boot to repair it won't accept admin password, games...: I recently had to factory reset my PC because of the blue screen of death. I can log in no problem and I updated all the drivers. It's still not running right. Games won't run because it says it's out of date but it is up to date. I reset my admin password multiple times and...
  6. Reset admin password but when I try to boot to repair it won't accept admin password, games...

Reset admin password but when I try to boot to repair it won't accept admin password, games...: I recently had to factory reset my PC because of the blue screen of death. I can log in no problem and I updated all the drivers. It's still not running right. Games won't run because it says it's out of date but it is up to date. I reset my admin password multiple times and...
  7. Reset admin password but when I try to boot to repair it won't accept admin password, games...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. After update, W11 crashed, changed boot manager hardddrive, now I get "reboot and select...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update, W11 crashed, changed boot manager hardddrive, now I get "reboot and select...: After update, W11 crashed, changed boot manager hardddrive, now I get "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device..Update asked if I wanted to do out now or later. Chose later as I was chatting with someone. 10-20 minutes later it...
  9. After update, W11 crashed, changed boot manager hardddrive, now I get "reboot and select...

After update, W11 crashed, changed boot manager hardddrive, now I get "reboot and select...: After update, W11 crashed, changed boot manager hardddrive, now I get "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device..Update asked if I wanted to do out now or later. Chose later as I was chatting with someone. 10-20 minutes later it...
  10. “Select boot device” message shows on my screen and it doesnt do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Select boot device” message shows on my screen and it doesnt do anything: My computer crashed yesterday with the blue screen and after I turned it on again today it showed a screen with a “select boot device” message with two options one of them said “windows boot manager” and the other one said “Micron MTFDKCD1TOTGE-1BK1AABLA” but when I select...