Windows 10: PC Not Going to Sleep Properly? (Display turns off but PC doesn't)

Discus and support PC Not Going to Sleep Properly? (Display turns off but PC doesn't) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, so as of a few days ago, my PC stopped sleeping properly. I've tried changing power plans / running the "powercfg -requests" command and nothing's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kensaiD2591, Jul 24, 2020.

1. PC Not Going to Sleep Properly? (Display turns off but PC doesn't)

Hi, so as of a few days ago, my PC stopped sleeping properly. I've tried changing power plans / running the "powercfg -requests" command and nothing's there.

What is happening is when I put the PC to sleep manually, or after the allocated time, my display will turn off but my PC doesn't. I can tell as the fans and RGB stay on the whole time. Any ideas on what might be preventing this from sleeping or what additional checks I can do?

submitted by /u/kensaiD2591
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kensaiD2591, Jul 24, 2020
  2. lollygags Win User

Turn off display and sleep mode problem

I have the Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 and my computer will not turn off the display or go into sleep mode according to the power settings. I currently have it set to turn off the display after 5 minutes and go to sleep after 30 minutes. I ran the Power
    Troubleshooter and it said it found an issue with the "Turn hard disk off after" selection and changed it to 20 minutes but the displays still won't turn off and the computer doesn't go into sleep mode as scheduled. I am however able to put the pc into sleep
    mode manually from the start menu so it's not like sleep mode doesn't work it just doesn't happen automatically according to the power settings. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

lollygags, Jul 25, 2020
  3. jorog(2) Win User
    Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Jul 25, 2020
  4. Delco24 Win User

PC Not Going to Sleep Properly? (Display turns off but PC doesn't)

PC will not automatically go to sleep after upgrade

Hi all,

After upgrading to Windows 10, my PC will not go to sleep automatically nor will the displays turn off after the specified time (10 minutes). If I put it to sleep manually from the Start menu, it will go to sleep and usually stays that way until manually woken up. I had no issues with my PC going to sleep in Windows 7.

So far I've tried:
    • Unchecking "Allow this device to wake the computer" on my NIC
    • Disabling password required when the PC wakes up (saw it on another thread so figured I'd try it)
    • Updating all drivers (chipset, graphics, etc)
    • Updating my motherboard's BIOS
    • Disconnecting my keyboard and mouse
    • Checking powercfg /requests (its blank - everything is none)

Anyone run into this yet or have any ideas on where to go from here?

Thanks!

Delco24, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

PC Not Going to Sleep Properly? (Display turns off but PC doesn't)

1. PC Not Going to Sleep Properly? (Display turns off but PC doesn't) - Similar Threads - Going Sleep Properly

2. PC doesn't go to sleep mode but only turns screen off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC doesn't go to sleep mode but only turns screen off: I've recently started experiencing this problem and I just can't seem to fix it, I've watched many tutorials on YouTube and the problem still resumes, my computer just doesn't turn off when I put it to sleep mode and only turns off the screen but once I move my mouse, it...
  3. PC doesn't go to sleep mode but only turns screen off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC doesn't go to sleep mode but only turns screen off: I've recently started experiencing this problem and I just can't seem to fix it, I've watched many tutorials on YouTube and the problem still resumes, my computer just doesn't turn off when I put it to sleep mode and only turns off the screen but once I move my mouse, it...
  4. My PC wont go to sleep or turn off the screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC wont go to sleep or turn off the screen.: Hey community,some days ago I set up my PC in my new apartment and was trying to get him to go to sleep automatically or turn the screen off, or display a screensaver. None of these worked out. I changed the power plan to allow the PC to go to sleep when sharing media because...
  5. Windows 10 laptop display doesn't turn off, or go to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop display doesn't turn off, or go to sleep: I just had to reset my Windows 10 laptop using the media creation tool, due to multiple crashes. So far, I think laptop is running mostly OK, but still waiting to see. But there is one annoying issue, an issue I have encountered multiple times with multiple computers --...
  6. PC Doesn't Go To Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Doesn't Go To Sleep: Hello,I have a windows 10. I'm having issues where my computer doesn't go to sleep for the second time. Let me explain, when my computer is turned on and then I put it to sleep, it does go to sleep. However, when I wake my computer back on and then put it back to sleep again,...
  7. PC sleep doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC sleep doesn't work properly: Hi guys I face a very strange problem in my pc: when I have some open apps and I sleep my pc, when I press a key and it wakes it up, it takes too long to come back to desktop and all of my apps was closed!!! I install different version of Windows from 7 to 10 and this...
  8. After Update, PC Will Not Sleep or Turn Off Display

After Update, PC Will Not Sleep or Turn Off Display: I have tried everything I can find for a solution, but after the recent update, my PC no longer goes to sleep or turns off the display. If I manually do it, it stays asleep, but the timers do not work. My powercfg -requests shows None for all categories. I've reset the...
  9. PC won't turn off or go to sleep

PC won't turn off or go to sleep: So couple days ago I got this problem where my PC won't turn off or go to sleep, when I click it just says "Shuting Down" and suddenly "Welcome". I tried Disk Checkup and all but I couldn't fix this issue. And I have the newest update installed....
  10. Monitor doesn't turn off on its own, and PC won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor doesn't turn off on its own, and PC won't go to sleep: I've got a windows 10 Desktop that I need help with. Ever since around a week ago, my screen does not turn off automatically, nor does it go to sleep when I leave it for a while (like overnight) It might be ever since the Creator's Update, but I can't say for sure....