Windows 10: Pc not booting

Discus and support Pc not booting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday when i switched of my pc it said i needed to instal an update and restart and i chose to do it but it froze while restarting. I finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Old git 100, Jan 14, 2021 at 9:17 AM.

1. Pc not booting

Yesterday when i switched of my pc it said i needed to instal an update and restart and i chose to do it but it froze while restarting. I finally managed to reset but lost itunes which i downloaded again and all was OK but when i switched it on again today it will not boot up and the monitor does not come on. I have tried powering off and on again a few times with no luck any ideas please. Nothing technical

:)

2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

4. ram93 Win User

Pc not booting

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

Thema:

Pc not booting

1. Pc not booting - Similar Threads - booting

2. laptop won't boot... indicated a disk error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop won't boot... indicated a disk error: I have an issue with my laptop... it won't boot, indicates a disk error..... I have been taking system image copies, last one Mar 2020. I don't recall taking a revery drive backup, just my system image... Q. Can I boot from the external hard drive where the image copy...
  3. Can't boot windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot windows.: Hi I've installed windows on a pc with two disks, one of them contains Windows 10 and I use other disk for data, but by some reason windows created EFI partition on the data disk instead of Windows 10 disk, I tried to fix it with windows installer disk and cmd but because the...
  4. Laptop won't even boot into the automatic screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't even boot into the automatic screen: I fear my my laptop is dead for the last month or two. I've been having this problem with my laptop, where it turns and loads up, then starts the automatic repair screen load up screen but it never gets to the auto repair screen. submitted by /u/gods10rules [link]...
  5. Rig keeps booting to UEFI, details in comments

Rig keeps booting to UEFI, details in comments: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ChalkButter [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxx5w0/rig_keeps_booting_to_uefi_details_in_comments/
  6. Slow boot up after fresh install on new m.2 drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot up after fresh install on new m.2 drive: Hello all first post here I did a brand new installation of windows on my new m.2 drive I used a usb to do that and installed Windows 10 pro on my new sn850 1 TV m.2 drive . Since doing so windows takes upto a minute to load on my old samsung 980 Evo took a matter of seconds...
  7. How to remove fedora dual boot bios screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to remove fedora dual boot bios screen: I've installed fedora as a dual boot recently and since my keyboard doesn't start up in time, and because fedora is on the top of the list it just start it up, which I do not want. I've tried a lot of methods on youtube and here and they don't work. The os doesn't even...
  8. Realtek pci-e fast ethernet boot agent press shift-f10 to configure.......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek pci-e fast ethernet boot agent press shift-f10 to configure.......: when i open the computer says Realtek pci-e fast ethernet boot agent press shift-f10 to configure....... and the windows dont starts.please help me someone..my pc is core i7 4th gen with ssd[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows boots normally but does not show PIN prompt

Windows boots normally but does not show PIN prompt: Windows boots as usual, shows the nice picture, etc, but when I press a key the prompt to enter my pin does not show up - it just shows the faded picture with the three icons in the lower right corner. So far I have tried entering in safe mode, which does nothing except show...
  10. Unable to boot into windows Bsod: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to boot into windows Bsod: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG: Question: I was having windows 10 home version on my new laptop and one day it after i login to my pc, The pc will go black and show only cursors and when i was trying to fix that i reseted the pc and it won't boot after that it stuck on the mafucaturer logo and load for...