Windows 10: PC not entering sleep using rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

Discus and support PC not entering sleep using rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,I switched to a new Lenovo Thinkpad T15. With my previous models, I was used to putting the pc to sleep via command line:psshutdown -d -t 0That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Josef_124, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Josef_124 Win User

PC not entering sleep using rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

Hi,I switched to a new Lenovo Thinkpad T15. With my previous models, I was used to putting the pc to sleep via command linePC not entering sleep using rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0 :psshutdown -d -t 0That command now hibernates the PC, if hibernation is enabled. Not what I want!If I disable the hibernation powercfg -h off, the psshutdown returns this error:Error shutting down system: The request is not supported.So I'm trying this command instead:rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0When hibernation is enabled, it hibernates the PC. If I disable the hibernation powercfg -h off, I can see this error in Event Viewer, but nothing happens:U

:)

Josef_124, Apr 1, 2022

2. Anyone know a batch/script/program/exe that can put Windows 10 to sleep?

Check and make sure that your graphics card/device is using an OEM driver. Drivers for Windows 8/8.1 may work if you cannot find a driver for Windows 10. If it's using a Microsoft Basic Display driver (or something like that), sleep will not work.

Secondly, Windows 10 fully supports hibernating, and hibernation sometimes works even if sleep will not. Just in case, it may be worth following the steps below to enable hibernation:

• Right-click the Start button and click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following command and press [Enter]: powercfg -h on
    • Close the command window.
    • Right-click the Start button and click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down (if needed), tick Hibernate, and click [Save changes].
    • Click Start -> Power -> Hibernate to try out the new feature.
    If the hibernate option is missing in steps 7 and/or 8, your laptop probably has a driver issue preventing it from using low power states.

PC not entering sleep using rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0 0eced9b1-bbbf-4b68-b976-ff97be0f2533.png

Regarding commands, the very popular "rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,0,0" command on the Internet is totally invalid. It is not supposed to work, and does only inadvertently. The
    SetSuspendState function expects three parameters:

• Hibernate (Boolean; Standby if false)
    • Force (Boolean)
    • NoWakeTimers (Boolean)
    All would be fine and dandy if Rundll32 passed the parameters on as specified.
    However, it does not. Rundll32 uses the
    following preset parameters, regardless of the arguments passed to it:

• hWnd (dWord preset to the parent window specified in the start command for
      Rundll32
      )
    • hInst (dWord preset to the loaded instance of the specified DLL)
    • sCmdLine (address to string containing all the arguments you passed to
      Rundll32
      )
    • nCmdShow (dWord preset to the start mode you ran Rundll32 with, e.g. minimized, maximized, normal, normal no focus).
    All those parameters will be non-zero numbers regardless of what you specify in the command line. Therefore, any call to
    SetSuspendState from Rundll32 will equal calling
    SetSuspendState (True, True, True), which asks the system to force hibernate and disable all scheduled tasks that are scheduled to wake the computer up. Disabling hibernation and then asking Windows to enter hibernation is not a very good
    workaround to accomplish standby.

So, here are some valid commands:

Lock
    rundll32 user32,LockWorkStation

Log off
    shutdown -l

Restart (requires admin)
    shutdown -r -t 0

Full Shutdown (requires admin)
    shutdown -s -t 0

Fast Shutdown (requires admin)
    shutdown -s -t 0 -hybrid

Hibernate
    shutdown -h

Standby (requires PsShutdown tool)
    psshutdown -d -t 0

Unfortunately, after all the features it has, the Microsoft shutdown command is missing the standby feature! So, it you want to put your computer to sleep via command line, you'll need to install a more capable tool before you can use
    the last command above:

• Download Sysinternals PsTools.
    • The download should be a ZIP file. Open it and copy PsShutdown.exe to your desktop.
    • On your desktop, right-click PsShutdown.exe and click
      Copy
      . Right-click it again and click Properties.
    • Tick Unblock and click [OK].
    • Open File Explorer, navigate to "C:\Windows", scroll down, right-click the
      system32
      folder and click Paste.
    • To enter standby, you can now use this command: psshutdown -d -t 0

Techie007L, Apr 1, 2022
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Rundll32.dll?

Make sure to use an adminstrative command prompt.

Try this: ICACLS "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.dll" /T /grant Everyone:F or ICACLS c:\windows\system32\rundll32.dll /T /grant Everyone:F
    Can't remember if it is with, or without, quotes.

But, why do all this... try FileAssassin by Malwarebytes, if you are trying to delete the files, but be careful, if you delete the Rundll32.dll files your OS may take a cr*p on you.

95Viper, Apr 1, 2022
  4. Martmcd Win User

using shutdown.exe which switches duplicate the "sleep" selection

Hi Warren-Hall

to put the computer to sleep, try a shortcut to the following

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState standby

or

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

if hibernate is enabled the pc will hibernate rather standby

Martmcd, Apr 1, 2022
Thema:

1. PC not entering sleep using rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0 - Similar Threads - entering sleep using

2. api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll: api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll/43d58d24-b1fd-4f9a-9589-3cd0b8212c4b
  3. api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll: api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll/43d58d24-b1fd-4f9a-9589-3cd0b8212c4b
  4. KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ffa959e26bd + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ffa959e26bd + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]: Hey there,Currently trying to play Ark on Epic games and getting a kernel error. Don't know what to do about it. Details listed below.Fatal error! VERSION: 356.1 ShooterGame.exe!FLatentActionManager::ProcessLatentActions 0x00007ff758d5bbd5 + 0 bytes...
  5. KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ffa959e26bd + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ffa959e26bd + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]: Hey there,Currently trying to play Ark on Epic games and getting a kernel error. Don't know what to do about it. Details listed below.Fatal error! VERSION: 356.1 ShooterGame.exe!FLatentActionManager::ProcessLatentActions 0x00007ff758d5bbd5 + 0 bytes...
  6. PC not entering sleep using rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not entering sleep using rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0: Hi,I switched to a new Lenovo Thinkpad T15. With my previous models, I was used to putting the pc to sleep via command line:psshutdown -d -t 0That command now hibernates the PC, if hibernation is enabled. Not what I want!If I disable the hibernation powercfg -h off, the...
  7. PC not entering sleep using rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

PC not entering sleep using rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0: Hi,I switched to a new Lenovo Thinkpad T15. With my previous models, I was used to putting the pc to sleep via command line:psshutdown -d -t 0That command now hibernates the PC, if hibernation is enabled. Not what I want!If I disable the hibernation powercfg -h off, the...
  8. RUNDLL32.EXE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RUNDLL32.EXE: I am running Windows 10, ver 1909, OS build 18363.720. The RUNDLL#@.exe file has ceased to function. I can not longer access the screen saver program and the screen saver does not work. when I try to access the screen saver program thu settings I get the following message...
  9. DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM: Wondering could it be possible to get rid of the duplicate rundll32.exe entry from dcom. When opening dcom warning is shown (have clicked no recording). [img] [img] 138478
  10. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...