Windows 10: PC not detecting a webcam

Discus and support PC not detecting a webcam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The webcam in question is the "Hama spy protect HD" which I need for Zoom. The PC doesn't even recognise when the camera is plugged in but it does get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by filipkl, Oct 16, 2020.

1. filipkl Win User

PC not detecting a webcam

The webcam in question is the "Hama spy protect HD" which I need for Zoom. The PC doesn't even recognise when the camera is plugged in but it does get power because the light on it shines. I've tried some of the more common solutions but none of them work, I also tried the camera on another PC on which it does work. I would like to add that the camera is plug and play so It doesn't have any drivers.

:)

filipkl, Oct 16, 2020

2. Webcam not being detected

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop which is running Windows 10.

Starting a few days ago, the built-in webcam that comes with the laptop stopped working completely. Programs like Skype, TestWebCam, and others fail to detect the webcam.

PC not detecting a webcam DY6aP.png

I have tried all the steps from Dell's official troubleshooting guide:

1. Updating drivers for the Integrated Webcam in Device Manager gave the
      message "The best drivers for your device are already installed."
    2. Uninstalling the drivers for the Integrated Webcam.
    3. Updating to the latest BIOS A12 had no effect.
    4. Updating to the latest Chipset 16.400.3601 also had no effect.
    5. Dell's PC Diagnostics more than 1 hour scan didn't find any webcam related issues.
    6. Access to the camera is enabled in Windows 10's privacy settings.

Nathan Avery, Oct 16, 2020
  3. TobiaF Win User
    Windows 10 doesn't detect my built-in webcam

So, I installed Windows 10 Home a few days ago, and I've been unable to use my webcam ever since. I've taken a look at my device manager, but the webcam (it's a BisonCam NB Pro, by the way) isn't listed. I've even tried showing hidden devices, but there's
    no webcam detected. There aren't "other devices" listed either. I've tried downloading the drivers for that model, but they too are unable to fine my built-in webcam. Any suggestions?

TobiaF, Oct 16, 2020
  4. PC not detecting a webcam

Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

PC not detecting a webcam

1. PC not detecting a webcam - Similar Threads - detecting webcam

2. C920 PRO Webcam not detected by device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C920 PRO Webcam not detected by device manager: The C920 PRO Webcam is only detected very seldomly by Windows.It does not even appear in device manager.When I boot macOS on this computer, the webcam is always working under macOS.This is an AORUS Z390 MASTER Mainboard. Does Windows have problems with the USB ports?What...
  3. C920 PRO Webcam not detected by device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C920 PRO Webcam not detected by device manager: The C920 PRO Webcam is only detected very seldomly by Windows.It does not even appear in device manager.When I boot macOS on this computer, the webcam is always working under macOS.This is an AORUS Z390 MASTER Mainboard. Does Windows have problems with the USB ports?What...
  4. Logitech C920 Webcam not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech C920 Webcam not detected: The Logitech C920 Webcam is only detected very seldomly. It does not even appear in device manager.How can I fix that?I have already reinstalled the webcam driver.It is not a hardware problem as macOS always is detecting the camera....
  5. Logitech C920 Webcam not detected

Logitech C920 Webcam not detected: The Logitech C920 Webcam is only detected very seldomly. It does not even appear in device manager.How can I fix that?I have already reinstalled the webcam driver.It is not a hardware problem as macOS always is detecting the camera....
  6. Webcam detected as NDIS compatible device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam detected as NDIS compatible device: I can't install my webcam as it's being detected as an NDIS device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-detected-as-ndis-compatible-device/2c2b8c57-30c1-48f5-8802-830e71f0e927
  7. Webcam detected as NDIS compatible device

Webcam detected as NDIS compatible device: I can't install my webcam as it's being detected as an NDIS device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-detected-as-ndis-compatible-device/2c2b8c57-30c1-48f5-8802-830e71f0e927
  8. MSI webcam not detected

MSI webcam not detected: I have an MSI laptop. After a recent update, my webcam is no longer detected.I checked the settings, and access to the webcam is enabled.Pressing F6 doesn't change anything, it only briefly flashes a symbol which looks to me like a locked camera?I can't find the device in the...
  9. MSI webcam not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI webcam not detected: I have an MSI laptop. After a recent update, my webcam is no longer detected.I checked the settings, and access to the webcam is enabled.Pressing F6 doesn't change anything, it only briefly flashes a symbol which looks to me like a locked camera?I can't find the device in the...
  10. Built-in Webcam Not Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Webcam Not Detected: I need immediate assistance.My built-in webcam suddenly is not being detected by my laptop. I'm using MSI Modern 14 C11M.I have tried all troubleshooting options I could find but NOTHING worked.The error messages are:Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the...