Windows 10: PC not playing audio

Discus and support PC not playing audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm really not sure what to do. My PC went into the AFK "sleep mode"? so I pressed space bar and it instantly turned back on without any sound at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lunar_rev, Jul 10, 2020.

1. lunar_rev Win User

PC not playing audio

I'm really not sure what to do. My PC went into the AFK "sleep mode"? so I pressed space bar and it instantly turned back on without any sound at all. I've really done everything in my knowledge. I've uninstalled and reinstalled every sound and audio driver, made sure that it was default my sound output, restarted services, unplugged and plugged in my HDMI cord, everything. I really don't know what to do and I'm not even sure how it was caused so easily and quickly but if this is a bug then please fix this, I really would appreciate tips.

:)

lunar_rev, Jul 10, 2020

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 10, 2020
  3. We can't find an audio device for your PC.

Hi,

I suggest you run the sound troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on top left pane.
    • Click on Playing audio from the list and follow the on-screen prompt for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 10, 2020
  4. PC not playing audio

Subwoofer only plays bass in realtek hd audio manager

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try running Audio troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to run Audio troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

PC not playing audio

1. PC not playing audio - Similar Threads - playing audio

2. Windows 10 forcefully disconnects my bluetooth audio device when playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 forcefully disconnects my bluetooth audio device when playing a game.: The issue is as mentioned in the title. I have no problems with bluetooth audio playback on headsets or soundbars while browsing or working, yet when I open a game, the device disconnects completely within a few seconds. This is not limited to any single bluetooth audio...
  3. Windows 10 forcefully disconnects my bluetooth audio device when playing a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 forcefully disconnects my bluetooth audio device when playing a game.: The issue is as mentioned in the title. I have no problems with bluetooth audio playback on headsets or soundbars while browsing or working, yet when I open a game, the device disconnects completely within a few seconds. This is not limited to any single bluetooth audio...
  4. how do i stop this sign from appearing when playing audio in the background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop this sign from appearing when playing audio in the background?: there's this sign popping up in the top left of my screen showing what im listening in the background at all times. before, it disappeared after a few seconds, but now i can't get it to go away even after several minutes of having it play on the background. how do i turn it...
  5. how do i stop this sign from appearing when playing audio in the background?

how do i stop this sign from appearing when playing audio in the background?: there's this sign popping up in the top left of my screen showing what im listening in the background at all times. before, it disappeared after a few seconds, but now i can't get it to go away even after several minutes of having it play on the background. how do i turn it...
  6. Having an issue with awful audio stuttering and entire system crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having an issue with awful audio stuttering and entire system crashing while playing games: Hello!I am currently having a very annoying issue where my entire computer stutters and then crashes upon loading high-intensity games such as Cyberpunk or Fortnite. I have no clue what has caused this issue, but I can rule out there being a RAM issue as I ran the memory...
  7. Having an issue with awful audio stuttering and entire system crashing while playing games

Having an issue with awful audio stuttering and entire system crashing while playing games: Hello!I am currently having a very annoying issue where my entire computer stutters and then crashes upon loading high-intensity games such as Cyberpunk or Fortnite. I have no clue what has caused this issue, but I can rule out there being a RAM issue as I ran the memory...
  8. How do I play wma audio file with drm?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I play wma audio file with drm?: I have tons of files I ripped years ago from my CDs before they were stolen from me. I also have some backup files for the DRMs How can I either get around the DRM blocking the use of these files and or restore the backed up DRM licenses in Windows 10?...
  9. How do I play wma audio file with drm?

How do I play wma audio file with drm?: I have tons of files I ripped years ago from my CDs before they were stolen from me. I also have some backup files for the DRMs How can I either get around the DRM blocking the use of these files and or restore the backed up DRM licenses in Windows 10?...
  10. Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.: I cannot find a driver that fixes the problem. I've turned off the audio effects in sound properties and restarted the computer and still does the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated....