Windows 10: Pc not booting up

Discus and support Pc not booting up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My pc encountered a BSOD error code DPC Watchdog Violation. After that it took almost 15-20 minutes to restart so i got so impatient waiting because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CyJohn05, Jun 20, 2022 at 7:22 PM.

1. CyJohn05 Win User

Pc not booting up

My pc encountered a BSOD error code DPC Watchdog Violation. After that it took almost 15-20 minutes to restart so i got so impatient waiting because I'm doing schoolworks i quickly pressed power button for 10 seconds then my laptop quickly turned off then i pressed the power button again but this time my laptop won't boot up. Nothing is happening i tried to remove the battery and the laptop charger and pressed the power button for 30 seconds still nothing happens my laptop screen is just pure black the fans don't work when i press the power button and i don't know what to do.

:)

2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

4. Pc not booting up

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

Thema:

Pc not booting up

1. Pc not booting up - Similar Threads - booting

2. msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system?: I run Windows 7 and opensuse Linux.I had to remove Windows 10, it got to big,vand slow to start and run.So I deleted it’s partition.msconfig in Windows 7 boot still shows both OS’s. Windows 7 is set as default.In a multi boot system is it safe to delete the Windows 10 boot...
  3. msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msconfig boot tab changes - safe to remove item no longer on the system?: I run Windows 7 and opensuse Linux.I had to remove Windows 10, it got to big,vand slow to start and run.So I deleted it’s partition.msconfig in Windows 7 boot still shows both OS’s. Windows 7 is set as default.In a multi boot system is it safe to delete the Windows 10 boot...
  4. Windows 7 machine boots to Windows 10 Install in error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 machine boots to Windows 10 Install in error: I want to keep my machine as Windows 7 but when I turn it on, it boots to the Windows 10 Install screen shown in the attached image. Is there a way for me to retain Windows 7 or is it too late? How do I revert to Windows 7? If I'm forced to go to Windows 10, I'm not sure my...
  5. Windows 7 machine boots to Windows 10 Install in error

Windows 7 machine boots to Windows 10 Install in error: I want to keep my machine as Windows 7 but when I turn it on, it boots to the Windows 10 Install screen shown in the attached image. Is there a way for me to retain Windows 7 or is it too late? How do I revert to Windows 7? If I'm forced to go to Windows 10, I'm not sure my...
  6. Windows 11 encryption while dual booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 encryption while dual booting: So I have on my laptop asus zephyrus g14 Manjaro linux and Windows 11 pro at the same time. Both are not encrypted. But I want to encrypt my Windows 11 pro using BitLocker. The TPM is available. When I start the BitLocker and click on "Turn on BitLocker", I get an error...
  7. Windows 11 encryption while dual booting

Windows 11 encryption while dual booting: So I have on my laptop asus zephyrus g14 Manjaro linux and Windows 11 pro at the same time. Both are not encrypted. But I want to encrypt my Windows 11 pro using BitLocker. The TPM is available. When I start the BitLocker and click on "Turn on BitLocker", I get an error...
  8. Windows cannot boot because all partition moved back by 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot boot because all partition moved back by 1: I am multibooting linux and windows, and I used to have windows on partition volume 8, 9, 10, and 11 on my nvme. And for some personal readon, I decided to merge my partition 5 and 6. But sadly this broke my windows system as now the volumes are listed on 7 8 9 10 instead,...
  9. Windows cannot boot because all partition moved back by 1

Windows cannot boot because all partition moved back by 1: I am multibooting linux and windows, and I used to have windows on partition volume 8, 9, 10, and 11 on my nvme. And for some personal readon, I decided to merge my partition 5 and 6. But sadly this broke my windows system as now the volumes are listed on 7 8 9 10 instead,...
  10. Windows cannot boot because all partition moved back by 1

in Windows 10 Customization