Windows 10: PC not detecting headset mic

Discus and support PC not detecting headset mic in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have noticed that my computer is not detecting the input of my mic, it used to work fine a few weeks ago but stopped working now. I have tested it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MaazArshad1, Jan 21, 2022.

1. PC not detecting headset mic

Hi,I have noticed that my computer is not detecting the input of my mic, it used to work fine a few weeks ago but stopped working now. I have tested it on my other laptop and it works perfectly fine on it. I've tried updating the drivers but windows says that all of them are up to date. I have made sure that the headphones are plugged in and that the right mic is selected in settings.Thanks for any help.

:)

MaazArshad1, Jan 21, 2022
  2. Windbrand Win User

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Jan 21, 2022
  3. fireberd Win User
    Headset mic

PC Specs will help us help you.

What is the brand/model of the headset mic combo?

What front panel audio jack(s) do you have? Some are only mic or only headset, some can be either mic or headset whichever is plugged in and some are combination headset/mic.

fireberd, Jan 21, 2022
  4. xoxoreem Win User

PC not detecting headset mic

Headset mic

Someone please help me my laptop won't detect my headset mic. It detects the headset but I can't hear anything from it and if I speak into the mic it just uses the laptop mic instead of the headset mic. (I don't know if this is important but my headset
    is an astro a10 wired)

xoxoreem, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

PC not detecting headset mic

1. PC not detecting headset mic - Similar Threads - detecting headset mic

2. Windows not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not detecting headset mic: I recently bought a new laptop and plugged the headset in and everything worked like a charm. However due to some issues I had to reinstall windows after which I never get the "Which device you plugged in" option nor does windows identify the mic. I tried putting other...
  3. Windows not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not detecting headset mic: I recently bought a new laptop and plugged the headset in and everything worked like a charm. However due to some issues I had to reinstall windows after which I never get the "Which device you plugged in" option nor does windows identify the mic. I tried putting other...
  4. My pc won’t detect my headset mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t detect my headset mic.: My pc only recognizes my headset mic as headphones in output. I turned on my microphone settings and checked sound settings and tried manage input devices and it won’t show up. I even tried control panel and it says my microphone isn’t plugged in. When my headset mic is...
  5. My pc won’t detect my headset mic.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc won’t detect my headset mic.: My pc only recognizes my headset mic as headphones in output. I turned on my microphone settings and checked sound settings and tried manage input devices and it won’t show up. I even tried control panel and it says my microphone isn’t plugged in. When my headset mic is...
  6. PC not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not detecting headset mic: Hi,I have noticed that my computer is not detecting the input of my mic, it used to work fine a few weeks ago but stopped working now. I have tested it on my other laptop and it works perfectly fine on it. I've tried updating the drivers but windows says that all of them are...
  7. PC not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC not detecting headset mic: Hi,I have noticed that my computer is not detecting the input of my mic, it used to work fine a few weeks ago but stopped working now. I have tested it on my other laptop and it works perfectly fine on it. I've tried updating the drivers but windows says that all of them are...
  8. Mic's Not Being detected on headsets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic's Not Being detected on headsets: Hi,So Basically the problem is when i plug a headset in it Asks what is plugged in fine, i choose headset but it doesn't add any mic to my recordings tab all I have is Mic Array And Stereo MIX. I've looked at nearly every video and webpage about this but they all tell me to...
  9. Laptop not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not detecting headset mic: I recently picked up a Razer Kraken X for my Acer Nitro 5 Laptop. I plug the headset into my laptop and audio works fine, but the mic isn’t being detected at all and still uses the built in mic of the laptop - being the default realtek computer mic I don’t know how to make it...
  10. Headset mic useless as it is not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset mic useless as it is not detected: I am using a MSI motherboard and for the longest time it never detected any mic from any earphones or headphones so I'm stuck with using a separate microphone while using my headphone or earphone. I tried to fix it couple of times but the forums never helped and windows...